Epic Perfect World

Scripting....

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Maybe its in off topic because he was seeking a discussion, rather than an actual vote/suggestion thread.

No one is going to search and read every thread and every reply with the keyword "script" in it.
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=33121.msg500220;topicseen#new
on the front page..
Pretty much what Nydale said... There are plenty threads about scripting where he can seek the discussions he was looking for.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
Pretty much what Nydale said... There are plenty threads about scripting where he can seek the discussions he was looking for.
GM asked how to block it, nobody had an answer. Discussion over I think.

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=33121.msg500220;topicseen#new on the front page..
So you necro bumped a 3 month old thread 3 hours after this thread was made?

Dang, that changes EVERYTHING :rolleyes:

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
So you necro bumped a 3 month old thread 3 hours after this thread was made?

Dang, that changes EVERYTHING :rolleyes:
Yes it does  :police: :police: Read it though. GM asked how to ban. I'm sure you all have the answers with so many threads about it.  :police:

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Yes it does :police: :police: Read it though. GM asked how to ban. I'm sure you all have the answers with so many threads about it. :police:
No, it changes nothing. You bumped a thread 3 months old, that means it was pages behind the "first page" you're bragging about it being on now, before this thread was made. Because you necro bumped it AFTER this was made.

In what I can only assume was a futile way to prove your point despite the fact that your point is muddled and falsified. Making script bannable is not the only way to make scripts not viable.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
No, it changes nothing. You bumped a thread 3 months old, that means it was pages behind the "first page" you're bragging about it being on now, before this thread was made. Because you necro bumped it AFTER this was made.

In what I can only assume was a futile way to prove your point. Making script bannable is not the only way to make scripts not viable.
You are seriously becoming Goldenwishes v2 LOL.

Anyway, guys learn using http://prntscr.com/b25v0t. Its really helpful.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.

In what I can only assume was a futile way to prove your point despite the fact that your point is muddled and falsified. Making script bannable is not the only way to make scripts not viable.
I think you should calm  :police: GM clearly asking how to handle it and nobody has anything solid. Point is there's thousands of threads about it, if anyone knew, it'd be stopped.  :police: :police:

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
You are seriously becoming Goldenwishes v2 LOL. Anyway, guys learn using http://prntscr.com/b25v0t. Its really helpful.
[size={defaultattr}]
I'm goldenwishes for pointing out he bumped a thread which hasnt been posted in for 3 months? Bumped AFTER this thread was made, to prove that he should have went to talk in that thread instead? Okay. :police: Necro bumping 3 month old threads doesn't get you a discussion. It gets 10 people saying "why are you necro'ing a 3 month old thread" and a free lock.
[/size]
I think you should calm :police: GM clearly asking how to handle it and nobody has anything solid. Point is there's thousands of threads about it, if anyone knew, it'd be stopped. :police: :police:
[size={defaultattr}]
I'm completely calm, pointing out that you bumped the thread you're referencing after this thread was already posted takes 2 simple assets to realize. They're called eyeballs. There are cut and dry simple solutions. It's not because it's impossible to implement, it's because it requires a slight effort and may upset a few scripters if they became nonfactor again, that's the reason nothing has been done.[/size]

Offline BriEsT

• Don
 Another one? xd

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
[size={defaultattr}]
I'm goldenwishes for pointing out he bumped a thread which hasnt been posted in for 3 months? Bumped AFTER this thread was made, to prove that he should have went to talk in that thread instead? Okay. :police: Necro bumping 3 month old threads doesn't get you a discussion. It gets 10 people saying "why are you necro'ing a 3 month old thread" and a free lock.
[/size][size={defaultattr}]
I'm completely calm, pointing out that you bumped the thread you're referencing after this thread was already posted takes 2 simple assets to realize. They're called eyeballs. There are cut and dry simple solutions. It's not because it's impossible to implement, it's because it requires a slight effort and may upset a few scripters if they became nonfactor again, that's the reason nothing has been done.[/size]
Yet every thread made says there's a block available from other servers. If it requires effort, tell them how to. I'm sure they're just as tired of the QQ  :police: The thread wasn't a way of saying "leloeloeleoeleolel use this thread baddies" it was the fact it has been made a million times. 
http://prnt.sc/b25v0t
:police: :police:

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
I think you should calm  :police: GM clearly asking how to handle it and nobody has anything solid. Point is there's thousands of threads about it, if anyone knew, it'd be stopped.  :police: :police:
Its not just about preventing script, but the attitude towards it. You could position yourself saying its forbidden and not let ppl post guides on forum. Or ban any1 seen with it. 
No way to prevent it? Maybe not absolutely but banning people who clearly use them in videos, etc. would be a start. It would at least show the developer and gms are against scripting. Atm it seems like they are totally fine with it. Saying there is no way of fighting script is a bad excuse for not wanting unhappy donators. 
You will maybe never delete script but lower the rate, and position yourself against the use of it would be a start and it maybe wouldnt have become as far it is today ;).

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Yet every thread made says there's a block available from other servers. If it requires effort, tell them how to. I'm sure they're just as tired of the QQ :police: The thread wasn't a way of saying "leloeloeleoeleolel use this thread baddies" it was the fact it has been made a million times. http://prnt.sc/b25v0t :police: :police:
Sure, I can tell you how right now. Dragon armor. Bye scripting.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
Its not just about preventing script, but the attitude towards it. You could position yourself saying its forbidden and not let ppl post guides on forum. Or ban any1 seen with it.
No way to prevent it? Maybe not absolutely but banning people who clearly use them in videos, etc. would be a start. It would at least show the developer and gms are against scripting. Atm it seems like they are totally fine with it. Saying there is no way of fighting script is a bad excuse for not wanting unhappy donators.
You will maybe never delete script but lower the rate, and position yourself against the use of it would be a start and it maybe wouldnt have become as far it is today ;).
And i can agree but also consider: they go ban every video maker with a script shown (good thing in our view). GM then receives huge complaints that "everyone else with a script is unpunished and we're being victimized". Further QQ begins and public content of the site dies down, killing server further. 
While it may seem black and white, social dynamics will always be an issue; and i'll probably get much "leoleoele baddies earned it"  from a million scripters. If there's no clear cut method they can use, there's not much they can do. 

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Banning people scripting in videos would be a start... ;)
But thats none of my business... :rolleyes:
Then you'd legit get rid of all the pvp that way, don't think it's the best of ideas since for the most part a lot of marshals make videos. No marshals=no pvp. 

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
And i can agree but also consider: they go ban every video maker with a script shown (good thing in our view). GM then receives huge complaints that "everyone else with a script is unpunished and we're being victimized". Further QQ begins and public content of the site dies down, killing server further.
While it may seem black and white, social dynamics will always be an issue; and i'll probably get much "leoleoele baddies earned it"  from a million scripters. If there's no clear cut method they can use, there's not much they can do.
Yes thats what i meant with not making donators unhappy. But i think we both know those making script videos are not the ones leaving server cause of a small ban ;).
Server is on a downfall anyways so not like they keep the people the way it is atm. As i said its just an excuse because people are scared to face it