Epic Perfect World

Too many Perfect Elements?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Are there too many Perfect Elements being given out on Epic?

The Damascene market is completely dead. PE's aren't tradeable; therefore they have no economic value.

You can get 300+ PE's a week just by doing dailies, and that's not even considering the hundreds from trials.

Yes, new classes are coming out. Yes, PE's are amazingly useful and amazing, but what are the drawbacks of this?

I personally loved the old system with Dama's and other materials to re-roll; they gave Event Tokens much more meaning and promoted a thriving market, however nowadays, you sink your EC's gained into cape engravings, and ornaments. It seems to me that the only thing that EC is even used on anymore is ornaments themselves and some 145 weapons.

I have fears that we are going down a path that in the long term will greatly hurt us as a community. Donations will without a doubt suffer in light of Perfect Elements being added to the game, significantly I'm not sure if that will matter or not, but I feel that once you do get endgame and have everything, what then?

The market is dying on Epic, and without a market, the community will suffer eventually.

Personally I believe that the Perfect Element gain should be reduced in certain areas to provide a boost and semi-revival to the old system that we used to follow. It's kind of disappointing seeing such a hurting economy for a system that has seemed to all but consume the old one.

I'd like to see everyone's take on the situation to see if I'm the only one noticing that other parts of the game are suffering in light of the PE system coming to Epic.

Thoughts?
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 04:29 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
I agree. It should have been an addition to help new characters and not a replacement of the old system 

Offline tssrfire

is it fun to just post random stuff just asking because i dont get it why you post random s..t that no one care

Offline Viking

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Gaahl, Viking
  • Faction: ArchEnemy
I have 4.2k PE atm and not sure where to use them.

OT: Yes PE is easy to acquire as long as you do things, this means bh's, GV's, trials etc. You only get 2 per day by not doing anything. I think PE has helped a big part of the community to gear better which brings more balanced pk's but there is a little truth on what you're saying...but it's definately something that should be considered very carefully before changing anything.

Offline GINJO

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Tarci - Ginjones
  • Faction: Akatsuki克
Damas >>>

btw someone can tell me how the fk i can get 300 PE daily ? 

Offline Areashi

• Banned
300 per day:DDDDDDDD

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Damas >>> btw someone can tell me how the fk i can get 300 PE daily ?
300 per day:DDDDDDDD
You can get 300+ PE's a week just by doing dailies
Weekly

I agree. It should have been an addition to help new characters and not a replacement of the old system
When Perfect Element's were first introduced, I don't think that any of us thought that there would be such a dramatic switch from the old method of gearing to the "new method of gearing".

I remember when the idea of PE's were first brought up, they were only going to be offered as a way to boost the ability for new players to be geared up in a "starters pack", and to have a small amount of "free re-rolls" for logging on daily.

I have 4.2k PE atm and not sure where to use them.

OT: Yes PE is easy to acquire as long as you do things, this means bh's, GV's, trials etc. You only get 2 per day by not doing anything. I think PE has helped a big part of the community to gear better which brings more balanced pk's but there is a little truth on what you're saying...but it's definately something that should be considered very carefully before changing anything.
I agree completely that Perfect Elements have been a huge + for players that weren't fully geared and wanted to have better gears for PK.

I also agree that it's an issue that needs to be looked at carefully, hence why I asked everyone's opinion's on the subject. I believe that we should try and find a balance between Perfect Elements and the old way of gearing up, so that PE's aren't so invasive and allows for both systems to co-exist.

If you refer to what I said to Teru above;

I remember when the idea of PE's were first brought up, they were only going to be offered as a way to boost the ability for new players to be geared up, and to have a small amount of "free re-rolls" for logging on daily.

I don't think that PE's ever were supposed to completely destroy the infrastructure that we already had. Adding them to BH rewards and event rewards boosted the drive to participate in the events and dailies, and the only reason PE was added to Trials was because there were people heavily abusing trials to make insane amounts of Dama's.

Certainly the replacement of Dama for PE stopped the Dama abuse, but I think that it actually made things worse than they already are by cutting Dama's completely out of the equation.

The only time that Agatio actually made PE's heavily farmable (other than Trials) was when GV would give 30 PE's a run, and that was QUICKLY NERFED.
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 05:51 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Viversum

• bye

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
I came back to game after a year of break and PE is new thing to me. I only got 2 bc i didn't have much time to do stuff but I'm looking forward to improve my gear so keep it for now pls :D

Offline Monkila

• Faction: Don's/AxeメGroup
Breaking it down for nearly 300  a week (without trials)

-Bounty Hunter - 6
-GV - 20 (with quest)
-FSP - 12
-HDD - 6

But, not everyone is lucky enough to re-roll gears with nearly 300 PE's a week without trials. I spend more PE's re-rolling than trying to get them.  :-[

Maybe, make damascene ores and other old re-rolling stuff more useful? Like engraving or Idk.  :-\

Offline Shintera

it's a really really hard thing to balance. (WARNING: THIS IS REALLY LONG, and if you wanna cut through the bs to my theory of a workable system, jump down to paragraph 4+). let me know your idea's on said system (added in the logic behind the decisions as well so you can check if the logic works/fails also)

On one side you get a no PE system with heavy dama usage and dama farming with a few extremely strong factions, some really strong single players and newer players that stand little chance whatsoever vs the matchup. This keeps low factions low and higher factions (who know the system) or paying factions to easily take over combined with skilled players but manages a thriving economy

The flip side we end up with heavy PE which enables players to reroll their gear at an acceptable rate (in comparison to the couple a day you'd get with blood) and help close the gap gear wise from the long time players. This helps newer players join in competitive pvp which has much larger implications. ON the other side you get an economy that suffers since it's primary currency for gear upgrades (dama's) become far less valuable in the light of gear upgrades being now farmable

So to find a balance we need something that's somewhat farmable, doesn't take obsurd amounts of time and is limited to an acceptable degree. . . . . . my offer would be something along these lines

BH - 1-2 PE's for completion (enough to be enticing but not enough to overkill it at 4 max per day)
GV(delta) - have the delta go to stage say 5 or 6 and offer 5 PE's limit of one per character per day (so far were at about 10ish a day which isn't obsurd)
additional events that don't get much focus - no more than 5-10 PE's

In the end, I'd like to see about 15 or 20 CHARACTER BOUND PE's per day as a limit and no more than an hour or two's worth of time investment. This way it's an easy thing to do for daily on one character, demanding if you want multiple toons (emphasizing the focused investment on one toon, and preventing account stashing abuse), while also keeping enough available time to go out and pvp/pk or do life stuff since games aren't everybody's full time investment and restricting rerolls. This enables new players to have the (15 x 7 or 20 x 7) 105-140 rolls per week which is enough for maby one item (more or less depending on how you customize it) and still leaves a market for dama's. Bring dama's back for faction quest runs and such but lower the number to a more acceptable rate. 

In theory thish should be enough for a new player with investment to one too, to at least do something in pvp/pk after a month or so investment on one toon (more or less based off of luck) and that's without any ec farming, tt, ect. This should help revive the economy as it was where ec and dama's are still farmed and usable while maintaining a moderate pace for new players to start gearing up a toon that's new for them without obsurd time investment or money but still having enough held back that getting dama's or PE's (if they switch the currency entirely but at an adjusted rate to match) still becomes an enticing option to save on time and help with customizing those x 3 ct or multi int boots ect that you want in late game (but still viable with x2 ct's ect)

Offline Monkila

• Faction: Don's/AxeメGroup
If PE's gonna be character bound then bye PVE. I myself do all the following coz i have 2-3 toons in 1 account which i can freely stash when i need either of the toon's gears re-rolled.  :-[

Offline Shintera

it's just a theory to keep them from being used to such a heavy extent that they start taking over dama's uses entirely. making them non stashable is simply one possible way to do that. 

Other ways, is to make certain events that you need more participation in pve wise to have stashable PE's and maby having delta's 10-20 a once a day stashable PE's and the BH PE's as non stashable ect. You could play around with the numbers a little to keep it from being an account stash heavy use that makes dama's useless while still maintaining the basics of the function there in an acceptable level for newer players.

hell when is started the only roles you got a day were from the 3x daily blood or finding some random way to aquire ec to buy the dama's (if you make 15-20 stashable a day from those events it's still usable to do those as pve dailies to maintain some semblance of pve and stash for future alts, but there needs to be some form of limitation to it otherwise the economy will stay with dama's. And while I do think that high levels of PE's is a great thing to keep pvp balanced (which this server is primarily used as), the server won't survive if at least some money isn't given to maintain it. In that regard Domgrath is not wrong about.

It comes down to basically not being stingy anymore and giving up one or two things in order to preserve the future of the server as a whole. if that means giving up some of the smaller pve events in the game in favor of a future that can hold, it's something a few of us would be willing to sacrifice. and new players is also a cornerstone to a servers future, and without any means to join the pvp or come somewhat to an acceptable level (2xct and so on and work on 3x with investment) then you wont have a future player base to look forward too. it's a delicate balance and hard to do

PURGATORY