Epic Perfect World

Too many Perfect Elements?

Offline Rair

• Characters: Rair | Teiden | Shiredo (DANT3)
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
First ask for shit stats to get removed so every can gear up with maximum 1k damas http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=32896.msg475849#msg475849
now you are asking for this ?  :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43:
People are finally not quitting the server because it's not that hard to gear up, noone cares about your stupid gears or damas price this is a pvp server and I'm still with the idea of having the gears for free so more people could join.
^
From this I can say that Domgrath probably got the stats he wanted and now he wants to make it harder for everyone else to get them.

As everyone is saying, this is a PvP server, no-one wants to farm too much. You still need to farm EC for engraves if you want maxed out gear. And unless you have some crazy luck, you need to farm a lot for max r8 gear.

/lock pls
The cute 'empire' hit a new dirt low level :D

Offline Remmy

• Characters: Embry | Amora | Remmy
  • Faction: Apollumi
Donation.  Why farm in game when you can get it quicker by working irl.  More power to you if you got money like that to blow on a private server.  But I'll take my hard-earned cash and put it towards the stuff that matters to working adults...like bills and outside entertainment (take that anyway you want, but I meant going out to eat dinner or to a movie or sommat).

As for PE, I'm glad that this system was introduced.  I came back to the server a few months ago and before my hiatus I had no way of really getting my gear up to snuff because of work (retail+gaming is a horrible mix).  The only viable way before this was spamming Ares for the event tokens to change over to warrior seals.  And once again, being a Saturday worker, it made it hard to make it to Ares unless I had one Saturday off.

With the PE's the way it is now, it benefits a lot more people.  It benefits those who can't make it to one event that yields a lot of damascenes.  It benefits new players.  It benefits returning players.  It benefits PKers and PvEers alike.  As it is, everyone benefits.  And even though you can make 300 PE's a week (I don't make anywhere near that by the way because time constrants), how many of yall could say that you've gotten something godly in 300 PE's? There are a few of yall lucky mofos, but they're few and far between.

If you change the system now, the only people who would benefit from it are those who've had the time to amass PE's.  New players would be at a disadvantage again because now it'll take them longer to get decent stats on their gear.  It's a PvE server, but let's face it; players come for the healthy PK.  If they can't compete in an acceptable time frame, then they will go somewhere else.  If PKers don't have new challengers, they will go somewhere else.  So the only way this could've been remedied is if it wasn't introduced at all. *shrug*
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a job that takes up a lot of my time irl and on top of that my weekends are quiet busy. So to get on here and even be able to run a gv without having something come up for me is quiet the feat.

I enjoy PE's and the fact that they can be accounstashable because unlike some people on this game, I don't have the time nor effort to farm 300 a week. Good for you if you can.

If anything ( like some have suggested ) Aga needs to find a way to create another purpose for damas ; which, btw, I have not had a problem selling in game because I actually offer a good price when I sell mine. And yes, I do still donate when I have the extra money and I want to start building up one of my many alts.

Offline ☠Kriegsgott☠

• Sne☠BaktaSh☠Sina
  • Persian Live in dubai
  • Characters: ☠Kriegsgott☠
  • Faction: Artifex-Outcasts
Remove that useless thread

Offline GINJO

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Tarci - Ginjones
  • Faction: Akatsuki克
hard to get ec now... 

kitty stew

I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a job that takes up a lot of my time irl and on top of that my weekends are quiet busy. So to get on here and even be able to run a gv without having something come up for me is quiet the feat. I enjoy PE's and the fact that they can be accounstashable because unlike some people on this game, I don't have the time nor effort to farm 300 a week. Good for you if you can. If anything ( like some have suggested ) Aga needs to find a way to create another purpose for damas ; which, btw, I have not had a problem selling in game because I actually offer a good price when I sell mine. And yes, I do still donate when I have the extra money and I want to start building up one of my many alts.
as far as things in demand on this server I'd say damas are still among the top 3

the reason the price has dropped by around half is:

- people have less ec (like you I drop my prices a lot lower than I want to sell for, but nonetheless I sell them).. this is because
- of ec sinks like cap engrave, so vast majority of people have fewer ec and prioritized their ec all this time toward engraves, so
- less ec on the market
- less ec supply means lower demand for most things means lower prices to try and sell items

damas are still very much in demand (not as much obviously).. the people buying them realize that the purchasing power belongs to the buyer right now (buyer's market) so they wait out the lower prices too

overall the sentiment is that people are happy for PE's

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
That's because not many people have the funds available to obtain Damas or else they would be on the market. Our player base has grown accustomed to having a low amount of daily rerolls and gone about their day. With the introduction of EC Sinks, players have less and less ways of having EC, essentially reducing their overall income and thus their consumerism.
The exception would be players that have run the market in a smart way for a long time and continue to do so. The people who do buy damas, typically do buy from alt accounts so their identity is not disclosed (or from main account at times). This leads to what I said aboveI'm not marketing or economics student but the current flow of the market has been trickled down to a select few:
-Those who have the EC (Big marketers that have run the market, who see a supply but given the ease of it, they have no demand) or "1%"
-Those who have the damas (Every day players who constantly farm, who have the supply, but see no demand) or "99%"

This means that given the fact every day players see no demand for damas they accommodate the prices to what they feel would "easily sell", ultimately walking into the clutches of the 1%. Luckily we've established a price that is predominantly accepted (from 12-15 EC) so perhaps what I'm saying could be changed if a re-purpose of damas is Instituted.
Then like others have said, I am not opposed to having damas become useful somewhere else. This thread was opened so that people could suggest ideas to strengthen the flow of the economy.

Offline Scripter

• Old Player
  • I give 0 ***s and I got 0 chill in me.
  • Characters: AdreAnaline
Shut the *** up

Make PE sendable, me and many other players are accepting donations.

Rich bitch ass nigga

Offline Scripter

• Old Player
Remove PE
After you got your almost Agatio edition level gear, right?
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 04:00 pm by Seby

Offline re

• hoe
  • Characters: re
we got to build a wall , cuz there are too much immigrants in epw and we should delete them all free shets

kitty stew

Then like others have said, I am not opposed to having damas become useful somewhere else. This thread was opened so that people could suggest ideas to strengthen the flow of the economy.
you mean saturate the market with ec again? you'll need more ways of farming ec for that.. making damas/seals useful for other things would only raise the price and create more demand of damas.. it wouldn't have this amazing effect on the server's economy as a whole

this is like retarded hillary/obamanomics

Offline Scripter

• Old Player
Be honest, all of this is just a rant because the gap between older players and new players is finally getting smaller and smaller
you don't want people to get endgame stats because that would remove your advantage...

Removing PE now would be extremely unfair for those who join/come back after the change, might as well just introduce a new set of gear to make it fair for everyone...which is long overdue by the way.

Sticking to r8 for so long when all everyone is doing is pursuing impossible stat combinations, is what's hurting the economy. We need new goals, new things to farm or donate for.

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
It's too late to remove or character restrict them. 

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
First ask for shit stats to get removed so every can gear up with maximum 1k damas http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=32896.msg475849#msg475849
now you are asking for this ?  :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43:
People are finally not quitting the server because it's not that hard to gear up, noone cares about your stupid gears or damas price this is a pvp server and I'm still with the idea of having the gears for free so more people could join.
if gear would be free the sv would be a ghost town like other server or other svs in 2 days :)

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary
I can't take your post seriously with the comic sans text dude

anyway, the PE system will benefit newbies joining the server and old people coming back tremendously
sure you could slightly lower the amount of PE you get from certain quests and activities 

the old system wasn't really newbie friendly imo and a lot of people gave up and left the server because of it, getting good gear took way too long and the price of ornas and what not was pretty high

nobody wants to spend months and months of their life farming pk decent gear and then pk like twice or thrice a week 
not saying that gear should be handed out for free btw before anyone jumps on my dick
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

scatterer3

Are there too many Perfect Elements being given out on Epic?

The Damascene market is completely dead. PE's aren't tradeable; therefore they have no economic value.

You can get 300+ PE's a week just by doing dailies, and that's not even considering the hundreds from trials.

Yes, new classes are coming out. Yes, PE's are amazingly useful and amazing, but what are the drawbacks of this?

I personally loved the old system with Dama's and other materials to re-roll; they gave Event Tokens much more meaning and promoted a thriving market, however nowadays, you sink your EC's gained into cape engravings, and ornaments. It seems to me that the only thing that EC is even used on anymore is ornaments themselves and some 145 weapons.

I have fears that we are going down a path that in the long term will greatly hurt us as a community. Donations will without a doubt suffer in light of Perfect Elements being added to the game, significantly I'm not sure if that will matter or not, but I feel that once you do get endgame and have everything, what then?

The market is dying on Epic, and without a market, the community will suffer eventually.

Personally I believe that the Perfect Element gain should be reduced in certain areas to provide a boost and semi-revival to the old system that we used to follow. It's kind of disappointing seeing such a hurting economy for a system that has seemed to all but consume the old one.

I'd like to see everyone's take on the situation to see if I'm the only one noticing that other parts of the game are suffering in light of the PE system coming to Epic.

Thoughts?
The amount you can get within a day through trials should be lowered, that's about it