No.
22 (48.9%)
I don't PV.
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Mages in PV

Offline Reval

• Virgin Barb
It's deliberately made so horribly boring and annoying so you would quickly get pissed of it and just show them the money to save yourself from the agony and horror of doing the same boring idiotic crap over and over just to level. It's either that or beg them for pennies by voting.
I vote for one more bunny that gets you to 150, to hell with this leveling boredom.

THAT'S THE TRILL OF PLAYING RPG GAMES. If your bored while your leveling then your much bored after that

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think they shouldn't be removed, they do give decent xp. Also leveling is very easy as is and there are other alternatives to PV if you don't like it.  Besides the magic mobs have a far, far smaller aggro range than the melee mobs allowing you to easily run right past them most of the time without aggroing anything. IMO it keeps the runs slightly interesting because you actually have to pick a good path as you go.

Offline Astyru

It's just to remove the mages, not all the PV mobs. People want to get to 150 fast, PV is lready boring...mages just make it frustating and annoying, and barely give exp. I don't see the point. Pulling without mages is much easier. Not every class has anti stun. I don't mind the mages...I'm already 150, I just don't want players to get frustrated with PV, that's all. I get so many PM's in game talking about how mages are annoying and how people always die in PV because of them, It's just a small improvement to remove them to make the game better. Please don't vote if you're level 150.

aeon27

Just because someone is 150 doesn't mean they don't level alts in PV. The magic mobs create a bit of a challenge. This is a private server, everything is already easy as hell and making it even MORE easy is just lazy. I mean come on. If you are too bothered to deal with a few stuns/sleeps/freezes, maybe you shouldn't be playing. I'd rather deal with it than go try to level on PWI. This is MUCH faster than leveling on PWI and I can deal with a few mobs freezing me from time to time.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
If you find these mages are making it hard for you to run PV I suggest you don't run right into them, they are easy to avoid with their small aggro range. There are also various genie skills that will let you get  out of immobilises & stuns / avoid them. (Faith, Absolute Domain, fortify, badge of courage, remove paralysis and anti-immobilise skill which name I can't quite remember.)

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
If you find these mages are making it hard for you to run PV I suggest you don't run right into them, they are easy to avoid with their small aggro range. There are also various genie skills that will let you get  out of immobilises & stuns / avoid them. (Faith, Absolute Domain, fortify, badge of courage, remove paralysis and anti-immobilise skill which name I can't quite remember.)

also vac powders if your poor or just want something differant to do you can even farm the herbs yourself and make them like you do on pwi.

As for removing the magic mobs in pv. On magic class's i admit there annoying but magic class's also have range attacks so you can kill them while only agroing a few physical mobs. If people are having trouble maybe they need to do an armor upgrade or grind some mobs until they can get into better armor then go back. removing them would make it way to easy for melee class's as someone already mentioned.

Walid

Hi, I think mages should be removed from PV. Lots of players are dieing from mages...and they're pointless to be there. They are useless exp. If mages were removed, Classes would level up faster, people would enjoy the game more. This is just a minor improvement. Pulling in PV with mages is very frustrating and annoying. They freeze you, and the mobs catch up, and you're dead. Some classes like the barb, can sit through that and tank it. Other classes can't. Please don't flame on this poll, I'm only trying to help new players level up faster, and join the community. TY

No, u r just noob. I am MG and lvled in PV. I reached lvl 150 2-3 days. I did spam in PV :)  U need full buffs from other classes.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
also vac powders if your poor or just want something differant to do you can even farm the herbs yourself and make them like you do on pwi.

As for removing the magic mobs in pv. On magic class's i admit there annoying but magic class's also have range attacks so you can kill them while only agroing a few physical mobs. If people are having trouble maybe they need to do an armor upgrade or grind some mobs until they can get into better armor then go back. removing them would make it way to easy for melee class's as someone already mentioned.
I agree with this =P
I lvled my cleric pretty easily through Pv when I was in my 145's with just my self buffs. Really.. just try not to run into them until you're done with the pull or what ever, and then kill them if you want. ^^

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.
ooooooor maybe all the other classes should be removed from PV (i forgot what this is... probably some pve crap)

mages ftw everyone should have a 150 wiz :>

Offline Slashyy

WARNING EPIC RAGE POST ......................

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH EVERYONE ON HERE WANTING EVERYTHING SPOON FEED, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT IN REMOVING MAGES FROM PV THEY ARE THERE TO MAKE IT CHALLANGING NOT JUST A WALKTHROUGH I MEAN COME  ON NEXT YOU'LL BE WANTING ALL MOBS REMOVED FROM FC SEROUSLY PEOPLE DO COME UP WITH STUPID IDEAS. IF YOURE TOO LAZY TO FARM/GRIND QUIT PLAYING MMORPG GAMES ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAMES >.>
WARNING EPIC RAGE POST ......................

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH EVERYONE ON HERE WANTING EVERYTHING SPOON FEED, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT IN REMOVING MAGES FROM PV THEY ARE THERE TO MAKE IT CHALLANGING NOT JUST A WALKTHROUGH I MEAN COME  ON NEXT YOU'LL BE WANTING ALL MOBS REMOVED FROM FC SEROUSLY PEOPLE DO COME UP WITH STUPID IDEAS. IF YOURE TOO LAZY TO FARM/GRIND QUIT PLAYING MMORPG GAMES ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAMES >.>

first off thanks for the warning....
*gets rage glasses on*
hmmmmm.....
*takes rage glasses off*
*walks behind you*
*hold up sign that reads "MAGE 4 LIFE"*
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Offline Slashyy

but serously tho my main is a 150 psy (wonder_boy may have seen me ;) ) and i lvled through pv with only self buffs and solo (done the same on wiz/mystic and cleric as well as my archer sin bm barb ) yes i died but no need to QQ theres items you buy that make it so u dont lose exp on death :D STOP QQ'ING AND BEEN LAZZY >.>

Offline Astyru

You guys are too pro for me. I guess every new player will know how to pull and never die in PV and always solo with self buffs and make it to 150 in less than 2 hours.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
I leveled 3 magic classes, solo ( squishy as hell ) in pv.  You just have to be smarter than the stunners.  :P

Tali

Run 3 PVs to the best of your ability, and then go spend those EC on Vacuity Powders if they give you so much trouble.  ???