Epic Perfect World

An Overcaffinated HA Veno Suggests a Buff

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
I have made this as a joke twice now in the past couple days, but I'm going to give it its own suggestion thread because I want to see what will happen if I do. Please do not -1 without a solid reason, as I do enjoy intelligent conversation over the pros and cons of suggestions like this.

A year ago, there were about three heavy armor Venomancers on the server. I pushed. I advocated. Slowly, we got buffs. Incremental, but now we have more and more people trying it. It's fun, but it's not entirely viable for most people, and for one reason. 

Dragon Heavy Armor is nice, but when is the last time you saw any other character considered "Endgame" with dragon armor on? It's not enough, and I know I sound nuts for this but what if Venomancers had another option. Heavy R8 armor for Venomancers. 

"But Pel, that would give arcanes the option to just wear heavy R8 instead." Strength requirement, ahoy! I recommend somewhere in the 420-425 ballpark, but I could settle with 450. That would be reasonable as well.

"But what about the normal Arcane HA?" Leave it intact. 

"But that would give Venos more flexibility than any other class and you can't do multiple different types of R8" Have you ever played a Blademaster?

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Am I serious? Or am I just posting this as a catalyst to watch people bicker as I so enjoy doing? That is for you to decide. Go ahead. Discuss!
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Edit: Apparently I'm moderated now. Fun fun~

Will try to tone down my general tomfoolery
Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:06 am by Pelnar

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
No
No class should receive beneficial treatment in matter of gears just due to a build
Thats all
There is no need for 1 set f gears to benefit 3 people who dont play the class as it should or atleast in an efficient way
U dont see any other class doing it even tho there are other builds for it
If u want to play a build, play with what resources u got
If u want to be different fine but changing the game to ur liking isnt something most people want :)
Oh btw this would just benefit support wfs since HA armor has higher chance for some rpdt stuff also for 3x ct pieces (yeap!) so a full str wf with 3x ct pieces would walk around -99 in def weap supporting

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
Nah                       

Offline Brewskie

• IsOnTheLoose

No class should receive beneficial treatment in matter of gears just due to a build
Thats all

Umm so EA should get magic ring taken away then if no class should receive beneficial treatment just cuz they need it for a build other then aps

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Oh btw this would just benefit support wfs since HA armor has higher chance for some rpdt stuff also for 3x ct pieces (yeap!) so a full str wf with 3x ct pieces would walk around -99 in def weap supporting
This. This is a valid point. But RPDT on heavy armor isn't as good as RPDT on arcane armor. Considering you have the physical defense from HA, it's less effective than it would be on AA. What would be needed on HA would be RMDT.

Mixing the sets would also be a problem, so there might need to be a way to prevent that.  Well, there would need to be a way to stop that.

As far as "three people playing it", that was a year and change ago. I've actually seen a lot more these days, not sure if I said that clearly enough in the post. But the popularity is growing.

This is why I need feedback. I miss things like this. Partially due to the presently low levels of blood in my caffeine system.

I need more coffee.

Also, hi Seby. Long time, no see! I missed you!

Editing because posts in the meantime:

Umm so EA should get magic ring taken away then if no class should receive beneficial treatment just cuz they need it for a build other then aps
This. Oh, and "Play with the resources you have". I am. And have been. It's fun, really. But if everyone adhered to this advice, Domgrath would never be heard from again and the suggestions forum would go near silent.

Online Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
An archer is one of the classes that people keep complainig about ye
I do not agree with the special treatment that class gets either but is funny tho because without magic rings at this state of server EA gets 1shot by arcanes
While wf's builds atm (support/ct dd) do not require a 3rd wheel
This is like asking for a new bow with 1100 dex requirement that has higher phy atk base to make dph ea viable again 

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Tell that to agatio and archers, lol.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
I make a thread about Venomancers and it gets changed to one about EAs. 

Gotta love the single mindedness, guys. Please don't stray too far from the topic.

Yes, I know you will anyway, but now I can say that I tried.

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
-1   =/

I plan to give minor buff to dragon armor though.

Offline Ti amo

• FINALLY BLUE NAME
  • i don't love much things
  • Characters: Tome
  • Faction: Alon3CowBoy
maybe it's time to remove Demon 0 pdeff and make all veno's use sage Version since a Full Vit Veno that wear the Ascended Dragon Cape &50 vit Can kill a barb Easy with 0 pdeff and still dealing 10k dmg on Nova also idk if genie spark was nerfed wizz can 2 hit anything

also to answer you on that point 
""Dragon Heavy Armor is nice, but when is the last time you saw any other character considered "Endgame" with dragon armor on? It's not enough, and I know I sound nuts for this but what if Venomancers had another option. Heavy R8 armor for Venomancers.""

i can tell you aos WR's and aps barbs are using Dragon set as ""end game""  venomncers are so greedy with all the damn buffs they got and all the OP sht you want to buff this class even more a HA (str veno) can still 1 shot anything with the stupid 0 pdeff and can be tanky as hell lso if you giving Heavy R8 armor to venos they can script to the max now with Heavy R8 and the normal R8 GG what the hell going on your mind nerf veno's plz remove 0pdeff and chi steal and nerf pets then maybe we will think about the HA R8 to venos
Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:54 pm by Ti amo

Sucide Squad Xahila Elitism InTake Bestol and 2 Randoms

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
HA WFs are quite strong vs some classes, and weak against other classes. Like every other class (excluding some)

kitty stew

maybe it's time to remove Demon 0 pdeff and make all veno's use sage Version since a Full Vit Veno that wear the Ascended Dragon Cape &50 vit Can kill a barb Easy with 0 pdeff and still dealing 10k dmg on Nova also idk if genie spark was nerfed wizz can 2 hit anything also to answer you on that point ""Dragon Heavy Armor is nice, but when is the last time you saw any other character considered "Endgame" with dragon armor on? It's not enough, and I know I sound nuts for this but what if Venomancers had another option. Heavy R8 armor for Venomancers."" i can tell you aos WR's and aps barbs are using Dragon set as ""end game"" venomncers are so greedy with all the damn buffs they got and all the OP sht you want to buff this class even more a HA (str veno) can still 1 shot anything with the stupid 0 pdeff and can be tanky as hell lso if you giving Heavy R8 armor to venos they can script to the max now with Heavy R8 and the normal R8 GG what the hell going on your mind nerf veno's plz remove 0pdeff and chi steal and nerf pets then maybe we will think about the HA R8 to venos

you wasted your time writing all that when you could have read Agatio's post earlier saying 0def is going nowhere