Epic Perfect World

Venomancer pet buff?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
This idea was brought up few times before, but there wasn't full agreement to do any changes to Veno's pets.  Unfortunately we cannot expand the amount of skills that pets can learn and we can't change their effectiveness. However the best solution here would be increasing the amount of HP the pets have, by 100%. But the reason why it was revoked is that Venos are fine as they are and they don't need their pets to be buffed. Also it would be a bit unfair for Mystics since their pets wouldn't be changed. 

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
Agatio, I disagree with you that venos are fine the way they are. 

Speaking from a PvE point of view:
Mystics don't quite depend on their pets like venos do, though. They have more heals, a knockback, and plants for support. Plus their pets are more to support them in attacking, not hold full aggro and live. Some people may say that a veno can just go heavy armor to be just fine, but they are primarily a mage class.

And now PvP:
A fully buffed 150 herc should not be able to be 1 shot killed. Ever. :(

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't think mystics have a reason to complain though. Their pets are already far tankier than veno pets because theirs scale with the character whereas veno pets have fixed stats.

In my experience it takes 2-3 hits to kill a mystic pet (dragon wep, caster), veno pets die in 1 hit with a fully buffed & healed up herc taking 2, sometimes still one if the attacker has an attacklevel weapon.

Mystic pets can be near-instantly resummoned with channeling affecting it. Veno pets require a res first, which is fast, followed by a very slow summon. Once this is done the mystic pets have enough health to survive a hit, the veno ones instantly die if they dont get heals and buffs first (herc only, other pets die instantly anyway).

Offline l7ixil7

Agatio, I fully agreed with the last two posts.  I'm not sure about mystic but our pets are supposed to support us esp during pvp. Imagine, I summoned my herc to attack the wiz, and before it could attack, it was one shotted. Then I tried to summon another pet, but before I could finish summoning my pet, I was attacked. This was just an classic example. Our attack was not as strong as other classes and we still depend on our pets for support and not an burden to us.

Offline Cocor3

If you mean a mass pvp (gang) pet should have like 100k hp to survive a wizard aoe, and I don't think it's wise to heal the pet in a mass pk. + yea I tested a few days ago killing a herc with my 147 sin, I couldn't 1 hit it ,actually, was a pain for me killing the herc, stuned and sealed( note I used focused mind)> well I can be wrong.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
If you mean a mass pvp (gang) pet should have like 100k hp to survive a wizard aoe, and I don't think it's wise to heal the pet in a mass pk. + yea I tested a few days ago killing a herc with my 147 sin, I couldn't 1 hit it ,actually, was a pain for me killing the herc, stuned and sealed( note I used focused mind)> well I can be wrong.

Uh, I can't imagine why you would need focused mind for a herc.
A sin should be able to kill a herc in less than 0.63secs flat.

As for pet hp upping, yes, they need it. It doesn't matter about mystics summon. New classes will always be more op. They have way better skills on their summons anyway.

I guess atk power wouldn't be raised because of armor crush bleed combo, but at least give them more hp/def. Its bad enough how useless veno pets are nowadays (mystic summons having shield, stun, seal) while veno pets only having a 3secs stun which can be only used once in a battle because of the pet being oneshotted.
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 08:21 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN