Epic Perfect World

New End Game Rings and Helm?

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Ok, this post (http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=3633.msg35544#msg35544) kinda inspired this idea, so i placed a relevant fragment of the quote it was based on to help give credit where it is due. So some thnaks to Nevyn. But anyways, this started off as an anti-ec-in-boutique post, but evolved into an endgame gear post. Not sure how.  xD
But feel free to take a look and tell me what you think. I'd like positive feed back (but no hating pls, i.e flaming, trolling, or anything else like that) even critism, as long as it's well meant  :)
EC is needed to hone Recast Rank 8 gears, create Warsong Belt mats and Puzzle cubes mats. All this Gear is Endgame stuff, currently you dont get higher in these areas; it is the bees knees. If people were able to 'buy' their way through this aspect of the game then there would be no gear left for them to farm, with the exception of Tomes and the Dominence robe. Of course there are still events, TW quests etc. But the content is too small, and is simply out weighed by the amount of time people spend here farming EC to get the aforementioned gears. But then, what do you expect from a game that is a copy of another game where the start point is at the end of the original game? See what I mean? The GM's need something to keep you hooked, and EC is todays hot topic. Until they introduce something else into the game, It's unlikely they will put EC into the CashShop because they will be giving away too much of what little they have to give away in the first place.
The green highlights are explainations related to this forum on why ec isnt in boutique while the blue highlights are pure and simple facts of the game (Tho actually, ec ISNT for cube and WS adorns. it's jus how most people GET them becaus they are lazy, the truth is, SOMEONE has to farm them for them to even be made available at all. Plus, farming WS is fun if you ask me, everyone should at LEAST try a few rounds of it.) The red however is where the ideas come out. Based on the blue texts, ec is needed for ENDGAME gears like R8 hones and reforges. We have advanced Tomes, Armor, Weapons, Belts, Capes, and Necklaces (two in fact). And thats great  :)
BUT nothing for helms or rings. And i think that something could change that. Recently, two things have happened. The gm's made a wedding necklace, and i got a friendship crystal. Now how does this relate? Simple, the ten day necklace has now made weddings short term. Cheap and spammable. And the crystal is a rare item that takes luck to get and is part of a quest that is totally useless here.   Wedding Rings and a Friendship Helm  :D

The friendship quest is kinda long and complicated, but once you get a crystal, you can do the quest for certain items that get you gear (Link to quest description HERE: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=2135.0). Gear that is total crap here. So instead, we can make the [Long term] reward a powerful defensive helm that gives you a choice, you can get a mag one of phys one. Phys helm will be alot like dragon helm, only with a bit more Hp and 10 def lvl. It will still have phys damage reduction -5%. The magic one will be kinda UNIQUE. It will be like the phys friend helm, only with mag damage reduction INSTEAD. Which of course is unique because no other helm in the game has that bonus (to my knowledge at least). I still want to run the friendship quest personally to see how this all goes down so i can have a better understanding of how and if this will work. I've never been fortunate enough to get one before, tho i've had 4 party members get one.... 2 of them were the same person....  x3

The Wedding Rings will be something for FAITHFULNESS. That way people dont just abuse weddings for the necklace. After 50 or 100 (or if the gm's feelin evil 200 hehehehehe....) days if you've saved up your wedding quest rewards, you can choose EITHER:
1) A defensive phys wedding ring (dragon stats minus accuracy) with +10 def lvls
2) A defensive mag wedding ring (dragon stats minus accuracy) with +10 def lvls
3) An offensive phys wedding ring (dragon stats minus accuracy) with +10 def lvls
4) An offensive mag wedding ring (dragon stats minus accuracy) with +10 def lvls
These rings will be UNTRADABLE BY ANYMEANS (no trade, drop, sell, dropped on death, put in acc stash) but CAN be refined and engraved. You can also only choose one ring at a time too. If you want another, you need to get the neccissary mats again. So make sure you get the right one, otherwise you'll be stuck with a useless ring (tho im sure gm's could get rid of it for you if you ask them to)  >.>

Anyways, those are just some ideas. And no im not giving the friendship idea cause i got a crystal. I really dont care tbh, i just saw it and i remembered back to pwi about how rare those were and how great it would be if they were actually given a purpose here. Also i was thinking we could make alternitive gear with a DIFFERENT KIND of money, like event points. It would encourage people to actually do events. IN FACT, we COULD put ec in the EVENT boutique, that way you cant cash shop it. Just some food for thought  :D

Again im open to feedback and changes, and i wont regard any ideas as stupid, unless you're clearly TRYING to be stupid  :)) If you think anything too long-term, OP'ed, hard, or any kinda changes to gear stats and quest ideas, feel free to put in those ideas, i'd love to hear them. Thank you, and happy holidays, hope you get dozens of puppies this year. Or bunches of bananas if you're a monkey like me.  ^.^
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."
that sound's pretty cool :O
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
thanks  :D
You have any ideas that you think could help improve it? I was also thinking of the possibility of having something morai related  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
I'd honestly prefer it to be 100+ for the cost. Just because then people won't do quicky marriages just for it. They'll actually think about it :P

I do like the idea quite a bit though.

Tali

It's a great idea...now let's get it implemented.  :sad:

Offline mordecai

We should totally do this, and while we're at it give everyone +300 def level and rename the server rotfa.  :-\
not trying to be a complete jackass, but as it is at the moment with the exception of sins the server is pretty balanced. If we throw too many def / attack level into the server itll fail just like DN.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
We should totally do this, and while we're at it give everyone +300 def level and rename the server rotfa.  :-\
not trying to be a complete jackass, but as it is at the moment with the exception of sins the server is pretty balanced. If we throw too many def / attack level into the server itll fail just like DN.
well thats why im making them the way they are. They require some extent of Sacrifice. You can only have one or the other, not both. And in exchange for getting the rings, you LOSE 50% accuracy. Most people dont realize how much that plays a role here. Plus, it wouldnt be easy to get. It would take time, pacience and FAITHFULNESS, which is another point of the rings. Because with these new exp necks, marriage has become something cheap and meaningless, Just a means to an end. Marriage (in game or not) should be something meaningful shared between two people who are willing to be with eachother for better or worse. Its a game, they dont need to be in love, but there should still be SOMETHING between them. It will bring back the signifcance of marriage. Its either that or raise price of wedding boxes to something extreme like 100+ ec  >.>

Still, it's a good point. Tho it wasnt very constructive. If you can think of an alternitive the the atkand def lvl that would make it endgame gear, i would love to hear it though. But pls dont say "this idea sucks" and then walk out the door  :(
Last Edit: Dec 21, 2012, 04:44 am by Auriel
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Zack

very bad idea giving 10 atk/def lvls on each ring? i spent more than 300 golds to get 5 lvls of those and ur giving 20 for 100 or 200 days of questing? that makes all epic engraving on game right now useless lots of ppl would rage plus with all those atk and def lvls added u make faction engraving look like trash cuz it wouldnt make a big difference and they would have to increase it = too powerful characters so...
This is a terrible idea. People are already camping tanking gear for majority of fights and this will only make it worse
Arduous

Offline mordecai

well thats why im making them the way they are. They require some extent of Sacrifice. You can only have one or the other, not both. And in exchange for getting the rings, you LOSE 50% accuracy. Most people dont realize how much that plays a role here. Plus, it wouldnt be easy to get. It would take time, pacience and FAITHFULNESS, which is another point of the rings. Because with these new exp necks, marriage has become something cheap and meaningless, Just a means to an end. Marriage (in game or not) should be something meaningful shared between two people who are willing to be with eachother for better or worse. Its a game, they dont need to be in love, but there should still be SOMETHING between them. It will bring back the signifcance of marriage. Its either that or raise price of wedding boxes to something extreme like 100+ ec  >.>

Still, it's a good point. Tho it wasnt very constructive. If you can think of an alternitive the the atkand def lvl that would make it endgame gear, i would love to hear it though. But pls dont say "this idea sucks" and then walk out the door  :(
Not going to go into the marriage thing but meh, what about magic classes who cant miss? Tbh this is no different then saying lets make level cap 250. No need to fix a server that isn't broken.
This is a terrible idea. People are already camping tanking gear for majority of fights and this will only make it worse

edit: tl;dr  ;D
Arduous

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
ok thank you for the imput guys, i will revise the stats then and see what you all think of it. and yes, i CAN take critism (as long as ur not bein an ass about it, which none of you were)  xD

And honestly, it doesnt have to be atk/def lvls at all, it could be something else that coulds make it endgame material, like something involving slaying/warding lvl, a feature made for pve. If this were implemented, and the instance GMS working on is hard enough, then using something along those lines could be the difference between like and death  :)

It could also be something with huge stat boosts, like mag atk +500 or an additional stat like vit+20. Maybe even the same stats with boosted strength. Things like that. I'll add more as i think of them til then, pls keep giving me feedback, i like to know what you all think  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I will be adding DS neck, new rings and most likely helmet, but the current idea is adding it to the new instance, which would be revamped fb59. The stats of these items will be different than suggested, they will be balanced out. (Adding rings with 10 def levels would be sadly game breaking, imagine someone with two of these rings, it would be 20 def levels more, which would mess up PvP really bad). I know the game well enough and I always believe in my insight when it comes to gear stats, even if I didn't really test it, doing simple math turns out to be the most reliable way  :)