Epic Perfect World

Archers using fists? PVP?

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
You forget to mention some of our skills are available in fists. Wings of Grace for example which make your first 3-4k attack null and void and gives us time to stun and switch and aps the crap out of you. Also putting aside the amount of hp we have i'm sitting at 37k hp with a crap ton of evasion.
what archer wanna aps a bm lol, u go full chan and try to nail me to the cross with metal combo <3 im not trying to argue, just open invitation.
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM
HeadBusta-148 Barbie with a Slap a Hoe issue
StonerBob-150 demon wizzie
PureTalent- 110 sin noob as frig buff bot
Dolla4Holla- 147 demon 80 chan  arch

Offline StormyNightz

• I'm a HellRazor
  • Cynix <3
what archer wanna aps a bm lol, u go full chan and try to nail me to the cross with metal combo <3 im not trying to argue, just open invitation.

I'm not trying to argue either but never under esitmate your opponent you don't know who it is behind the toon playing it. Think of ALL possibilities before you stick yourself in a situation you can't get out of. ;]
"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
There's a good chance the thoughts in my head will exit my mouth, don't say I didn't warn you.

StormyNights 150 R8 Demon Archer
Brooke 146 Sage Psychic
SlyVirgo 148 Assassin(farmer)

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
if they gonna use fists they better think about it lol, leaves them wide open to SL spark, hf combo and a number of other bm combos because they cant use annoying leaps with fist on lol
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM

Offline StormyNightz

• I'm a HellRazor
  • Cynix <3
if they gonna use fists they better think about it lol, leaves them wide open to SL spark, hf combo and a number of other bm combos because they cant use annoying leaps with fist on lol

I personally wouldn't use fists, it doesn't allow me to move freely and still kill. Fists are excellent in pve tho, if you're comfortable with fists in pvp sure but i'm not and wouldn't dare use them unless I sparked lol xD
"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
There's a good chance the thoughts in my head will exit my mouth, don't say I didn't warn you.

Brooke 146 Sage Psychic

Offline CrisisX

I've seen archers that do exactly what ALL the barbs seem to do on this server....3 spark / occult ice / fist aps. It's actually kinda funny...personally know a few that have minimum dex for a bow and stat the rest into str for fists. All I tell people is..."why not just roll a bm?" x.x

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
i use lv 90 fists on my ea just for building chi so i can BoA in Gv.
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM

Offline StormyNightz

• I'm a HellRazor
  • Cynix <3
I've seen archers that do exactly what ALL the barbs seem to do on this server....3 spark / occult ice / fist aps. It's actually kinda funny...personally know a few that have minimum dex for a bow and stat the rest into str for fists. All I tell people is..."why not just roll a bm?" x.x

I try to play an archer how it's supposed to be played. I will only use fists in pvp when i'm testing and almost always use them on bosses in instances because it's quicker, it's a perma spark solution for me being a demon archer. Of course you have those ppl out there that will try anything and everything they can to get a character to do what they want.

Brooke 146 Sage Psychic

Offline CrisisX

I try to play an archer how it's supposed to be played. I will only use fists in pvp when i'm testing and almost always use them on bosses in instances because it's quicker, it's a perma spark solution for me being a demon archer. Of course you have those ppl out there that will try anything and everything they can to get a character to do what they want.

Pve wise on this server as a demon archer fists for aps against bosses makes sense if you're solo'ing or doing most damage and boss is in your face. If it's a magic boss you can long distance you're better off aps with bow you'd do more damage faster (tested). Again Pve wise, Sage archer on this server using fists would be stupid (unless for some odd reason you went sage and got a bunch of aps on your r8) mainly because you can't reach 5aps base, can correct this if I'm wrong and using windshield doesn't count cause you lose your eva buff so it's stupid x.x.

Pvp wise now....even as a demon in 1v1 or mass pk fists will more or less get you killed over using a bow. Archers aren't meant to tank damage or be in close range combat, someone gets close to you just...get the hell away from them as fast as possible. xD BUT everyone has a personal preference and playing style so if a person can make it work more power to them but I wouldn't suggest it to a single person that goes archer.

Most ppl either go with Sage -chan build (on this server) or Demon aps. IF these ever get tweaked which I have no comment about...ppl will either quit archer or deal OR they'll find out how you can build a ridiculously tanky archer that still does good damage and able to kill ppl like what I'm trying to roll my r8 into. -chan just seems boring and aps is boring (to me) so I'll enjoy being the odd duck out with tanky gear instead of being a glass cannon xD.

rainlu

Same most of people that tend to roll full dmg chars are later complaining how squishy they are and don't know the *bad word* how to play defensively and then qq about all tank classes.   and the thing is if you are not going insta cast you will use defense gear still use aps on long range and the.other thing is fully recasted nirvana bow with -int with relentless courage it will boost you on 5 aps long range,(the nirvy bow has. Like 4 k att.

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
Same most of people that tend to roll full dmg chars are later complaining how squishy they are and don't know the *bad word* how to play defensively and then qq about all tank classes.   and the thing is if you are not going insta cast you will use defense gear still use aps on long range and the.other thing is fully recasted nirvana bow with -int with relentless courage it will boost you on 5 aps long range,(the nirvy bow has. Like 4 k att.

Dat nirv bow gets annoying in pk, but most pro ea i fight do have a deff bow for sticky situations, its a class that you better know how to play or you will be eaten, if you know the class, put your bibs on its feeding time.
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Personally, and this is just me, but when it comes to archers, I can't bring myself to sacrifice so much damage that I would get from dex just to stat enough str to carry fists.  Archers don't get bp.  'Nuff said.

^ That

Antihero

I guess to sum up the point here:

Archers can use fists/claws in PvP, but that doesn't mean they should. They'd get killed a lot more than they would do the killing. So, to answer the OP's question, no it does not work well.

Offline Snowz

• Beginner
  • Hottest wolf you ever seen >:3
I didn't bother reading 90% of whats been down here, but for the main question fist archer kicks ass if you do it right. endgame they're base damage is only 3k less then a bm but almost always attack faster. Now, if a GM decides to read this, give the archers back their axes, idc if its dual axe or poleaxe, I suggest dualaxe so that the sins don't rage too hard >:P. or atleast let us use spears >_>
When love throws you a beat, catch it, and mix a wonderful tune!

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Fist archers  :normal-33: :normal-33: :normal-33:
archers RQ to mystics  :normal-33: :normal-33: :normal-33: :normal-33: