Epic Perfect World

Mixing LA and HA for higher int - Worth it?

Offline Craggan

Awesome post and thanks for the infor Nevyn. This will go a long way when/IF i ever decide to make a sin. Right now my real question is if anyone has done this kind of testing for a BM? mine is level 130 and demon culti. just wondering if I should go for full HA or mix my set for the better aps? If anyone has the time and patience I'd really appreciate some help with that.

Offline DrakeX

• Teleman
Your DMG will be same with both light mix and full heavy. Only difference is 3.33 base, less phys defense/hp and more mag defense or 2.86, more phys defense/hp and less mag defense
Due to claws/fist you anyways have the dex required for light equipment
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2013, 03:00 pm by DrakeX

Offline Craggan

Thanks Drake.. forgot that a BM's damage stat is strength.. guess i know where my 80 unallocated points should be now :P

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
I'd be interested in seeing the stats for Seeker builds. Full HA with Dragon long sword vs HA/LA mix with Dragon dual edges. Guess I'll have to do the math when I'm not going to bed :P Only thing I don't have for testing that is the Dragon long sword.

Offline Slashyy

I'd be interested in seeing the stats for Seeker builds. Full HA with Dragon long sword vs HA/LA mix with Dragon dual edges. Guess I'll have to do the math when I'm not going to bed :P Only thing I don't have for testing that is the Dragon long sword.

no no no no not worth it at all ....... u dont do half the damage u would do with duel edges as u would with long sword + demon seekers = fail xD

Offline DrakeX

• Teleman
Same with BM
You need the dex anyways ... so there wont be a big difference due to the armor. Only from the used weapons and well, that you can calculate on your own xD

Offline torie

I can do screenshots with stats on Seeker:  Full Ha Long Sword  vs. HA Dual Swords vs. Light Wrist and Shoes with Dual Sword.  (later today when I get home)
Can say so much, the damage doesn't change when Ha vs LA wise, so if you're singletragetting and not tanking it's definitely worth it.
(I always carry around all sets mentioned above. HA+Singlesword whenever i am in vortex or aoe much, LA parts+DualSword whenever i kill things 1-on-1. Gv, for example means changing all the time :3)

Offline Areashi

• Banned
It's not worth it, I just use it to troll at times with 56k hp.

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
no no no no not worth it at all ....... u dont do half the damage u would do with duel edges as u would with long sword + demon seekers = fail xD
I never said which cultivation I was. I'm sage.
I tend to use the dual edges most of the time, as they do attack about twice as fast as my r8 long sword, and do almost as much DPH. Yes, I do mix HA/LA for APS, and my current is 2.86.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

I've seen some demon seekers that are awesome.  It's not optimal, but who cares about that if what matters more is how you play?

Not wanting to derail the thread, but as Zion said, she's already 2.86 as sage and she wanted to know if it'd be a viable build for a seeker should one want to go the aps direction.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Certified Aeons

• We only BLOOM in the Swamp of Enemies BLOOD!!
  • Faction: Aeons
Awesome guide. Thanks a lot.    8)

Swordsman PW 1.3.6  : SniPeR [Demon Archer]
Devastation PW 1.3.6  : SniPeR [Demon Archer]
Legendary PW 1.3.6   : [MG]Rain [Demon Wizard]
Emprise PW 1.3.6        : nOnaMe [Demon BladeMaster] 
                                  : [MG]Rain [Sage Wizard]
Vendetta PW 1.3.6      : BLEEDmeUp [Demon BladeMaster]
Epic PW 1.4.6             : Monay [Sage Wizard]

SUBSCRIBE ---> http://www.youtube.com/websurferdj

Offline Serrasalmus

I mix LA and HA my damage is 28699-34696 critical 64% with 3.33aps i think its worth it and im not telling my secrets  :P

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Nice guide! Thanks! :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Nevyn

You guys are very welcome ^^

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline Jim~

There is actually a glitch that have not been fix.. this is long time ago and still works today.. you don`t need a lot of str to gain 3.33 aps (HA/LA mix --- Not r8 since new people can`t afford that yet) ... I have been using this glitch for long time (when r8 recast are not end game)...

So in that case.. ur damage will be higher than LA if u calculated the damage within 5-20secs hits
                                                        ------- For sin classes

In this glitch will remain mysterious :D
Don`t ask me.. i`ll bite .. i swear
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:00 am by Jim~