Epic Perfect World

Gear Macro

Offline Cocor3

I'm thinking at a macro to auto change gear from dragon to r8 or so:) like it is at fashion or skills macros...It's hard to change from def lvl to aps during a fight like... 4 pieces. Let's say my bm fight a psy...when he use immune to phys and switch fast to black vodoo and I have r8 on me tanking his hits will take some time till I change gear to dragon > takes a few seconds...and psy change only weapon from def lvl to atk lvl one and he's still faster. So I think it will be better to fight without inventory open all the time:) This should be good for all classes:)

Offline Cocor3

I post this pic if someone will say that I should put gear on my skillbarsXD

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i have only seen 1 game that does this (might be more), i dunno if Agatio can implement this or not but its a good idea  :-\
i'll let him reply to this  :rolleyes:

Offline Cocor3

Ok thanks EvilTouch:D

Offline Cocor3

Oh by the way ... anyone noticed sometime skills and gear on the bars change their places?:)

Offline Craggan

I have a BM and i keep my 3 main weapons on my skill barb all the time ( claws, axes and pike). I'm not sure if you can add weapons and armor to a macro tho but it would be handy that way when i want to use my favorite boss killing setup i could (axes, spark, cloud eruption, HF, claws and attack) really drops a boss nicely. Might be worth just trying it. Other idea would be take some skills and make macros for them and just add all your armor to your skill bars, there's a total of 9 rows of keys.. should be able to find room on the desktop.

Offline StormFury

• Retired Staff Member
Oh by the way ... anyone noticed sometime skills and gear on the bars change their places?:)

It also depends where the thing you drag out can be found in your inventory, if you change the position of the item in your inventory the icon outside will change too. (as far as I know)

Offline Cocor3

It also depends where the thing you drag out can be found in your inventory, if you change the position of the item in your inventory the icon outside will change too. (as far as I know)

yep...I auto arrange my inv... I got it now ty:)

Offline Nevyn

Yeah as a short term fix set different items on your hot bar and group them in sets; my Barb does this. All my skills and pills are on the hot bar at the bottom. Commands, pets and gears sit on the right. If I'm out PKing and I need to switch gears fast its a simple left click down a line of pre arranged gears. Macros would be good too, but if you need to reset them if you ever move it out of your inventory, I myself pass equipment between my 2 toons so this would be more of a task for me. Of course, it depends on the amount of gear you are changing too.

Good idea though, I support this ^_^

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline Zaboteur

ive been wanting to do tghis ever since i played harshlands for the first time, this was the first thing i thouht of when i started macros in pwi, sadly putting the gear in amacro itself is impossible, and the only way for it to be  dun is put each peice of gear in your icon bars, best icon bars to put them to is on your left hand side bar if u have them arranged on  your screen like this....

its the only way ive ever been able to do gear changes on the fly. and regarding your inventory, it wont matter if the item moves around anywhere in your inventory it will always stay on the bar, the only way you have trouble with this moving idea is when your using shift to link anything in a chat, thats the only time anything will disapear, but its just the link that does, it will still stay on ur icon bars still, unless u accedently dropped it out of ur inventory or slid it to bank and back, if it never leaves your inventory it will always be on y our icon bars if youve put them there.

remember if you socket anything with gems, it leaves your inventory, but if u refine it, it does not, <- this also might have you wondering where ur item icon went from your button bar after uve done some work to ur wepon or gear.this ive noticed occasionally..
Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013, 03:00 pm by Zaboteur

Offline MadWhiteRabbit

• Desserthoes for president
  • Faction: Ducks
Why is this topic dead?

scatterer3

Why is this topic dead?

No clue, but you can always play with mouse and leave keyboard for gear change.

+1 to your sig.

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
u want a macro ? 2 options get gamer keybord or mouse set it up to use a macro example click all at once 1 2 3 4 or 5 6 7 8 done u got it , or do it manual is not that hard

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Why some of you suggest things that actually is impossible to make. :normal-20:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
i have only seen 1 game that does this (might be more), i dunno if Agatio can implement this or not but its a good idea  :-\
i'll let him reply to this  :rolleyes:

Final Fantasy XI is the only game I can think of that does this, and I agree that it is a good idea, but it sounds like one of those things that if the PWI/China devs don't implement, it can't be added.

Since they just recently made it so that the macro doesn't stop when a skill is in cooldown and just goes to the next one on the list, don't see this happening any time soon, if ever. :(

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)