20 (44.4%)
No.
22 (48.9%)
I don't PV.
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Mages in PV

Offline raykim

No id got 3 images yes its hard in pv but it could be done it helps if u know how much ya  mage can' take with dmg going out or in

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
You guys are too pro for me. I guess every new player will know how to pull and never die in PV and always solo with self buffs and make it to 150 in less than 2 hours.

Actually, like I said in my last post, I had never done PV on PWI, so this was my first time ever doing it.  So this point is invalid.

And I used only self buffs on all the chars I have--the only one I had a SMALL issue with in terms of soloing was my sin because I ran out of money before I was able to get the aoes.  Wiz and archer was fine (in terms of the archer, getting 3rd spark helped out A LOT as well) with just self buffs.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Zaboteur

Yeah. Fun idea. But not a really good one. Think of the damage a seeker could do pulling almost all the mobs. The mage mobs are there to make it a little more difficult and to make you do something.

If you're dying, try smaller groups. Or try out different skills. Or go with a friend. There's other options available.
+1 :>
i can do  this on my sin, so i kinda think this was the point of it. i say remove the mages. pointless having them.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i'm fine with PV the way it is now.. PV is really easy. If you can't do massive pulls be patient and pull just enough mobs.

if other people want changes i guess its fine as long as it doesn't affect the overall aspects of the game.  There's always room for improvement but we also need to check if these new changes will make the game better or worse. 
For me, it's more fun if you worked hard for it. Things can get really boring if they are handed to you on a silver platter.

"It's Not The Destination, It's How You Get There That Really Matters ..."  :P
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."
i'm fine with PV the way it is now.. PV is really easy. If you can't do massive pulls be patient and pull just enough mobs.

if other people want changes i guess its fine as long as it doesn't affect the overall aspects of the game.  There's always room for improvement but we also need to check if these new changes will make the game better or worse. 
For me, it's more fun if you worked hard for it. Things can get really boring if they are handed to you on a silver platter.

"It's Not The Destination, It's How You Get There That Really Matters ..."  :P

well said
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

yunie1

I don't like leveling either. I know this thread isn't about that, but I think that the whole point of a MMORPG isn't JUST leveling. For a lot of people, leveling is a pain in the ass they just want to rush to max level to do something that's called PvP (another side of a MMO just in case you didn't know). It's really frustrating to have dragon gear and not being able to use it because you're not 150 >.<. BUT I don't agree with this thread mages are necesary in PV, for people that LIKE leveling, mages make it a lot more challenging and fun, but for people that DON'T LIKE leveling...well they won't like runing pv either way.
Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012, 04:08 am by yunie1

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
Or you can just cashshop, it's about 37 Super Level Scrolls from 148-150, Cheapcheap.