Epic Perfect World

Requesting A Video Guide On How To Install UI Preset

Offline muzaka

As the title says, if anyone in there is free and make a step by step video on how to install a ui preset it would be great.
The reason why I made a request like this is because I already tried to follow the instruction CAREFULLY and yet I get an error.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
First make a backup of the old UI. In case you ever want it back.
Create a new folder on your desktop. name it backupUI or something
Go in your EPW folder > elements.
Find surfaces.pck and interfaces.pck, copy them and paste them in the backupUI folder you just created.
Put that aside, you`ll only need it again if you want the old UI back.

Download the UI
Save it somewhere you'll find it.
Extract with 7-zip or something siimular.
Now copy the surface.pck and interface.pck you just unzipped and paste them in your Epic Perfect World > element folder. (The same folder you copied the backup files from)
It will ask you if you want to replace the old files - say yes.
Close all, start your game as usual, it will do a tiny update that just takes half a minute and its done!

Not a video guide but it might help

Oh yeah if its a russian ui you might have to start it with the elementclient.bat - also  to be found in the element folder
Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:07 pm by Neve

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Made a video, will post on this thread and on my UI guide thread. 

First make a backup of the old UI. In case you ever want it back.
Create a new folder on your desktop. name it backupUI or something
Go in your EPW folder > elements.
Find surfaces.pck and interfaces.pck, copy them and paste them in the backupUI folder you just created.
Put that aside, you`ll only need it again if you want the old UI back.

Download the UI
Save it somewhere you'll find it.
Extract with 7-zip or something siimular.
Now copy the surface.pck and interface.pck you just unzipped and paste them in your Epic Perfect World > element folder. (The same folder you copied the backup files from)
It will ask you if you want to replace the old files - say yes.
Close all, start your game as usual, it will do a tiny update that just takes half a minute and its done!

Not a video guide but it might help

Oh yeah if its a russian ui you might have to start it with the elementclient.bat - also  to be found in the element folder

This is how to do it in text though

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)

Offline muzaka

Thank you so much.
What I did before was when I was done copy and pasting the 2 files in my element folder I used the elementclient application and not the batch one.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Thank you so much.
What I did before was when I was done copy and pasting the 2 files in my element folder I used the elementclient application and not the batch one.
your welcome

Offline Ayleid

• Characters: Nessify, Iorveth
Thank you very much Domgrath. :) Can we keep this thread for future purposes?