• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
best solution would be:

make a custom npc that sells necklaces belts and for a fixed price for example:

puzzle necklace 4500 ec
dragonschild 5000 ec
warsong 7500 ec

and THE BEST SOLUTION to solve the problem with newbies(me) getting ecs/geared would be to MAKE NIGHTSCREAM ISLAND A SAFE ZONE and the crystals droping 2 ecs each
Making a safe zone with 1 shot mobs dropping 2 EC each is a terrible idea for the economy. There's already too much EC in the economy, hence the prices are too high. (no point having EC if it's totally worthless).
On another note, +1 to an NPC selling ornaments, but at a bit more than that as it is a money sink. Maybe 5k/7k/8-9k.

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline oke

nope, would become farm-bot infested
at least the new players will get geared

kitty stew

Not saying everyone should have them; it was to clarify the point that people who have these engraves don't want to sell them, and if they do they charge way too much because the currency has lost its value.
it's also to reflect high demand for things

high price for high demand goods is completely normal, especially if they're not intended to be on every single player

that's why to get such an item, one must farm, cs, or merch better than others who want it

competition.. and the losers are crying about it, which is pretty typical in game and life

Offline oke

There's already too much EC in the economy
then why are you complaining about prices if there are too much ecs 

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
it's also to reflect high demand for things

high price for high demand goods is completely normal, especially if they're not intended to be on every single player

that's why to get such an item, one must farm, cs, or merch better than others who want it

competition.. and the losers are crying about it
I agree, to an extent, that these things should be valuable. They are the ultimate end game gears that only a few people will have. But when I get shown that people have bid 700k/ec on a 3 defence level belt? Really? Go back a year and a 3 def level cube was 50k ec. 3 def belt back then maybe 70k. I see no logic behind charging 10x the price when it's people who botted the EC to begin with, who can buy these. A new player has no hope of catching up at this rate, hence players decline and server dies. 

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
If you go back to my original post, i explain it there. There is too much EC in the economy, but it's not evenly shared about. Nobody stopped and though "let me give this three million ec evenly to everyone". 
It has lost value, hence things cost so much. Adding more EC doesn't fix that.
tl;dr: Read my original post on the thread. 

Offline Lowen

• The Big Stick
  • Characters: Loic
 I'm new here so I don't know crap about the situation  :P but this is interesting to read. In some other MMOs I played, when there's an excess amount of currency in the market and the staffs want to drain  them out to stabilize the economy, they always start a currency-sink event, like a raffle using that kind of currency to get a portion of them out of the circuit.
We can have a raffle using EC, the rewards are mats, forge tickets whatever idk much to really suggest anything but that's my 2¢ .

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
I'm new here so I don't know crap about the situation  :P but this is interesting to read. In some other MMOs I played, when there's an excess amount of currency in the market and the staffs want to drain  them out to stabilize the economy, they always start a currency-sink event, like a raffle using that kind of currency to get a portion of them out of the circuit.
We can have a raffle using EC, the rewards are mats, forge tickets whatever idk much to really suggest anything but that's my 2¢ .
A money sink would help a lot. Or just re-vamping the currency again. 

kitty stew

they're complaining about not enough ec being moved around, that people who -have- the ec are sitting on it -- in real terms think of it as m2 or money velocity (in economic lingo)

of course, there's no real idea of how to get it out of their hands, nor is there any real idea of how to get farmers ec.. the proposed ideas are blow the server up with a new currency system and throw a price ceiling at it, which wouldnt even address the reason why prices on even unengraved shit has gone up

reason:
- more people have more ec, ec saturates market, becomes less valuable
- they still desire specific ornas
- those ornas raise in price as people decide they will pay more
- more people buy unengraved shit to engrave and sell for that higher price
- demand for unengraved goes up, supply goes down, price goes up for unengraved ornas and mats to make them

so how the proposed ideas would help whatsoever is a mystery to me, but then again op has a history of missing the mark

Offline Lowen

• The Big Stick
A money sink would help a lot. Or just re-vamping the currency again.
From my view there isn't really any downside for this, surely the sudden surge in amount of some mats/tickets may devalue some items, forcing people to lower their price to compete with others, ( isn't that what you guys want anyway ?) but as people use them up it'll return back to balance after a while  :P.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
From my view there isn't really any downside for this, surely the sudden surge in amount of some mats/tickets may devalue some items, forcing people to lower their price to compete with others, ( isn't that what you guys want anyway ?) but as people use them up it'll return back to balance after a while  :P.
Sinking money into them would devalue cosmetic items and some WF pets but i don't see a long term lasting damage from it (unless you over load the server with tickets). Then again, would people even want to spend their EC on that when they could just go and buy the tickets anyway when they have millions of EC? 

Offline Korwen

• Frenchy
  • Characters: Korwen
  • Faction: Apollumi
Why are those ornaments not meant to be for every single player ? Everyone wants to be end game geared; I'm not saying that it should be free for all but that elitist point of view has to stop seriously..

Also pw is growing really old I don't think new comers wants to farm 150k ec (or even 700k ec) for some pixel ornaments that might even be deleted in a couple of years.
GET OUTTA MY WAY

Korwen's Store

Offline Lowen

• The Big Stick
Sinking money into them would devalue cosmetic items and some WF pets but i don't see a long term lasting damage from it (unless you over load the server with tickets). Then again, would people even want to spend their EC on that when they could just go and buy the tickets anyway when they have millions of EC?
That's the reward part, i have not played long enough to know which items, not gears, are highly sought for but only come in limited supplies, which items are rare but have been discontinued or can only be obtained by buying them back from another players ( do we even have them in the first place ?) or highly valuable mats, putting them on the raffle would give people some initiative to gamble with the raffle.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
Why are those ornaments not meant to be for every single player ? Everyone wants to be end game geared; I'm not saying that it should be free for all but that elitist point of view has to stop seriously..

Also pw is growing really old I don't think new comers wants to farm 150k ec (or even 700k ec) for some pixel ornaments that might even be deleted in a couple of years.
Consider them as a reward for those willing to put a lot of effort into getting them. If everyone had +4atk and +4 def level ornaments, they become pointless because they balance out and may as well have none of them. That being said, the price for these items over the past few months has become ridiculously stupid. 

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
?
make forge option
70 EC - 1 WWI/ COG

make engrave require new mat
'' Jewelcraftsman's Amulet '' or sht like that
make exchange option
1 Event token - 6 Amulets
ring engrave = 1 amulet
Belt engrave - 6 amulets
why?
people can just do Ares/ Morai / fire legion
not tradeble, people with alts will roll ye but they can also roll now by doing BH daily on many toons or going events anyway
good stats ornaments will still cost high but not as high as now
and u cant say is ''free rerolls'' since it still takes effort and time to get all those
btw in case of an abuser lets say
1 event token is 1 event
right?
lets say fire legion
doing fire legion 100 alts - 100 belt engraves
100 alts fire legion - 2h
100 alts bh - 1h and a half
would kinda be same sht as now just more ways for ppl to engrave
Making EC as engrave option wont work since people dont buy damas with EC either from forge
tbh every forge that lets u exchange EC - item is just a way to cap the item's price
no1 really uses it lol