Epic Perfect World

Balancing Skills

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
Didn't read your posts but seems that I've made some people angry. If you don't agree with these edits (most of which have been suggested by others before and I just complied them into one thread) then don't post. It's simple as that.
I don't understand. You made a thread about changing skills but you don't want anyone to comment on it unless they agree with it?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I don't understand. You made a thread about changing skills but you don't want anyone to comment on it unless they agree with it?

Criticism is fine, however insulting is not. There was almost 4 pages filled with random insults and unrelated posts before the thread was cleaned. Do you understand now?

Offline Areashi

• Banned
I've been thinking of a few solutions on a few skills that may be beneficial to the server in the long run, and fix some of the problems that we see many complaining about lately.

• Genie Spark
  • ○Ironwood Scarab
  • Life Hunter
  • Mighty Swing
  • Occult Ice

If these won't be removed or seriously tampered with, why not make them less spammable and easy to use?

Here's a few solutions of the top of my head that would make them 100% less annoying (that others have also suggested in the past).

Genie Spark -

Increase the amount of energy needed to cast this skill to 100+ so that it will be a high risk skill to use when not using a vit/mag genie. You'll still have the skill, however in using it you will be seriously crutching yourself in a dexterity genie.

Life Hunter -

Increase the cooldown of this skill to 6~8 seconds and increase the effect duration. This will solve the "spammable" Life Hunter issue, while still keeping the skill as it is. This suggestion was approved before by Agatio when the thread was made by Seby last year, however it was never implemented.

○Mighty Swing -

Increase the cooldown of this skill, however boost the chance of proc to 90-100%. This will solve the "spammable" paralyze issue, while making it more reliable in the process.

Occult Ice -

Increase the amount of genie energy needed to cast the skill, however boost the chance of proc to 90-100% when at 120 strength. Other servers reduced the duration of the stun, however I felt that it was too much of a nerf to the skill.

These are just thoughts of mine, feel free to leave comments below
Gonna comment on the ones I actually care about:

Genie spark:

This is a huge nerf to MGs, personally I don't get why you wanna do this keeping in mind what the current state of TW is. -1 for this.

Life hunter: 
A decent nerf to anyone used to 1.5 skills at this point. If you do this then DPH will change, I'd probably go back to using rib strike/twin strike instead because it would be far more beneficial. With this I don't really have a problem because I hate 1.5 skills in general. +1 for this.

Mighty Swing: 
I'd like to say this is a retarded thing to even suggest but since RNG shouldn't belong in games anyway I have to +1. However I think you should nerf the skill even further than that to make it more balance with the current state. So "kinda" +1. It's obvious you're trying to boost WBs while nerfing everything else though.

Occult Ice: 
Again this benefits you, RGN is unfair in every aspect of the character's skills, however genie builds are a totally different story. This is based on YOUR OWN genie build. -1 for this.

kitty stew

Criticism is fine, however insulting is not.

Wonder who abuses the anti spark the most Tyrants Wonder who gave them this Russians Wonder who complains about this the most Tyrants What comes around goes around I guess, losers will forever be losers, I guess.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Occult Ice: Again this benefits you, RGN is unfair in every aspect of the character's skills, however genie builds are a totally different story. This is based on YOUR OWN genie build. -1 for this.

How exactly is increasing the genie energy requirement for occult ice to 100+ while boosting the % of proc to 90% (from 80% @ 120) a "boost"?

Occult ice @ 120 STR already burns through almost all of the genie energy (80 energy), not to mention using occult ice at anything lower than 120 STR is completely useless.

There's a big difference between sparring relating to in-game things and personal insults. 
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2016, 06:14 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Areashi

• Banned

How exactly is increasing the genie energy requirement for occult ice to 100+ while boosting the % of proc to 90% (from 80% @ 120) a "boost"?

Occult ice @ 120 STR already burns through almost all of the genie energy (80 energy), not to mention using occult ice at anything lower than 120 STR is completely useless.

mfw
It is a boost. Occult ice becomes more consistent and therefore more of a threat then it already is.
btw wtg ignoring everything but the -1 that affects your class the most L U L you played yourself

Offline Dell

• Gameplay\really Matter
  • character reflict irl
  • Characters: Dell
  • Faction: None
I repeat Build your own server and make your char one of a kind! Stop this drama LMFAO! Complaining 24\7.. every single sh it what make you rekt in this game you always complaining and cry on threads! Domgrath! 
Friendly:) and Loyal

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
I've been thinking of a few solutions on a few skills that may be beneficial to the server in the long run, and fix some of the problems that we see many complaining about lately.

• Genie Spark
  • ○Ironwood Scarab
  • Life Hunter
  • Mighty Swing
  • Occult Ice

If these won't be removed or seriously tampered with, why not make them less spammable and easy to use?

Here's a few solutions of the top of my head that would make them 100% less annoying (that others have also suggested in the past).

Genie Spark -

Increase the amount of energy needed to cast this skill to 100+ so that it will be a high risk skill to use when not using a vit/mag genie. You'll still have the skill, however in using it you will be seriously crutching yourself in a dexterity genie.

○Ironwood Scarab -

Increase the cooldown/ or Chi usage on ○Ironwood Scarab so that it's impractical to spam constantly for 0 defense proc. In doing so, you will make it so that venomancers will not be limited to spamming 0 defense for kills, and they will be forced to use the other skills they have instead of sticking to this one-skill tactic that we see so constantly in PK.

Life Hunter -

Increase the cooldown of this skill to 6~8 seconds and increase the effect duration. This will solve the "spammable" Life Hunter issue, while still keeping the skill as it is. This suggestion was approved before by Agatio when the thread was made by Seby last year, however it was never implemented.

○Mighty Swing -

Increase the cooldown of this skill, however boost the chance of proc to 90-100%. This will solve the "spammable" paralyze issue, while making it more reliable in the process.

Occult Ice -

Increase the amount of genie energy needed to cast the skill, however boost the chance of proc to 90-100% when at 120 strength. Other servers reduced the duration of the stun, however I felt that it was too much of a nerf to the skill.

The reason that Mighty Swing and Occult Ice should be boosted to 90~100% if these changes were to occur would be because they're very unreliable when trying to do anything as-is, and if they were harder to use following these changes, it would completely ruin the Barbarian class if they still didn't proc.

Look, I know that there are plenty of other skills that people want nerfed, but we all need to come together and compromise at this point. You cannot nerf controversial skills to oblivion and not try to balance out the situations instead.

After bothering to read your "balances" I can say I completely regret it because of the autism that leaks out of it that goes by the name of domgrath, you are such a daft loser who only tries boost himself and nerf everyone else. Every skill you have mentioned gets a complete nerf, where as barb only gets boosted out of this. Here, an example, spark nerf, mages gain nothing out of it, 0d nerf, wfs get nothing out of it, occult nerf? you lose 10/20 more energy BUT you can now use 100 str instead of 120 to achieve the same effect as you had before with an additional 20 points into magic now, gz you just made a vit genie with occult and solid shield. 3.0 regen. Nerf knockdowns cooldown whilst also making it a completely reliable skill to use? how is this a nerf? unless the cooldown gets increase to at least 12~15 seconds this isn't a nerf.

As usual domgrath strikes again with the "nerf everyone but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" threads

sebigeniusguys
♡ Bellend ♡

PURGATORY

After bothering to read your "balances" I can say I completely regret it because of the autism that leaks out of it that goes by the name of domgrath, you are such a daft loser who only tries boost himself and nerf everyone else. Every skill you have mentioned gets a complete nerf, where as barb only gets boosted out of this. Here, an example, spark nerf, mages gain nothing out of it, 0d nerf, wfs get nothing out of it, occult nerf? you lose 10/20 more energy BUT you can now use 100 str instead of 120 to achieve the same effect as you had before with an additional 20 points into magic now, gz you just made a vit genie with occult and solid shield. 3.0 regen. Nerf knockdowns cooldown whilst also making it a completely reliable skill to use? how is this a nerf? unless the cooldown gets increase to at least 12~15 seconds this isn't a nerf.

As usual domgrath strikes again with the "nerf everyone but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" threads"
:normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

Typical logic.

Soochi

• Genie Spark
  • ○Ironwood Scarab
  • Life Hunter
  • Mighty Swing
  • Occult Ice

Genie Spark -

○Ironwood Scarab -

Increase the cooldown/ or Chi usage on ○Ironwood Scarab so that it's impractical to spam constantly for 0 defense proc. In doing so, you will make it so that venomancers will not be limited to spamming 0 defense for kills, and they will be forced to use the other skills they have instead of sticking to this one-skill tactic that we see so constantly in PK.

Life Hunter -

○Mighty Swing -

Occult Ice -

The reason that Mighty Swing and Occult Ice should be boosted to 90~100% if these changes were to occur would be because they're very unreliable when trying to do anything as-is, and if they were harder to use following these changes, it would completely ruin the Barbarian class if they still didn't proc.

Look, I know that there are plenty of other skills that people want nerfed, but we all need to come together and compromise at this point. You cannot nerf controversial skills to oblivion and not try to balance out the situations instead.

Is this kid still making suggestions ? This guy literally had to ask people for help on skype for the Math question to make an account for EPW forums....

OmegaRa

I've already offered what I considered to be a much more reliable suggestion in regards to Life Hunter. Everything else in my opinion seems a bit too drastic of a change for a decently-functioning mechanic.

Offline eh?

• huh
  • Forever young and always drunk
-1never touch skills

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants

Wonder who abuses the anti spark the most

Tyrants

Wonder who gave them this

Russians

Wonder who complains about this the most

Tyrants

What comes around goes around I guess, losers will forever be losers, I guess.
I guess no I don't.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi