Epic Perfect World

Balancing Skills

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I've been thinking of a few solutions on a few skills that may be beneficial to the server in the long run, and fix some of the problems that we see many complaining about lately.

• Genie Spark
  • ○Ironwood Scarab
  • Life Hunter
  • Mighty Swing
  • Occult Ice

If these won't be removed or seriously tampered with, why not make them less spammable and easy to use?

Here's a few solutions of the top of my head that would make them 100% less annoying (that others have also suggested in the past).

Genie Spark -

Increase the amount of energy needed to cast this skill to 100+ so that it will be a high risk skill to use when not using a vit/mag genie. You'll still have the skill, however in using it you will be seriously crutching yourself in a dexterity genie.

○Ironwood Scarab -

Increase the cooldown/ or Chi usage on ○Ironwood Scarab so that it's impractical to spam constantly for 0 defense proc. In doing so, you will make it so that venomancers will not be limited to spamming 0 defense for kills, and they will be forced to use the other skills they have instead of sticking to this one-skill tactic that we see so constantly in PK.

Life Hunter -

Increase the cooldown of this skill to 6~8 seconds and increase the effect duration. This will solve the "spammable" Life Hunter issue, while still keeping the skill as it is. This suggestion was approved before by Agatio when the thread was made by Seby last year, however it was never implemented.

○Mighty Swing -

Increase the cooldown of this skill, however boost the chance of proc to 90-100%. This will solve the "spammable" paralyze issue, while making it more reliable in the process.

Occult Ice -

Increase the amount of genie energy needed to cast the skill, however boost the chance of proc to 90-100% when at 120 strength. Other servers reduced the duration of the stun, however I felt that it was too much of a nerf to the skill.

The reason that Mighty Swing and Occult Ice should be boosted to 90~100% if these changes were to occur would be because they're very unreliable when trying to do anything as-is, and if they were harder to use following these changes, it would completely ruin the Barbarian class if they still didn't proc.

Look, I know that there are plenty of other skills that people want nerfed, but we all need to come together and compromise at this point. You cannot nerf controversial skills to oblivion and not try to balance out the situations instead.

These are just thoughts of mine, feel free to leave comments below
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2016, 05:33 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
♡ Bellend ♡
I agree, occult ice and mighty swing needs a nerf

-1 to everything else

kitty stew

rofl

so..
nerf 0def (yet again with this idea)
nerf sin skill
nerf wiz genie skill
improve occult
improve barb kd/immobile skill

typical domgrath "nerf everything but barb/aps" thread

Offline UchMadara

• Denniz
  • Characters: UchMadara
  • Faction: Augustine
aga said he wont touch a single skill how hard is it to understand @ goes to all people who complain 

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
-                                                      

Offline kalli90

• ❤🐰🎀🎵❤
  • 🐰The Real Mika!🎀
  • Characters: 🐰🎀❤❤🎹🎹🎶🎼🎵🎵🎹🎀🐰
  • Faction: No Thank U
💋🌸🐰🎀❤❤🎹🎹🎶🎼🎵🎵🎹I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...Edgar Allan Poe.❤❤🎹🎹🎶🎼🎵🎵🎹🎀🌸💋

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
Life Hunter -

Increase the cooldown of this skill to 6~8 seconds and increase the effect duration. This will solve the "spammable" Life Hunter issue, while still keeping the skill as it is. This suggestion was approved before by Agatio when the thread was made by Seby last year, however it was never implemented.
I agree with this one the rest not really crucial just annoying.
Expected it'd be here by now.
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
- because your "nerfs" to occult and mighty are actually improvements.  :rolleyes:

PURGATORY

- because your "nerfs" to occult and mighty are actually improvements.  :rolleyes:
I agree with everything that is said here. Domgrath in his own highness judging biased minded people makes a thread that is the most biased so far, nerfs are laid to every other classes' skills but WB, if anything happens to Ironwood Scarab (I agree with more chi or longer CD) then he might as well boost the proc rate to follow his own logic that he uses on WB skills like hoping to get a boost.

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
- because your "nerfs" to occult and mighty are actually improvements.  :rolleyes:
+++++

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
I think 0d should be 90% proc rate.  :-\

I concur with the following suggestion above.

Offline FateZero Saber

• Retired
  • Retired
  • Characters: Way to many
  • Faction: None
+1 just nerf veno 0pdef skill only ,-1 to the rest

Offline Top50 Genji EU

• Old Player
  • Characters: solo Q to Grand Master