Epic Perfect World

Sage or demon ?

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Hi person who I don't know.
Your point about mana use would be valid if you didn't have 20k mana and virtually free mana charms. This isnt PWI :P.  I think sage resballs are actually worse xD Your point about verdant shell and purify would be valid for a HA mystic potentially but as arcane your pdef is so low anyway. 10% pdef extra isnt really going to do much for you. You don't need to build into channel or sacrifice anything anyway. All dragon gears are the same the only way you could sacrifice defense for chan was if you were a complete noob and wanted to get a lunar cape instead of a dragon one. Thanks for your thoughts though.

D: Ivy's forgotten already...damn.

Anyways, the resball thing--if we were to think about this server where exp is like stealing candy from a baby, then yeah, sage is inferior.  And personally, I'd take the 10% pdef boost over (I think) evasion when an arcane wearer's evasion is craptastic anyways.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
I was going to reply to this thread but, Nevermind XD
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Scylla

D: Ivy's forgotten already...damn.

Anyways, the resball thing--if we were to think about this server where exp is like stealing candy from a baby, then yeah, sage is inferior.  And personally, I'd take the 10% pdef boost over (I think) evasion when an arcane wearer's evasion is craptastic anyways.

Actually, res balling isn't going to make a huge difference in PvP anyways. It tends to get debuffed, so that doesn't really apply. However, when it ISN'T debuffed, demon resurrect helps so much more, the person comes alive without having their charm tick. Its irreplaceable. In PvE  I'd again much rather have a demon resurrect up on people then sage because exp isn't that hard to farm.

Demon Verdant Shell adds a 20% chance to avoid status effects for 15 seconds, shell only has a 20 second cool down. In PvP, that 20% could be the stun that you avoid to cast Comforting Mist to keep your party alive. The sage p.def increase does help your survival, though, whether you're heavy or arcane. In PvE, sage wins because lets be honest, what mob spams status effects? P
P.S: Your character's evasion doesn't affect demon's buff at all.

Not hating on you or sage, as everyone likes different cultis for different reasons and you're entitled to that. Just correcting some things that I've observed.

Offline denice

• Beginner
You better paste some calculations about those 3%. Or was it written in the sky ?

And there is one better genie skill for aps increase. But it's a secret  :P

If you compare pve vise, than it's no mayor thing. Both ways work fine and nice. Pvp is different. Sage focuses on less hits while spaming skills. Demon goes spark and auto atack - that's why lazy people love it. Sage is better with r9 set, because of the atack/defense lvls added on final dmg.

This is a bad guide to start with.

I love my demon sin but there again i have a good counter partner my husband is sage !!! i get double bonus great sage bp and demon spark.... which tested is still higher then relentless courage. And you cannot combine the genie skill with the spark/ it lowers your aps for last skill used for those that dont know sins. Good skill in between sparks to quickly build chi and keep high aps
haha I am right from choosing for my sin  ^-^
★UCHIHA☆ Leader Recruits
Leader:SaSukeUchiha

Offline Wuyan

• Playing PW since 2008 :)
I agree with most of it.

Offline Ormin

assasin demon cuz got awsome skills only tidal is weaker than sage other skills 100% demon
I'm glad you like demon, but phases won't cover pure numbers
in any accurate skill description googled on the web.
Have several sins, tried both demon and sage,
and finally had to switch two sins from demon to sage.
Thanks for the opinion, but no, thanks.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Barbarian

Sage

the sage squad buffs give more attack and more hp than their demon counterpart. 
This is incorrect, and has been a constant myth since the release of this game. 
Strength of Titans:
-Demon: 40% Weapon Attack for 30 minutes, 5% Crit Rate increase for 1 minute
-Sage: 50% Weapon Attack for 30 minutes.
Beast King's Inspiration:
-Demon: 35% HP boost for 30 minutes, grants chi to entire party.
-Sage: 35% boost for 60 minutes.
Again, THERE IS NO HP DIFFERENCE IN THE BUFFS BETWEEN DEMON AND SAGE BARBS. It is a lie, it is a myth. Sage Barbs do NOT "have more HP than Demon barbs", only when they are in a shapes-hifted form, which is NOT a qualifier for a blanket statement. Just tired of seeing this for the last six years.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

darkfe321

nice necro    

Offline clariska

Just a question.My barb will go sage obviously but if i want to build a HA veno.Would sage be better than Demon.I can rem on official i went HA veno for debuffing barbs in pvp.(only had her on lvl 85 before i quitted)

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Just a question.My barb will go sage obviously but if i want to build a HA veno.Would sage be better than Demon.I can rem on official i went HA veno for debuffing barbs in pvp.(only had her on lvl 85 before i quitted)
I've seen some HA venos but they were made for gags not for serious use. I don't know to give u proper advice for HA venos on this server bcs i never played one. I have demon veno pure mag build with mixed channeling and mag gear. Also i mostly see demon barbs so idk about sage ones.
 If you are new to EpicPW (not PWI) then you should look under guides for general and basic things + a lot of Veno/Barbs tutorials how do make em and what to do. Also theres one for veno pets rly useful. 
Start with this one for leveling http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=40514.0

Offline clariska

I've seen some HA venos but they were made for gags not for serious use. I don't know to give u proper advice for HA venos on this server bcs i never played one. I have demon veno pure mag build with mixed channeling and mag gear. Also i mostly see demon barbs so idk about sage ones.
 If you are new to EpicPW (not PWI) then you should look under guides for general and basic things + a lot of Veno/Barbs tutorials how do make em and what to do. Also theres one for veno pets rly useful.
Start with this one for leveling http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=40514.0
ty busy going through the guide already ;) back when i played my HA veno took a barb in a 1v1 quite easily not sure how the toons changed on EPIC but purge basically makes veno's so stronk vs melee heroes.Draw back short range and weak mag def(easy to kite and not enough magic to keep pets alive) atm wizzy's will hurt sooo much :'( Sage barbs are more tanking if i can remember correct will most prob make both and do some testing.