Epic Perfect World

20 minute notice for playoffs on forums.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Playoffs its an event already full of old geared people that new people have 0chance

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
LOL, No. The entire point of using my PHONE to refresh the page is I can do it while I'm not on the computer, doing literally anything else. But because I'm not on my computer 24/7 it makes it hard to join the events I enjoy, due to the short notice.

No need to project on me, silly mexican.

Are you forrealsies trying to brag that you no life another "way better" game? >__>

If you have any more unrelated posts you may feel free to post them, but I'll be asking for thread cleanings from here on out.
Actually its games  :police:  but eyy keep being a tryhard m8 was just trying to help and you are being rude *cries*
PS: you called me mexican i feel offended so racist 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Playoffs its an event already full of old geared people that new people have 0chance
agreed 

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Playoffs its an event already full of old geared people that new people have 0chance -1
And how would this suggestion affect that number of old players in the slightest? As it stands, it seems to be as you say, the same old players, with the same top 3, as I said in my initial post, please actually check the recent playoffs roster for the past few weeks.

If that's how it already is, how will 10 minutes make it more of a problem? Multiple other events have HOURS of forewarning, do you see those events ruled by the same people with the same attendees? No, just look at the rosters for the 2vs2 events.

http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=23076.50

There is a ton of diversity and different teams because players have time to actually prepare for the event, and to make sure in advance that they have the time to join and participate in the entire event. With 10 minutes warning you have to shut down whatever you're doing, or may have been planning to do, to join the event.

You can't finish what instance you're in, I've been in GV's I've had to abandon to join the event. There is simply no if's and's or but's. You drop what you're doing, if you were lucky enough to see the 10 minute warning. And you go do that instead.

And this is the event we see exclusively attended by "the same old players" Not the ones with the earlier warnings.

Edit:

agreed
Please describe in detail, how 10 extra minutes will negatively affect that problem. It's already a problem that every single other event with extended notices doesn't deal with. It is obvious that players with gear and skill will make the top 3, but making it exclusively available to those same people due to the warning time, does half the work for them by securing their lack of new competition.
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016, 02:28 am by Mizore

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
I'm not sure if this still happens, but for a long time, playoffs were held at the same exact time every night. Everyone knew what time playoffs would be and logged on for it. Yet, there were still the same people joining over and over again. Why? These people would sit and camp the GM's name and have it down to the second the GM announced the event.

What I am saying is that it doesn't matter how much forewarning is given. Everyone can know exactly what time the event will be held, down to the minute, every day, and still the same people will show.

A lot of players join Playoffs for their first time and see it as a bad experience because 1) they may not be as geared as the normal playoff people, 2) don't understand the rules, 3) don't understand the difference of 1v1 in playoffs vs 1v1 in normal world, or 4) get nervous from the spotlight moment playoffs give. They then decide to never join playoffs again because of this bad experience. A while ago, I was one of these people.

I do not think the 20 minute notice on forums would harm anything though. It may make a difference if other people log on and plan to camp the GM's name like the normal players.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
I'm not sure if this still happens, but for a long time, playoffs were held at the same exact time every night. Everyone knew what time playoffs would be and logged on for it. Yet, there were still the same people joining over and over again. Why? These people would sit and camp the GM's name and have it down to the second the GM announced the event. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter how much forewarning is given. Everyone can know exactly what time the event will be held, down to the minute, every day, and still the same people will show. A lot of players join Playoffs for their first time and see it as a bad experience because 1) they may not be as geared as the normal playoff people, 2) don't understand the rules, 3) don't understand the difference of 1v1 in playoffs vs 1v1 in normal world, or 4) get nervous from the spotlight moment playoffs give. They then decide to never join playoffs again because of this bad experience. A while ago, I was one of these people. I do not think the 20 minute notice on forums would harm anything though. It may make a difference if other people log on and plan to camp the GM's name like the normal players.

If you can predict which GM is going to host on which day, the time will not be exact but you can usually guess when it will be hosted within 2 hours. During those hours you need to keep your eye on red chat and not afk for too long or start any instances. It is hard to guess which GM will host that day, Furthermore their times are not absolute, and will occasionally host different events before playoffs changing the times for the day. Forcing you into a longer state of not joining instances that you will have to leave on a 10 minute warning. (It's not very nice to join a GV and ditch on wave 4 lol.)

It's sometimes very demoralizing to log in during the regular hosted playoff hours to try and get in because if they're delayed or not hosted at that time then you're left in a weird half afkish state, because you can't do anything with a longer than 10 minute commitment in case the red chat pops up.

Or in some cases you miss say ET's early morning playoffs so you don't bother refreshing forums as often in the night time and you realize you missed dreams evening playoffs which are sometimes hosted on the same day, but not often.

I am one of the new players trying to get into playoffs, and I can't manage to get in because the system for joining lacks sufficient warning time.

You need to drop whatever you're doing (IRL or in game.) You need to log in (If you saw the forum post.) , make your blessing, check your pots, ect and get that message gun loaded in that 10 minutes all AFTER you notice the warning on forums or else you're not getting in.

It's a very tight time frame if you're not on at the exact proper time(Which is hard to do even with educated prediction), or if you are currently engaged in something that takes longer than 10 minutes. And because of that, it can become more trouble than it's worth to go and die to the "old players" Which I believe is part of why the event lacks diversity.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member

If you can predict which GM is going to host on which day, the time will not be exact but you can usually guess when it will be hosted within 2 hours. During those hours you need to keep your eye on red chat and not afk for too long or start any instances. It is hard to guess which GM will host that day, Furthermore their times are not absolute, and will occasionally host different events before playoffs changing the times for the day. Forcing you into a longer state of not joining instances that you will have to leave on a 10 minute warning. (It's not very nice to join a GV and ditch on wave 4 lol.)

It's sometimes very demoralizing to log in during the regular hosted playoff hours to try and get in because if they're delayed or not hosted at that time then you're left in a weird half afkish state, because you can't do anything with a longer than 10 minute commitment in case the red chat pops up.

Or in some cases you miss say ET's early morning playoffs so you don't bother refreshing forums as often in the night time and you realize you missed dreams evening playoffs which are sometimes hosted on the same day, but not often.

I am one of the new players trying to get into playoffs, and I can't manage to get in because the system for joining lacks sufficient warning time.
You need to drop whatever you're doing (IRL or in game.) You need to log in (If you saw the forum post.) , make your blessing, check your pots, ect and get that message gun loaded in that 10 minutes all AFTER you notice the warning on forums or else you're not getting in.

It's a very tight time frame if you're not on at the exact proper time(Which is hard to do even with educated prediction), or if you are currently engaged in something that takes longer than 10 minutes. And because of that, it can become more trouble than it's worth to go and die to the "old players" Which I believe is part of why the event lacks diversity.

No I was saying that the event used to be held at exactly 3:00 Server Time almost every single day. It was not often it was delayed by even a minute. The same thing was still happening.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
No I was saying that the event used to be held at exactly 3:00 Server Time almost every single day. It was not often it was delayed by even a minute. The same thing was still happening.
I know , but you said you weren't sure if it was still that way it was hosted. So I thought I would describe the current system to you.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
I know , but you said you weren't sure if it was still that way it was hosted. So I thought I would describe the current system to you.

Gotcha. Well I don't see any harm with the notice on forums. Yet if you are busy doing GV or whatever, I doubt you would constantly check forums for that initial heads up anyways.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Gotcha. Well I don't see any harm with the notice on forums. Yet if you are busy doing GV or whatever, I doubt you would constantly check forums for that initial heads up anyways.
If you're in-game, you get a red chat warning at the same time the forums gets its warning. The forum warning is for people not in-game or not paying attention to their client.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
If you're in-game, you get a red chat warning at the same time the forums gets its warning. The forum warning is for people not in-game or not paying attention to their client.

So maybe just extended the notice time to 20 minutes, have red chat warning at 20 and 10 minutes, and have an announcement page open whenever before that?

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
put it so you get email notification if there is new post in playoffs thread

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Gm pls send me text msg when u host playoffs

Offline ϟ

• Support Member

Nice contribution!

Gm pls send me text msg when u host playoffs

Yes ok what is your cell phone carrier? You will receive a reminder text message 24 hours prior to your appointment.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator