Epic Perfect World

a new r ule for the server.

Tali

evidence is plainly the right way to bring it, but when there is a GM <game moderator> online at the time, there shouldnt be any needed, as hes right there and can see everything. thats why there called GM's, i used to be one in final fantasy, as is why i still own the game after 13 years.. but that has nothing to do with here, but as a general point i want to make about evidence, i said i would screen it next time it happens and post it as to what im talking about is completely different then your all getting it said from me, its a "you have to see it yourself i guess" to figure it out the way im putting it here. i cant stress that enough. i get sarcasm daily, 60% of it i pass on as w/e.. the other 40% is just bannable. i guess this is where YOU all are confused as to what im saying. i GET what your all saying trust me, but i dont think ur getting what IM saying in the manner i have been GETTING this sarcasm in game.  its a quite different level. but as i said im leaving the rest alone becuase it SEEMS to me noone is understanding the differences in attitudes when the talk is being "talked", in THE WAY its being talked.. i guess you kinda have to have some emotion there to understand those little differences. its not like it can be just pushed off like all your troubles have been. its just different all i can say, and its not cool not having a rule about it.
You can't say people don't understand your points if you're not willing to understand theirs.
People spam me day in day out saying I'm disgusting, a bitch, saying I have no life, saying my venomancer is ugly, saying I'm anorexic, Hell, there's even forum threads calling me anorexic.

I take it in stride, I don't get mad. I don't report people. They just stop because I don't give a reaction. But why should I?

The reason I don't insult people is because I know nothing about them, I know nothing about why they say the things they do. Everyone's fighting their own battles, day in and day out. So what if someone called you names on a game? They probably have real life problems, problems that make them say the things they do. Nobody here knows you personally, nobody here knows what you do every single day of your life. Until they take the time to get to know you on a personal level, to actually understand you, nothing should be considered harassment; it should be considered a defect on their part.

Offline Zaboteur

heres a good example of what im talking about tali maybe this will get u into my head a lil better...

"your a FKN IDIOT Zaboteur, go fkn play with yourself u fkn faggot, you know nothing about w/e being talked about.".. then continues on with other insults like i didnt hear him the first time....after i asked to stop then told to stop then BL his name.. still continues to another account or chara.. again.. why wouldnt i report this.. thats harrasment at that point.  THIS, is what (I) am talking about.. this i cant tolerate and should be bannable.. THIS has been said to me before..
this is a total blatent sarcastic remark from him... pointing at me... about being plain stupid..and hes serious saying it not joking around... it should have been bannable before i had to even BL it. thats what is rediculous being able to happen from the same people day in and day out. those are the people that need a little ass kickin by a GM and stfu for awhile. then they  learn or get perma banned for not learning courtesy or just keep it quiet when it has nothing to do with them in the first place.

next we have..
"Zabo's a noob sparks like a retard and gets help from friends every time she fights!.. the fkn noob!"
^ also has been said in WC about me. ^this i can deal with^ this is trash talk unlike the above first statement. this i would not say a word about to a GM or anyone for that matter, i would just reply just as trashy, but about game pk ethics.. not a persons mentality directly...

i see a completely different tone in both of those statements, if noone can see the difference, they are missing the point of the first quoted sentence. and possibly the point of this entire thread.
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 07:21 pm by Zaboteur

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
This kind of "talk" happens to a lot of us, believe me your not the only one. Don't allow yourself to fall into the trap in which they try so hard to set for you.
Also remember even when it says the GM is online, It doesn't mean he \ she is windowed in and sees it all. ijs
If you feel you are being "harassed" / "stalked" or if you have a SS of something that is bannable, don't post it here send it directly to Agatio.  I'm pretty sure he will take care of it, If he feels it is needed.

Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 08:05 pm by Shay

Tali

heres a good example of what im talking about tali maybe this will get u into my head a lil better...

"your a FKN IDIOT Zaboteur, go fkn play with yourself u fkn faggot, you know nothing about w/e being talked about.".. then continues on with other insults like i didnt hear him the first time....after i asked to stop then told to stop then BL his name.. still continues to another account or chara.. again.. why wouldnt i report this.. thats harrasment at that point.  THIS, is what (I) am talking about.. this i cant tolerate and should be bannable.. THIS has been said to me before..
this is a total blatent sarcastic remark from him... pointing at me... about being plain stupid..and hes serious saying it not joking around... it should have been bannable before i had to even BL it. thats what is rediculous being able to happen from the same people day in and day out. those are the people that need a little ass kickin by a GM and stfu for awhile. then they  learn or get perma banned for not learning courtesy or just keep it quiet when it has nothing to do with them in the first place.

next we have..
"Zabo's a noob sparks like a retard and gets help from friends every time she fights!.. the fkn noob!"
^ also has been said in WC about me. ^this i can deal with^ this is trash talk unlike the above first statement. this i would not say a word about to a GM or anyone for that matter, i would just reply just as trashy, but about game pk ethics.. not a persons mentality directly...

i see a completely different tone in both of those statements, if noone can see the difference, they are missing the point of the first quoted sentence. and possibly the point of this entire thread.

That, yes, is clearly harassment. My point is that sarcasm itself =/= harassment. Context determines harassment.

Look at this forum thread.
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=3804.0

That is how you deal with harassment. Note how, after awhile, the poster just stopped? Because the reaction I was giving was not what was expected of me. As I said before, I've seen you on world chat, I've seen you giving reactions that lead to people trolling you. Perhaps you should reconsider exactly how you are representing yourself. Making this thread itself is already showing vulnerability, and THAT is why people will continue to harass you.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
That, yes, is clearly harassment. My point is that sarcasm itself =/= harassment. Context determines harassment.

Look at this forum thread.
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=3804.0

That is how you deal with harassment. Note how, after awhile, the poster just stopped? Because the reaction I was giving was not what was expected of me. As I said before, I've seen you on world chat, I've seen you giving reactions that lead to people trolling you. Perhaps you should reconsider exactly how you are representing yourself. Making this thread itself is already showing vulnerability, and THAT is why people will continue to harass you.
I have 1 word. Cry-more. (Yes it is 1 word, I linked, so please, ''stfu'') :normal-7:
Just kidding, wow this forum is becoming more dead by the nano-second.

Tali

I have 1 word. Cry-more. (Yes it is 1 word, I linked, so please, ''stfu'') :normal-7:
Just kidding, wow this forum is becoming more dead by the nano-second.

SO mean I go uninstall  :monkey-12: :monkey-13: :monkey-14:

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
its blatent sarcasm.. meaning sarcasm thats not tolerated. the line to be drawn? the line is what YOU can tollerate. thats the line. everyone different, if it bothers someone, that is enough period. thats where it should be dealt with. not a line where its comfotable for all. there is no such line. and it can be dealt with, as i said i will SS the next time it happens and i assure you with what these people say. they will get a ban.

"your a FKN IDIOT Zaboteur, go fkn play with yourself u fkn faggot, you know nothing about w/e being talked about.".. then continues on with other insults like i didnt hear him the first time....after i asked to stop then told to stop then BL his name.. still continues to another account or chara.. again.. why wouldnt i report this.. thats harrasment at that point.

Firstly, that's not sarcasm so you might want to check your definition. It's just plain insults. Secondly, if you PM one of us and you can't provide SS's, there's nothing we can do if we don't see it happening in main or world chat. Contrary to popular belief, GM's here can't read chat logs. So if someone PM's it to you, yes, we need to see proof. Finally, and this goes for everyone, the rules are meant to protect players from harassment but just because you don't like something doesn't make it so. If a player PM'd me and said 'Someone called me a noob, I am very offended please mute them", I can honestly say I would just laugh... there's a line. If they start talking about your real life/family or are sexist/racist/homophobic, then yes. They deserve to be punished.

How to deal with harassment on EPW:
1.) Ignore person -- don't feed them.
2.) Take screenshots.
3.) Send screenshots to a GM -- do not take it to the forums.
4.) Blacklist person.
5.) Let us do our job.

aeon27

i think a rule should be put into place on this server that includes blatent sarcasm to other people directly. if someone gunna sit there and pm u a bunch of bullcrap about how ur noob and call u stupid ass names for there enjoyment, they need to be banned, thats called emotional distress, and its far worse than any languag you can say in a plain sentence, becuase there directing it toward one person, the one there talking to, "YOU!" i say if they want to go off and call names and be a bitch in chat becuase there not there in front of u at your house and have the known feeling that nothing is gunna happen regardless what they say,, it needs to be dealt with in the manner THEY like to say it.. BLUNTLY and they need a ban for a few days until they learn some common decency becuase its getting totally rediculous just asking for help. this is the first server im brigning this up on becuase it happens EVERYWHERE an NOONE does ANYTHING bout it. they only do stuff about WC and not even much for that, they let it roll on and on and on, i see it everyday. if people can sit there and play with your emotions and get u angry i  think that person really needs to leave for a while, its not my fualt THEY want to be a fkn prick and say stuff that DOES NOT NEED TO BE SAID AT ALL. to get an awnser threw.  just rediculous purely. and i know im NOT the only one feeling this way becuase i know for fact SOMEONE is going to say to trhis post that its even rediculous i even said this, but you know what.. just becuase one person can throw it off and mute someone doesnt mean we HAVE TO BE MADE TO MUTE EVERY GOD DAMN ALT of theres before there dun bitching and complaining about how much garbage you are when ur asking a question...  NOT COOL.  there needs to be a rule here seriously.. if there isnt.. then im MAKING IT goto the rule of account abuse and im going to call out a screenshot next time and consider the next person/people that does do it to be harrasing me and under that they should be banned under that pretence period.  "harrasment."

enjoy.

Mhm, I see all that you said A LOT. Someone asks for some help in WC and they get trolled for asking a simple question that would take 1 minute to answer. This happens in normal chat as well. A lot of what happens is children, or adults acting like children. It's one reason why I am sort of taking a break from playing. It's not fun to see all that. My blacklist is FULL. Kinda sad.

Then again, it IS the internet and people want to be keyboard warriors which is ridiculous. Just have fun. Play the game. Etc, etc. People won't grasp that though. They just feed each others' egos and blah blah.

I understand ALL of what you said though. It's just ridiculous.

*waits for my post to be said I'm QQing/raging/arguing/etc*  :rolleyes:

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Oh **** my sarcasm and troll senses are acting up again.... Yeah, ummm one word, blacklist. Its a beautiful thing for emotional and those that are challenged by humor. Or those that get bullied.... Mostly for that one but yeah. Like that guy said, you must be new to the internet. You cant have a rule like that... Obviously it been said that you cant disrespect the ppl in epw, but agatio or the other gms cant go around banning EVERYONE. Yeah... Have fun in highschool

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y

Mhm, I see all that you said A LOT. Someone asks for some help in WC and they get trolled for asking a simple question that would take 1 minute to answer. This happens in normal chat as well. A lot of what happens is children, or adults acting like children. It's one reason why I am sort of taking a break from playing. It's not fun to see all that. My blacklist is FULL. Kinda sad.

Then again, it IS the internet and people want to be keyboard warriors which is ridiculous. Just have fun. Play the game. Etc, etc. People won't grasp that though. They just feed each others' egos and blah blah.

I understand ALL of what you said though. It's just ridiculous.

*waits for my post to be said I'm QQing/raging/arguing/etc*  :rolleyes:

wow way to argue and rage and QQ all in 1 post. good job :D

seriously though. OK you got a question. use the internet to find the answer. its an mmo so most likely there's a guide or at least a forum discussion somewhere about it. as for the rudeness or harassment or what ever you would like to call it. some do take it over bored but i find it very hard to believe that an email with a SS attached wouldn't have got you the justice you wanted. not like its really that hard to hit print screen and attach a pic or 2 to an email. all this said i don't think we need a new rule just need people to be a little more considerate which will never happen lol. I have to agree with tali on the just don't bother responding thing. someone is making you upset leave the area don't respond to there PM's don't even acknowledge they exist in the future maybe then they will get the message that they are rude , inconsiderate,  and no one wants to deal with them acting that way ;3 .

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Sounds like someone can't tell the difference between written sarcasm and harassment. 

By your logic, I should be banned because a lot of what I say is dripping with sarcasm.  It's not my fault that someone will get offended by sarcasm.  Not gonna dumb down my humor for those kinds.  Just saying.

On the flip side, when it comes to those who poke fun at the newer members of the server (I've only been here a month myself, but because I did play PWI for 3.5 years, and because I'm a fairly quick learner, I can answer things without that sarcasm head of mine peaking out), I will agree that that's just wrong.  Some people are completely new to the game itself (smart on them to come to a private server instead of PWI if you ask me :P), or new to the (d)evolution of the game.  Of course some people are going to confuse 79 skills with the level 80 Morai skills.  Correct them nicely and move on.

The GM's are doing a great job dealing with those people who go on a one-hour pk trash talk/rant type thing.  I don't care for it to begin with, but some people will do it, and will go on for HOURS.  That I'd deal with before dealing with a few "blatantly sarcastic" remarks.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

aeon27

wow way to argue and rage and QQ all in 1 post. good job :D

seriously though. OK you got a question. use the internet to find the answer. its an mmo so most likely there's a guide or at least a forum discussion somewhere about it. as for the rudeness or harassment or what ever you would like to call it. some do take it over bored but i find it very hard to believe that an email with a SS attached wouldn't have got you the justice you wanted. not like its really that hard to hit print screen and attach a pic or 2 to an email. all this said i don't think we need a new rule just need people to be a little more considerate which will never happen lol. I have to agree with tali on the just don't bother responding thing. someone is making you upset leave the area don't respond to there PM's don't even acknowledge they exist in the future maybe then they will get the message that they are rude , inconsiderate,  and no one wants to deal with them acting that way ;3 .

Hahaha

People should be allowed to ask questions, stand in an area, etc. etc. etc. without some random person trolling the heck out of them though. lol Everyone has valid points though. Honestly, it comes to down to "this is the internet, keyboard warriors are everywhere."  :rolleyes:

Offline Zaboteur

well i think this post has reached its end.. i think im going to marry Xaida now, is that ok with you Xaida?   :P lol just jokin!.  :police:

Offline djdirty_713

got a good point and wish they could IP ban them. but even easier and maby better would be to extend the blacklist.
i mean this is a private server so who says it has to be the same as PWI? :smiley: