Epic Perfect World

Idea's to save the economy

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
It's no secret that the economy for a few weeks now has been nothing short of destroyed, with rocketing ornament prices that'll leave players either extremely rich, or extremely broke. This simply cannot continue if we want to sustain this servers popularity.

With CLEAN Puzzle Cubes going for 8K EC..

With CLEAN Dragonscale going for 10K EC..

With CLEAN Warsong Belts going for 20K EC..

There is literally no way that someone who isn't farming constantly (or getting extremely lucky rerolls) to afford these without donation, which is in fact a bad thing since it will seriously limit the amount of new players flowing into the server. It's easier to start up on EPW now than ever, however with these prices continuing to increase with no end in sight, I feel that the appeal of the server is slowly going down the drain.

Perfect Elements were a blessing due to the fact they ultimately save people time and money, however with their addition to the game.. the price of EC has risen due to LESS EC being fluctuated in the economy.

A few nights ago I made a thread about the ornament prices, and there was some pretty decent feedback and anger towards the whole spiking ornament prices, I thought that I should make a thread now to see what idea's the community may have to "fix" this issue that seems to have appeared out of thin air.

Seby's Thoughts :

In order to stop prices going up u need to set a cap

The 30st cap is good but not every1 uses st to make them

For sure it helped those who wanted one for alts and didnt wanna pay outrageous prices

Only way to stop this is to add WWI/cogs at npc for 70 ec each

80x70 = 5600 ec

+ mats = around 7k ec/belt(as it should be)

2.4k + mats = approx 4k for neck

And prices are back down

But then ppl will sell them for lower

As much as id love this to happen idk if it will

I talked about this with a few friends and they also agreed to this. Setting a "set amount of EC' for certain materials would fix some of the issues when it comes to clean-base prices of ornaments. However, that wouldn't really affect Dragonscales' due to the fact that there are less players now, and less DS neck's flowing through the market.

There was a time where DS necks were farmed frequently on NS, however I feel that those times are now over. It's extremely tedious to farm 6000 OBC, however due to the the state of the economy.. Farming 6000 OBC on NS would in return gain you 4K EC due to "Clean DS" being 10K EC now.

If you have any thoughts on how we could fix the economy under it's current crisis, please post.

Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:13 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
Adding more EC, or more ways to farm it, doesn't really help. If you want prices to decrease you need to remove EC. As more EC enters, prices go up as people now have more and can get it a lot easier, thus making them less valuable. Removing EC, makes the EC worth more and as a result, less of it is worth a lot more. 

The problem is, we could make ornaments a fixed price, but people will still sell good engraves at a very high price. An economy only works if ALL players value the currency (EC) equally. If there's too much (such as profits from botting..) then the currency becomes worthless and large quantities are needed in order for people to consider that amount valuable. 

Hyper inflation is occurring currently, if you really want to solve it, create a new currency at a very large exchange rate and then re-vamp how things are farmed, obtained and how we can farm this new currency, hence lowering prices. For example (don't take this example as serious, it's just for demonstration): 5,000 EC = 1 New EC, it now holds much more value than one old EC.

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Adding more EC, or more ways to farm it, doesn't really help. If you want prices to decrease you need to remove EC. As more EC enters, prices go up as people now have more and can get it a lot easier, thus making them less valuable. Removing EC, makes the EC worth more and as a result, less of it is worth a lot more.

The problem is, we could make ornaments a fixed price, but people will still sell good engraves at a very high price. An economy only works if ALL players value the currency (EC) equally. If there's too much (such as profits from botting..) then the currency becomes worthless and large quantities are needed in order for people to consider that amount valuable.

Hyper inflation is occurring currently, if you really want to solve it, create a new currency at a very large exchange rate and then re-vamp how things are farmed, obtained and how we can farm this new currency, hence lowering prices. For example (don't take this example as serious, it's just for demonstration): 5,000 EC = 1 New EC, it now holds much more value than one old EC.
I agree with most of what you said except the last bit. We already HAVE an old currency (OEC) and unless you force people to exchange by reporting everyone who still has EC, no one is going to use the new currency. Also, when the market crashes again from another currency in a year or so, this will be suggested again.

Tbh, remove ways to get EC with bots (shrine of ancestors), set a price for WWIs and COGs at 70 EC in forges. Bump NW ST reward slightly so people can reroll necks/belts more. Prices will drop over time.

I also agree that there's an overabundance of EC in the economy right now and that's why things cost so much. There needs to be an EC sink that people actually want to participate in, like GM events you pay to get in or something (like some fight clubs). Or gambling. Could even make trivial things like Marriage packs cost more EC, etc etc. There just needs to be a way to get rid of all the EC that everyone has hoarded. (Btw, these aren't ideas set in stone, just quick brainstorms thought up on the spot).
Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:56 pm by 𝐸𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓂𝑜

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
I agree with most of what you said except the last bit. We already HAVE an old currency (OEC) and unless you force people to exchange by reporting everyone who still has EC, no one is going to use the new currency. Also, when the market crashes again from another currency in a year or so, this will be suggested again.

Tbh, remove ways to get EC with bots (shrine of ancestors), set a price for WWIs and COGs at 70 EC in forges. Bump NW ST reward slightly so people can reroll necks/belts more. Prices will drop over time.
Only reason I said the last part with yet another new currency, is to force changes, doesn't have to be implemented, i'd just rather see it happen quickly so I can see more PK going on. Even just removing EC methods + buffing ST rewards would cause them to crash. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
Tbh, remove ways to get EC with bots (shrine of ancestors)
This. Make it completely impossible to bot-farm any sort of currency in mass.
Meaning :
Completely remove EC as a reward from PE.
Completely remove EC gain from mobs on main-map (Shrine)

With the surge of russians and burdettes lately, botting has been an issue for a while now, but I don't think that's the major issue here.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
This. Make it completely impossible to bot-farm any sort of currency in mass.
Meaning :
Completely remove EC as a reward from PE.
Completely remove EC gain from mobs on main-map (Shrine)

With the surge of russians and burdettes lately, botting has been an issue for a while now, but I don't think that's the major issue here.
There's too much currency and too few sellers of the items so prices hyper inflated. Remove EC methods, buff ST methods and fix ornament prices to x amount and you'll see everything slowly crash in value. Botting is a big issue because, say someone runs 10 bots to farm EC for their main account and each bot gains a garbage 100 ec/hour, that's still 1k ec in to the game per hour. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
There's too much currency and too few sellers of the items so prices hyper inflated. Remove EC methods, buff ST methods and fix ornament prices to x amount and you'll see everything slowly crash in value. Botting is a big issue because, say someone runs 10 bots to farm EC for their main account and each bot gains a garbage 100 ec/hour, that's still 1k ec in to the game per hour.
Zhake / Toby botted millions of EC and thousands of gold but Agatio did nothing to stop it
Same goes with Burdette / Soochi / and others who botted Trials for millions of dama's before PE was made

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
Zhake / Toby botted millions of EC and thousands of gold but Agatio did nothing to stop it
Same goes with Burdette / Soochi / and others who botted Trials for millions of dama's before PE was made
Hence the suggestion of a new currency with a re-vamped gain system. Once that much currency floods into an economy, it becomes worthless. 

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
I also think Morai should be nerfed. Make it 150+ only and that nerfs it hard as hell for a few people with 100+ alts that they can ezpz level to 140 or 145 (I forget which is the requirement). Then remove or nerf EC gained from it.

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
-1 cuz suggested by someone who has no education in economics lmafe

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Setting any type of strict conversion limit on materials for gear/gear itself, whether they're dama's, PE, cogs, wwi or DS will only hinder the economy further.

The only current limit we have similar to that is for dama's, where you can convert EC into dama's, but the thing is you pay much, much more by doing this than buying from someone else.

These limits work if you want to rise the prices, but they only hurt the situation further if the objective is to lower them.

As for the NS OBC per crystal increase, i'm all up for it but for a different reason. It's suposed to be about farming, a better alternative to Shrine of the Ancestors with the risk of losing it so easily, but the thing is, the only ones you see farming there are pre-150's, the odd full def barb, and the occasional random farming about before ragequitting the instance after dying one or two times.

And that's the issue with the current NS farming, not enough reward for the risk. I hang around there myself and I can ruin someone's 5-10 minutes of work just by 10-15 seconds of PvP, if at much. One time I got around 300 ec in 5 minutes just going against 4-6 others with my friend, killing them (there was ~100 scattered accross three of them), taking the OBC and putting them in bank like a pussy before we kept fighting them.

Along with the NS increase, i'd also suggest an increase to Shrine of the Ancestors since it's a great place for newbs, but that'd obviously only result in more harm than good with bots.

I also think Morai should be nerfed. Make it 150+ only and that nerfs it hard as hell for a few people with 100+ alts that they can ezpz level to 140 or 145 (I forget which is the requirement). Then remove or nerf EC gained from it.
Morai already only gives 1 Event Token and 50 EC that can be sold, the rest is PE (2-5 of'em I think?) 1 Event Token that can be sold (just checked now and it's 1 ET + 5 PE, there isn't any EC at all even). Nerf it anymore and it becomes pointless to do, and there's already a massive shortage of normal players doing it as opposed to farmers.
Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:13 pm by Danidv

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Original suggestion is dumb, agreed, because there's an overflow of EC not a lack thereof.
This is why it's an idea thread.
Alter and make better suggestions than original one.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Setting any type of strict conversion limit on materials for gear/gear itself, whether they're dama's, PE, cogs, wwi or DS will only hinder the economy further.

The only current limit we have similar to that is for dama's, where you can convert EC into dama's, but the thing is you pay much, much more by doing this than buying from someone else.

These limits work if you want to rise the prices, but they only hurt the situation further if the objective is to lower them.

As for the NS OBC per crystal increase, i'm all up for it but for a different reason. It's suposed to be about farming, a better alternative to Shrine of the Ancestors with the risk of losing it so easily, but the thing is, the only ones you see farming there are pre-150's, the odd full def barb, and the occasional random farming about before ragequitting the instance after dying one or two times.

And that's the issue with the current NS farming, not enough reward for the risk. I hang around there myself and I can ruin someone's 5-10 minutes of work just by 10-15 seconds of PvP, if at much. One time I got around 300 ec in 5 minutes just going against 4-6 others with my friend, killing them (there was ~100 scattered accross three of them), taking the OBC and putting them in bank like a pussy before we kept fighting them.

Along with the NS increase, i'd also suggest an increase to Shrine of the Ancestors since it's a great place for newbs, but that'd obviously only result in more harm than good with bots.
Morai already only gives 1 Event Token that can be sold, the rest is PE (2-5 of'em I think?). Nerf it anymore and it becomes pointless to do.
Ah, I thought it still gave EC/ST. (I've been too lazy to do morai event for ages).

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
I don't see you with any bright ideas either.

Ah, I thought it still gave EC/ST. (I've been too lazy to do morai event for ages).
In that case yeah, the reward for that was a bit much for farmers.
Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:19 pm by Danidv

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
150 EC ring engrave 650 EC ornament engrave :normal-1:
i feel like i'm dead