Epic Perfect World

Do i need a college degree to be a waiter or a cook?

Offline alex77

I want to be hired as a waiter or a cook but i don't know if i must have a degree in tourism.It's the only job i could find.The other jobs required cv+college degree.I'm not crazy for physics or math so i don't want to advance from my senior year to something worser.I loved sophomore math and junior math but i was never crazy for that senior math.I barely know the cos laws and sin laws.IT is math so i don't think i stand a chance there.I want to earn moneys so that i can buy a new laptop.The employers will hire me for a short time if i have my baccalaureat ?Now i only know british english and i don't know other languages.Is my only chance England?I heard that you win 6,5 pounds+tips per hour.Is that true?

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Yeah that's true dude but accommodation would be very expensive 

Offline alex77

Yeah that's true dude but accommodation would be very expensive
I need more money for accomodation?Even if i have relatives i couldn't afford accomodation?How much money do i need to pay for accomodation?
Can't i cover that with my income?

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Yes, your income would probably cover accommodation - but then what you have left would be barely anything.  

Offline Rukeli

• ♚OC♚
  • Creator of PW

Offline alex77

Yes, your income would probably cover accommodation - but then what you have left would be barely anything.  
You're saying that i will be broke?I have an aunt that lives in Greece and she could help me with my budget but i'm not sure for how long it will last.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
You could find and attend specifficaly waiter/chef classes that once you finish you get a diploma for it so you can work in tourism but I believe taking those classes costs money cuz they train you especially for that.

I think theres something like that here im not entirely sure on how it works or is it a thing in other places but yeah. :-X

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Idk about other countries, but here in Australia,
you don't need a degree to be a waitress.
It's all about experience, but everyone has to start somewhere.
Pay is average, it can just be enough to live off, 
as long as you get enough hours 
(source: I'm a waitress, although I share a house, so I share bills).

As for a cook or chef, they are different things here.
A cook generally doesn't require a degree, usually basic cooking work,
fast food shops, small cafes.
A chef usually needs a hospitality degree or an apprenticeship,
to work in restaurants and more etc.

Weird place to discuss this though.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
Depends what/where basically.
As a waiter you could work anywhere, especially bigger cities - even if we consider UK - that would be Liverpool/Sheffield/Manchester/Leeds. I wouldn't recommend London where prices of accomodation are ridiculous (especially first 4-5 zones).
Other than this you would probably have to rent a room itself only - around 300-400 pound.
Minimal wage would be around 1100 pound per month, so you would have to cover costs of public transport, food and it wouldn't be so bad - lets say 80pound per month, 250 pound for food/other spendings so you would be able to save some money.
In other countries - Greece probably even easier especially during holidays where you have tons of restaurants but they won't pay as good I think, especially after what is/was Greece going through (economy crisis).
I don't know where are you from - UK? If so then you really wouldn't have to move to other countries.
As for a cook - probably experience would be essential (maybe not in places like KFC or Mcdonalds).

I work completely in different occupation but those are just things I've read or heard from friends.

And as it was said - it is better to google such questions you can find much more than here where most people are quite youngish.  :-\

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
win 6.5 per hr? the *** rofl 

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
Phantom companies lmae 

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex
i am not sure about being a waiter, but u do need a college degree in any decent places, unless ofc ur talking about some fast food. If u just finished ur leaving cert and failed maths u will not get into any college unless u wana wish to apply for a private one which costs billions, i am not sure about other country's but u can try to apply for an PLC course in England to keep up with ur studying and work as a part time, pretty surely the school will help u find a job, as for the wages i cant tell about england but i live in ireland and i dont think overall its much different from there, but in here the minimal wages is 6.40 or so if ur under 18 and 7.30  for ur first few months , after which the minimal wages for an experienced worker is 9.15 p/h
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.

Offline QUITTTTTEEDDD

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: \
Well if a person with a college degree, and a person without a college degree apply, the chances of them picking the person with the degree will be higher, even though the degree has nothing to do with the job, it still helps quiet a bit. I honestly suggest you try to finish your security guard licence or become a life guard both pay very well for part time Jobs, and only require 1-3 months to complete. I actually got a job as a waiter earlier this summer, but quit cause it was so hectic. Anyway, good luck with your job search.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
he means all he will do is win, win, win
and kek budget help from greek  
on topic don't be lazy and work harder to have a better life in the future, you don't wanna be working for minimal wage.
I came into this from a US view and am looking at the answers like, wow, maybe it's just the questions or the wording but it sounds so much more complicated than being a waiter here.  :(

Well if a person with a college degree, and a person without a college degree apply, the chances of them picking the person with the degree will be higher, even though the degree has nothing to do with the job, it still helps quiet a bit. I honestly suggest you try to finish your security guard licence or become a life guard both pay very well for part time Jobs, and only require 1-3 months to complete. I actually got a job as a waiter earlier this summer, but quit cause it was so hectic. Anyway, good luck with your job search.
Please tell me you wore an apron thing because I just pictured you in one of those little waiter aprons and it makes you 110% adorable. I will always see that in my head now and not be able to take you seriously, woops.

Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde