Epic Perfect World

20 minute notice for playoffs on forums.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
w...what
*Nice contribution to your own post!

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
*Nice contribution to your own post!
she quote me as if i said nothing

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
she quote me as if i said nothing
You still didn't say anything in that post. I kinda don't understand why you did either, unless you were just bumping the idea. If you were, it was good idea. You are veri smart ma'am. 

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
You still didn't say anything in that post. I kinda don't understand why you did either, unless you were just bumping the idea. If you were, it was good idea. You are veri smart ma'am.
...yes im just showing the quote cuz he keeps asking for a way to get playoffs notification i already explained it

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
I need personal voicemail from agatio before any playoffs is hosted. Now that I think of it I kinda miss it too. PM me agatio.

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
3 years ago i had to deal with 10minutes notification it would be unfair for me and whoever waited 10minutes like me -1 sorry

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary
Gm pls send me text msg when u host playoffs
send me mail pigeon gm please
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

PURGATORY

send me mail pigeon gm please
mail me a message in a bottle  :-\

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary
mail me a message in a bottle  :-\
send me morse code for playoffs man
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I want to open the
"PLAYOFFS LINE"
This will be made of 100delivery boys spread across world that will knock at ur door and tell u 20mins before playoffs that is gonna be hosted
With a "small" loan of 1mil $ we can make this happen!

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Smoke messages are the optimal playoff warning tbh.

"it's time for the tournament...light the signals."

Offline Deathpuddle

• Sin With A Mouth
  • It's like riding a bike or severe childhood trauma, you never really lose it.
  • Characters: Deadpool
  • Faction: Ass4Hire
Or you could just be on more often like the other players and just happen to be on when it happens? <3 Playoffs aren't a necessary part of the game. You are okay, and +1 to 20 minute forum notice.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I'd only dislike a 20 minute warning because if someone had logged in prior to the message (in-game, not a lot of the community uses the forums tbh) they wouldn't know a Playoffs is coming, and since 20 minutes is a bit more significant than 10 minutes, they might start GV, etc just to see the PM me now message and miss it.

The reason that playoffs has the "same people" each time is because they're hosted around the same times, every day. With that being said, it makes it easy for someone like myself, Mizore, and others to attend daily. 

Ex-GM Tonika did an experiment once (after Playoffs became ridiculous and had the same bracket for a few weeks) and didn't have a warning, picked a random time during the day and hosted the Playoffs. Guess what? It was mostly people who had never had the opportunity to attend them before, and it was actually pretty damn fun.

I'm completely against the narrative that 1v1 Playoffs should be more a registration type event (Where you have to be monitoring the forums actively) in order to know when they're being hosted, this excludes a large amount of the community, and honestly a lot can happen in 20 minutes. 

My suggestion? Keep it as it currently is, but have the event more random so that people who aren't in the "top 16" can have a chance to attend. 

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

Nice Interstellar reference. 

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
I'd only dislike a 20 minute warning because if someone had logged in prior to the message (in-game, not a lot of the community uses the forums tbh) they wouldn't know a Playoffs is coming, and since 20 minutes is a bit more significant than 10 minutes, they might start GV, etc just to see the PM me now message and miss it. The reason that playoffs has the "same people" each time is because they're hosted around the same times, every day. With that being said, it makes it easy for someone like myself, Mizore, and others to attend daily. Ex-GM Tonika did an experiment once (after Playoffs became ridiculous and had the same bracket for a few weeks) and didn't have a warning, picked a random time during the day and hosted the Playoffs. Guess what? It was mostly people who had never had the opportunity to attend them before, and it was actually pretty damn fun. I'm completely against the narrative that 1v1 Playoffs should be more a registration type event (Where you have to be monitoring the forums actively) in order to know when they're being hosted, this excludes a large amount of the community, and honestly a lot can happen in 20 minutes. My suggestion? Keep it as it currently is, but have the event more random so that people who aren't in the "top 16" can have a chance to attend.

Players like me? I'm not even a playoffs bracket destroyer. I've ATTENDED less playoffs than you've WON. Why am I getting lumped into the old gear player group, I'm one of the new ones who can't manage to get in.

You should know as a playoff and EPW veteran that red chat gets chatted in game at the time of the forum warning, and often times there are even part way reminders for example. A red chat warning at 20 minutes and a red chat warning again at 10 minutes as a reminder. I remember the first playoffs red chat I saw, I went to check the forums to read the rules like the red chat said before the event and when I came back I couldn't even join anymore lmao.

10 minutes extra warning will not make the event a "registration type event" Frankly your logic in that aspect confuses me, I can't see how you could possibly think that 10 minutes further warning would assemble the avengers/oldies. Furthermore however, if you actually take a look at the rosters of events WITH registration and advanced warning time you will see that most of the "Old geared" playoff players aren't even on the lists.

Out of all of the forum posted events it has the SHORTEST warning, and I stick to my guns in saying that if you're doing or planning on doing literally ANYTHING with over a 10 minute commitment when the red chat pops up, you're left with a pretty lame choice because of the short warning. And it is only those "old geared players" who are willing to drop everything on such notice to give the event a shot.

I don't think that joe blow who's in the middle of a GV want's to bother leaving on wave 4 to go die to burdette. It's made accessible only to those who prioritize the event over anything else in-game.