Epic Perfect World

S v S+ War Avatar Cards / Red war avatar cards

Offline epicnewbie

I've been away a while but back then S cards were considered the best as far as I remember.  Now people are spamming the sale of these cards with the dark red title name and when I compare was is being sold to the equivalent ones I have equipped the dark red ones are better, usually because they have an extra add-on.

So are these dark red ones the S+.  If so, are S+ better than S - always or sometimes - and did something change to make the S+ better than they used to be.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

(EDIT - thanks very much HeavyDirtySoul)
Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:09 am by epicnewbie

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
If I'm not mistaken, S+ cards (red cards) were originally semi-disabled or something and only used for titles.
However, for balance reasons or to reduce scripting or something to the effect,
S+ were readded as working cards with all rounded stats, so yes, in general they are better.
I think some people still use a couple S cards for full def, but overall, S+ are the preferred set.

Balance related:
* Reworked War Avatar S+ cards! They are now offensive card type with considerable amount of defense. They have also been made tradeable, to make it easier for players to gain them. (S+ cards acquired before patch are still untradeable). Card stats you can check on the bottom of this post

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Galen

As I understand it, the S+ cards on epic used to give the bonus stats (the ones in blue) but not the base stats themselves. As a result, you may have gotten a few extra attack/defense levels, but you would have lost out on all of the base stats, and the lack of max spirit could really be a disadvantage in pvp. Now, the S+ cards have their base stats reenabled, and have extra bonus stats to boot, which essentially makes them the all around go to choice.
If the username starts with Galen, it's probably me.