Epic Perfect World

Venomancer pet buff?

Tali

I was wondering if venomancer pets like the nix and herc would ever get a defence buff? They're pretty much useless now except for that initial stun.

I understand nix's bleed is broken, I'm not asking for an attack buff per se, but they definitely need more defence (I've had someone 1shot my herc and then proceed to ask if it was level 1)

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
and then proceed to ask if it was level 1

:normal-2:

and ye, would be nice for you guys. I don't have a veno, but can 1 shot their pets all the time.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
Unfortanly this is something we always forget, we talk about it, but then something else comes up, and we always let this for the in to do pile.

But i promess as soon as ET is back from his X-mas holidays, to see with him, what can be done about this. Until then remember to bbug me up with it, so i dont forget :)
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Tali

Thanks WT, and yeah, it sucks when a fully buffed 150 herc gets 1shot.  :-[

Offline Savn

• Old Player
  • Trust starts with truth and ends with truth
that would be defently nice o; ... i mean u berly can use ur nix for 1 stunn before it's dead lol i ended upp having 5 nix in my pett bagg <: but it dont rly help mutch xD but yea would't need stopp rezz evry sec but still xD when all dead ur .______________. ahhhhhhhhhhh <:

Antihero

I feel like venomancer pets are always something that gets overlooked on private servers with higher level caps. Not that it applies to me, but I've only been on one server where they were remotely useful in PvP (and it wasn't official).

Tali

I feel like venomancer pets are always something that gets overlooked on private servers with higher level caps. Not that it applies to me, but I've only been on one server where they were remotely useful in PvP (and it wasn't official).

Pretty much. They were amazing in official servers, why couldn't they get a little survivability tweak?
As I said before, bleed is broken, it doesn't get the damage reduction on players, but even a 150 nix still has some nice damage output...just pure definition of glass cannon.

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
you could give them more defense if the pet skill books were available. i think the "rare" ones are for like 10 minutes. probably could put the option to buy them at the flower granny, if they're not already available that is

edit: Mrs. Zoologist..... yeah she has a few. i believe the skill you would be looking for would be the "protect" skill. but she sells them. to find out which skill in particular, go to "teach pet skill" then click the skill tree button. (been awhile since i did any of that, so the info may not be completely accurate)

Offline l7ixil7

Correct me if I'm wrong that some pet skills can only obtain from faction base, provided the guild leader contribute it, which I hope we (venos) can easily obtain just like sage/demon skills. So far I joined couple of guilds and none have it in the vault and guild leaders don't really bother to get for us. These are the skills which can only be obtainable in the vault.

Pet Protection (level 3 Vault) (+180% magic resistance)
Pet Reflection (level 5 Vault) (reflect 80% damage)
Pet Aggressiveness (level 5 Vault) (+35% attack)
Pet Fortitude (level 6 Vault) (+180% physical defense)
Pet Vitality (level 6 Vault) (+35% max health)

Tali

you could give them more defense if the pet skill books were available. i think the "rare" ones are for like 10 minutes. probably could put the option to buy them at the flower granny, if they're not already available that is

edit: Mrs. Zoologist..... yeah she has a few. i believe the skill you would be looking for would be the "protect" skill. but she sells them. to find out which skill in particular, go to "teach pet skill" then click the skill tree button. (been awhile since i did any of that, so the info may not be completely accurate)

Pets still get rolled even fully buffed :/

Offline l7ixil7

Pets still get rolled even fully buffed :/

But I do agreed with Tali that our pets are damn weak and can be easily one-shotted pk.

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
i noticed that the buffs skills herc has dont change the stats and only bramble works, since i start the server i dont have those skills on my veno herc or other pets only the bramble and stun r the ones i use

Offline Cocor3

I don't think it's a good idea:) in 1 vs 1 will be harder to kill a veno:)

Tali

I don't think it's a good idea:) in 1 vs 1 will be harder to kill a veno:)

??? YJ are a pretty easy class to kill already.  :-\

Offline Cocor3

yea if they don't move:)