Epic Perfect World

The escalating price of EC

iDistance

I'm seeing 3.5m-4m.
Ahh okay, my first day on server they were 2M each. now already twice as much.

Tali

Meh, EC are worth more to use than to sell.  :-[

Offline bieme

• <3
  • <3
  • Characters: Bieme - 150 Sage Psy
well time to crash the market im going to need everyones ec.. we must burn them!
Hey everyone i just wanted to let you know i love you all.

Tali

well time to crash the market im going to need everyones ec.. we must burn them!

Offline bieme

• <3
  • <3
  • Characters: Bieme - 150 Sage Psy
That wont due.... Disney.... oh disney... YOU NEED TO BURN THEM
Hey everyone i just wanted to let you know i love you all.

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
LOL, Tali and bieme. I, too, contemplated a run on the EC market, but I still think it's too volatile, and with hinted-at changes in the offing it's probably too risky an investment at the moment.

Offline Slashyy

1 word ......... greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed greed

Tali

lots of spam

Not really greed. I set up my shop buying at even 3 mil a piece and I don't buy out before I wake up in the morning. It's a legitimate problem, that the EC supply isn't meeting demands.

Offline chees01

bieme just sell yourself again, maybe this time u are worth more than 1 EC  :D
Sorry MarieRose made me do this   :rolleyes:
As you were, I was. As I am, you will be.

Offline vaine12

I see the need for EC growing on a daily bases with the R8s and the recrafting.  I know people that go through around 500-800 a week or better just recrafting trying to get better stats.  I made a suggestion before about TT/HH being a viable farming spot for squads.  And it was laughed at saying we have plenty of EC farming spots.

From what I see, there isn't a real viable EC farming spot with the KS'ing at NS and the farming at shrine doesn't really pay off with all the people there.

Yes you can get EC from TT/HH but only 12 a day, that isn't really a sustainable amount for a blooming economy that EPW has received in the last few months.  Alot of people had started coming over increasing the demand for the EC payout.  50EC a GV is fine, but the length of time it takes to get it, is really not a payout.  In that hour you can use a sin to farm PV over and over again and gather the same amount of EC in a matter of minutes compared to the 1:30 to 1:45 or longer.

I tried to bring this up before and was laughed at, but now their are people that actually see that the demand for better instances for more EC farming.

-MagDragon

Tali

Yes you can get EC from TT/HH but only 12 a day, that isn't really a sustainable amount for a blooming economy that EPW has received in the last few months. 
-MagDragon

I really wish they would increase the fairy box amount; 24 ec isn't that much.

Offline vaine12

I really wish they would increase the fairy box amount; 24 ec isn't that much.

Even if they replaced the OHT mats that drop to ECs and lower the drop rate for them, it would help sustain the economy if not help it grow even more.  At the rate the server is demanding EC the prices of EC will triple sooner or later and that will cause failed economy.  There isn't a "real" supply of EC other than GVing 24/7 to get what you want.  So having them drop the ECs it would make the instance not a waste of space anymore.

-MagDragon
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 10:15 pm by vaine12

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Lol, it's amusing me to see an online game that's a private server go through inflation.
>.>

I miss the GM event the GMs used to host where the spawned aggro ass penguins that dropped like 10 ec per mob... Ah, good times.

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
God bless those who must always have the very best ... they make the rest of us rich.

God bless those who drop their old gear instead of npc'ing it. I've managed to put complete Holy's on two of my alts at no cost to myself. And on the last one, somebody had dropped a bunch of fashion that I picked up on the way to the tailor npc, which completely paid for the new shards I put in the dropped Holy gear.

30 EC .... 6 x WQs daily on my alts
36 EC .... 2 x TTs daily on 3 alts (with Fairy Boxes accumulating in my banks)
50 EC .... Avg from Divine quests done daily
15 EC .... 1 x BHs daily on 3 alts
====
131 EC .. Daily

Until level 150 the only equipment I'm updating from starter gear is respective alt's weapons (except for the freebees players have been kind enough to discard).

As for those Fairy Boxes I'm accumulating -- it's like an EC savings account, with really good interest rates (so long as EC prices continue to escalate).

I've been playing this game for only a week and I'm already rolling in ECs. What am I missing?

Well, let me answer my own question. PART of the problem is players leveling up faster than their capability to accumulate wealth. For these people, no amount of new EC-making opportunities will suffice.
Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012, 12:21 am by Solitaira

Antihero

While this may be a virtual world, the real-world concept of supply and demand are still in effect here. The greater the demand is for a particular item, the more the ones selling the item can charge for it. Prices are also higher since the standard currency (gold coins) aren't worth much due to the higher rates. I believe the price of EC may rise to 5-6mil as time goes on, but I doubt it will ever get much higher than that.