Sirens of War patch move changes

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Bms get to leap more? Im just gonna throw away my tackling slash now

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Just to be clear, NONE OF THESE CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO EPW YET. These are just the list of changes made in the sirens or war patch that some people may be interested in. Maybe the gms will impliment them, maybe some of them, or maybe none at all. This is just for the players (and maybe gms if they arent already looking into this)  :)
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine
I must say these changes are interesting but that's about it. If they were implemented people would flop over like a pinwheel in a swift breeze. It meets the needs of other versions of pw, not ours. My seeker friend was laughing hard after the update came on pwi. His seeker can now oneshot every barb on the server due to the zerk metal skills. My absorb soul would have 80% crit(1.3x) rate, etc etc this is not a smart idea for our server imo  ???
Arduous

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I must say these changes are interesting but that's about it. If they were implemented people would flop over like a pinwheel in a swift breeze. It meets the needs of other versions of pw, not ours. My seeker friend was laughing hard after the update came on pwi. His seeker can now oneshot every barb on the server due to the zerk metal skills. My absorb soul would have 80% crit(1.3x) rate, etc etc this is not a smart idea for our server imo  ???

I agree, if a lot of these skills do make it to Epic, balance will be so messed up, and that's the last thing we'd want.  Seekers getting GOF on several skills (thank goodness they didn't do it to Gemini Slash or Yataghan Vortex or there would be lots o' shit) ON TOP of GOF on their weapons?

As for psychics getting the boost on their dots, they were so weak before that it wasn't really worth using in pvp (although it did the same damage whether in black or white voodoo).  So that boost isn't too bad, but as I quit right before they implemented these on PWI, I'm not sure if they do full damage when in white voodoo anymore. 

If anything, I'd like to see the 100 skills of the original classes get their cooldown changed.  I used Awaken on my archer the other day and fell over when I saw the 15-minute cooldown.  That is...wth-worthy.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
i agree, many changes arent really going to be good for this server, but some actually might. I would definately like to see a CD decrease for awaken, rewinding gesture, and many other long term CDs that are infuriating to us. And most morai changes are actually very nice, ESPECIALLY for bm, because normally they are crappy and only nice to have. And certain moves (like Angels) isnt really worth the two sparks it costs so a single spark would be nice. I do also disagree with the CD change for blade affinity, it's bad enough we can instant cast gemini, ion, heartseeker, then pop off battosai for a fast metal combo every 60 secs, we dont need to cut the CD in half  >.>

I think the sin changes are fairly harmless, maybe even useless to some, but some changes may actually help us in certain situations. But if you think a certain change is OP'ed feel free to explain why and afterwards i can make a list of possible move changes for gms to consider (if any) after weeding out the crappy ones. And saying which you like, or think may be useful would also be nice. Thank you  :)
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

kitty stew

Fossilized Curse:
Channeling time decreased to 1 second from 2 seconds. Additional weapon damage increased to 100% and additional damage increased to 150% from 50% of max HP. No longer raises the target’s physical defense, but now clears magic defense buffs. Cooldown time decreased to 2 minutes from 10 minutes.

Can someone explain this part? I have no idea what "clears magic defense buffs" mean. It's nice to see some tweaking of useless veno 100 skills though.

A couple other observations:

- Seekers were amped. So many cooldowns reduced dramatically, and adding the SS/GOF proc to an already powerful heart seeker? Wow.
- I lol'd at most caster skills being targeted to reducing time on DOT's.

I suspect this is a balancing of physical classes more, with the exception of sins hardly getting touched.

It would have been nice to see some PVE balancing too, like major aggro overhaul of Barb skills. When I read on Seeker BTB description was updated to better reflect "massive threat generation" I just laughed, given how un-massive "massive" is.

Offline xd1764

i suspect it either means if u av say cleric mag def buffs it gets rid or if your target has mag def buff it clears it, not sure which it would be as i not a veno

kitty stew

i suspect it either means if u av say cleric mag def buffs it gets rid or if your target has mag def buff it clears it, not sure which it would be as i not a veno
Thanks, so means it purges cleric magic def buff from target? Not too bad, but not all that useful still given the purge skill.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
What intrigues me mostly are BM skills, especially those leap skills, they confuse me honestly, i wonder tho they work in a way to purify or what o.o

They work like sage tidal/focused mind, they appear after you leap and last 1 second.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Craggan

Seeker
●/○Rock Splitting Cleave:
Casting range increased to 20 meters. Sage version now has increased damage by 500.
●/○Staggering Strike:
Casting range increased to 20 meters from 12 meters.

Personally since i just started playing a seeker here but have one in PWI i would love to see these added...
The extra range skills are awesome for me and allow for better PvE play especially in FC

Tali

It's nice to see some tweaking of useless veno 100 skills though.

They're only useless because of the 10 minute cooldown. I LOVE the 100 skills personally.

And I think it means that it overwrites pre-existing magic buffs, as it adds a ribstrike effect + adds mdef/pdef buff.

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
i wonder if they will incorporate this on epw

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Tali

i wonder if they will incorporate this on epw

Some wouldn't be so bad. Like I said with veno 100 skills, a 10 minute cooldown? Come on.

Offline Casanova.

• Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud~
BM purify Leaps  :normal-2: :normal-13: gf PW 

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
BM purify Leaps  :normal-2: :normal-13: gf PW 

As I've seen these in action in PWI I can say they don't purify. They buff the BM with tidal protection or focussed mind for a short time.

I'm not sure if Agatio can actually implement part of this, I suspect it's an all or nothing deal. I would like to see most of these changes happen though, with a few exceptions.

Seekers: they have already been balanced here, they don't need the GoF extended to their magic skills. With their current combo attacks being able to do a good deal of 1shotting it'd probably be a bit much. I also don't think the cooldown reduction on Quid Pro Quo is a good idea, they would start outsealing wizards. The rest seems fine.

Mystics: Absorb soul may become too OP with a damage boost (seeing as mystics have higher critrate here than PWI I believe)

BM/WR: some of their buffs are really not needed IMO, they are already pretty much invincible in 1v1 if played right. The high % myriad would be a bit much of it exceeds the HF effect.

Keep in mind these were designed for a server where attack has gone way overboard compared to defenses. The melee classes needed a boost because all they could do was get 1shotted over and over in PWI. (Unless maybe they had full +12 JoSD r9 or better.) EPW has already been balanced gear-wise but there are definitely some changes to skills that could be very helpfull since those have been impossible to change so far.  (I especially like the archer, veno & cleric changes, some of those were long overdue. )