Epic Perfect World

Archers using fists? PVP?

Waste

Come try to aps fist me with your fists pls. Pls do i've been dying to find a non-kiting target.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i don't mind fist archers , do whatever you want with your char it's your choice.  As long as you're having fun it's ok.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
You forget to mention some of our skills are available in fists. Wings of Grace for example which make your first 3-4k attack null and void and gives us time to stun and switch and aps the crap out of you. Also putting aside the amount of hp we have i'm sitting at 37k hp with a crap ton of evasion.

God, you sound like a 1.3 player, evasion stopped being a factor in 1.4, even if you use wings of grace you'll still die because fists force you to stay there and take the damage. Also why would you stun and then aps when you could actually be smart, leap away and use real attacks.
Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:03 am by Fab

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
pro pvp  = bow / xbow , ranged wep.
for fun and kicks  = whatever wep you can equip.  :normal-25:
RETIRED BARB

Offline Бумер

• cherni bumer
I saw around ppl sayin claws barb 3 spark and occult to kill, ive played enough aps barb on this server to say its false, first of all barbs who understood the basics of aps with these class will tend to go for edges since it outdamges the claws (not the same for bms), a simple combo would be stun -> deff reduction -> bestial -> edges. Some one said aps barb are useless, have you ever tryed killing a seeker dph on a barb? even of its pure str? I did and belive youre not close from killing it. Also i disliked full str build to the high % of misses, even with demon blood bath (+300% accuracy) str tome and drgn ha top (+80% accuracy) the misses are very very comon on many classes, learn to tank with drgn gear and ull do just fine as an aps barb.
anonymous

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
I saw around ppl sayin claws barb 3 spark and occult to kill, ive played enough aps barb on this server to say its false, first of all barbs who understood the basics of aps with these class will tend to go for edges since it outdamges the claws (not the same for bms), a simple combo would be stun -> deff reduction -> bestial -> edges. Some one said aps barb are useless, have you ever tryed killing a seeker dph on a barb? even of its pure str? I did and belive youre not close from killing it. Also i disliked full str build to the high % of misses, even with demon blood bath (+300% accuracy) str tome and drgn ha top (+80% accuracy) the misses are very very comon on many classes, learn to tank with drgn gear and ull do just fine as an aps barb.

edges are great for aps barb yup. however, i've switched to claws recently with my demon barb .
RETIRED BARB

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
God, you sound like a 1.3 player, evasion stopped being a factor in 1.4, even if you use wings of grace you'll still die because fists force you to stay there and take the damage. Also why would you stun and then aps when you could actually be smart, leap away and use real attacks.
exactly, you cant get away. and a good bm, once he has you close wont let you away easily.
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM
HeadBusta-148 Barbie with a Slap a Hoe issue
StonerBob-150 demon wizzie
PureTalent- 110 sin noob as frig buff bot
Dolla4Holla- 147 demon 80 chan  arch

Offline Бумер

• cherni bumer
ed :tiger-4: :tiger-4:ges are great for aps barb yup. however, i've switched to claws recently with my demon barb .

well tbh, claws and edges are a preference for barbs, i mean i enjoyed having dual edges with the quiken stone in them, so i could go 2.86 aps with full accuracy and full dragon HA set :D
anonymous

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
edges look much better plus the animation is awesome.
RETIRED BARB

Offline Бумер

• cherni bumer
edges look much better plus the animation is awesome.

the look is another + :D
anonymous

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Fists are not completely useless in pvp. They are completely useless in mass pk and an archer who picks fists over a bow in mass really should consider changing the class he's playing. On the other hand in 1v1's using fists is quite effective. I have a hybrid sage archer with a good r8 -int set and I have a base 5.0 aps with dragon fists. The account wasn't always mine, but the friend who owned it before me used the fist build to farm and never really considered using it in pvp. So, his build is pretty much pure dex with just enough str points to wear the fists. He has 2 tomes and 2 capes, 1 tome is a dex which he uses for his bow and the other one is a str tome which allows him to wear the fist. I've tried the fist build in pvp a few times and I've managed to kill some decent sins/bms with it. So yeah, a pure fist archer is kinda useless but a hybrid isn't as bad as it sounds. Anyone with a full r8 int set can get  base 5.0 aps and with cube/warsong/DS orns the attack lvl can go over 40 and not to mention the wood pills. The archers might have a low attack dmg with it due to low strenght, but the lack of str is rewarded with the high crit rate (85%-ish for sage archers who use QS before apsing).
Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:45 am by GGB

Offline StormyNightz

• I'm a HellRazor
  • Cynix <3

I never stated I was a good archer. LOL I'm still learning. All the info you guys post helps me tho so ty =)
"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
There's a good chance the thoughts in my head will exit my mouth, don't say I didn't warn you.

StormyNights 150 R8 Demon Archer
Brooke 146 Sage Psychic
SlyVirgo 148 Assassin(farmer)