Epic Perfect World

Im gonna start playing this game i got some questions

Offline Ruso

• Watch yo step kid
  • Hear Me Roar!
  • Characters: AdolfTrump
hey guys i was just wondering how hard is it to level here?
and how much time would it take me to get geared and ready to pk ?
also I want to play either VENO or EA which do you recommend (more op) and which is more fun

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
hey guys i was just wondering how hard is it to level here?
and how much time would it take me to get geared and ready to pk ?
also I want to play either VENO or EA which do you recommend (more op) and which is more fun
Not too hard to level here. When you start game, you're basically instantly 110 after killing bunnies. From there, you'll farm Phoenix Valley or buy level scrolls with vote gold. It shouldn't take you too long to level, it usually takes me about 3 days if I'm feeling lazy.
Getting geared is another story, at 150, you'll get your dragon gear (there are guides on forums for each set of gears from 110-150). Dragon gear is just your temporary gear until you are able to get 200k reputation and your r8r. "Geared" and "ready to pk" are very different here. Most people have 2-3 sets of r8r, sometimes 4 for PK. The below average "ready to PK" sets are an attack set and a defense set.
Not gonna sugarcoat it, gearing is kinda ridiculous on this server due to the new meta being scripting entire sets in and out of your inventory without delay. However, it was recently made slightly easier with the implementation of Perfect Elements, which are 1 reroll each.
Also that doesn't include the 12 runs of Lunar TM that you have to run for your Trophy Mode cape and the Nation Wars (or Lunar TM) that you need to run for Supply Tokens to turn that into an Ascended TM cape.

Note that gearing here is only ridiculous to those that play here. It is a thousand times easier than official and pretty relaxed when it comes to farming -- nothing too impossible.

I'd recommend EA if you plan to mass PK, veno if you plan to 1v1.
Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016, 03:30 pm by 𝐸𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓂𝑜

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
What Eskimo said.

I agree with her. lvling is pretty easy. I would recomend you to play veno instead. getting used to Archer can be hard and the advantage of veno is that you can purge and the outdamage is quite high. and you can pk with dragon gear, you just have to be good.

As for the gear i dont think its hard to get anymore, Agatio recently implemented Perfect elements system ( You can check on the first patch notes- main screen). You can get a decent amount if you do GV only. Getting PE is not the issue, nor getting the gear. but you may be required to be patient on your way

Offline LinLin

• ?
  • Characters: ...
  • Faction: ...
A more important question you forgot to ask is how is the lag. This server is supposedly based in France. If you are playing from an NA connection you will lag pretty bad over 300ms to 7000ms on a good connection. At this point, I am not so sure who actually owns Epic as they have not even made an attempt to find a better host for EU/NA and SA players.

The version of PWI they are utilizing is a total resource hog aswell. Since I have been here I have experienced quite a few disconnections and alot of lag spikes during mass pk. Of course this can be fixed but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Other than these major problems which I pointed out (I forgot to mention the scripting but you'll soon figure that out) this server is actually pretty ok in which I rate it an 80% out of 100% above average. It is fairly easy to level and gear up here. EA is a trash class and veno got a bad hair cut. I suggest making an assassin first.
Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016, 03:56 pm by LinLin

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
A more important question you forgot to ask is how is the lag. This server is supposedly based in France. If you are playing from an NA connection you will lag pretty bad over 300ms to 7000ms on a good connection. At this point, I am not so sure who actually owns Epic as they have not even made an attempt to find a better host for NA and SA players.
I'm in NA and I never lag that bad. 

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Not too hard to level here. When you start game, you're basically instantly 110 after killing bunnies. From there, you'll farm Phoenix Valley or buy level scrolls with vote gold. It shouldn't take you too long to level, it usually takes me about 3 days if I'm feeling lazy. Getting geared is another story, at 150, you'll get your dragon gear (there are guides on forums for each set of gears from 110-150). Dragon gear is just your temporary gear until you are able to get 200k reputation and your r8r. "Geared" and "ready to pk" are very different here. Most people have 2-3 sets of r8r, sometimes 4 for PK. The below average "ready to PK" sets are an attack set and a defense set. Not gonna sugarcoat it, gearing is kinda ridiculous on this server due to the new meta being scripting entire sets in and out of your inventory without delay. However, it was recently made slightly easier with the implementation of Perfect Elements, which are 1 reroll each. Also that doesn't include the 12 runs of Lunar TM that you have to run for your Trophy Mode cape and the Nation Wars (or Lunar TM) that you need to run for Supply Tokens to turn that into an Ascended TM cape. Note that gearing here is only ridiculous to those that play here. It is a thousand times easier than official and pretty relaxed when it comes to farming -- nothing too impossible. I'd recommend EA if you plan to mass PK, veno if you plan to 1v1.

Couldnt word it better if I tried. EA is also better for 1vs1overall than veno but only if you reach gear perfection. -9 channel on your r8 with def set and script. You can start pk and be useful on veno earlier and easier. Also you get pets that are virtually unkillable vs some classes.(Very possible to max gear an archer and a lot of archers have, just very time and or money consuming.)

Also, because you are new i'm going to assume you don't know what scripting is.

http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=33134.0

This is scripting, and without it you are instantly half as useful than even the worst monkey with script.

Because armor swapping is such a big deal, in order to PK you are going to need to install a 3rd party program to swap your armor quickly for you, like everyone else does. Or else in situations where everyone else will have lived because they pressed x and went full defense, you'll have only put on 3 pieces of armor and died already.

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex

Couldnt word it better if I tried. EA is also better for 1vs1overall than veno but only if you reach gear perfection. -9 channel on your r8 with def set and script. You can start pk and be useful on veno earlier and easier. Also you get pets that are virtually unkillable vs some classes.(Very possible to max gear an archer and a lot of archers have, just very time and or money consuming.)

Also, because you are new i'm going to assume you don't know what scripting is.

http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=33134.0

This is scripting, and without it you are instantly half as useful than even the worst monkey with script.

Because armor swapping is such a big deal, in order to PK you are going to need to install a 3rd party program to swap your armor quickly for you, like everyone else does. Or else in situations where everyone else will have lived because they pressed x and went full defense, you'll have only put on 3 pieces of armor and died already.
did u srs just linked him a guide to script.....
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
did u srs just linked him a guide to script.....
Of course I did? He is going to need to know about it eventually, and it helps you understand how much armor you're going to need to farm. 

Script is officially approved/the current meta. Since this is something that does not apply to most PW servers I think its only fair that he knows from the get go.

Its good for him to know this now, rather than to join the server, get 1 set of armor and rage quit after being scripted to death.

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
Of course I did? He is going to need to know about it eventually, and it helps you understand how much armor you're going to need to farm.

Script is officially approved/the current meta. Since this is something that does not apply to most PW servers I think its only fair that he knows from the get go.

Its good for him to know this now, rather than to join the server, get 1 set of armor and rage quit after being scripted to death.
:normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:

Offline LinLin

• ?
I'm in NA and I never lag that bad.

Bullshyt lol.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Bullshyt lol.
 I'm canada and I also never lag spike. Maybe it's a personal problem?

Offline LinLin

• ?
 I'm canada and I also never lag spike. Maybe it's a personal problem?
You're a shill. You lost all credibility. Anyone with half a brain knows who you are.

Also its good to point out that you can completely avoid scripters by simply avoiding them. Nobody said you have to pk them. Let them get bored and quit. You can pk against other non scripters. Moreover, avoid these shills on EPW forums who try to influence you to script. It's complete bullshyt.
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 02:27 pm by LinLin

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran

Bullshyt lol.
Not "bullshyt lol." Stop playing on a potato or turn on simple models. It's not that difficult, unless you don't know how to operate a computer.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
You're a shill. You lost all credibility. Everyone with half a brain knows who you are. Also its good to point out that you can completely avoid scripters but simply avoiding them. Nobody said you have to pk them. Let them get bored and quit. You can pk against other non scripters. Moreover avoid these shills on EPW forums who try to influence you to script. It's complete bullshyt.
 Are you really this mad because I dont lag? Want an SS of my ping? Lol. :-X 

If you entrer a gm pvp event there will be scripters, if you do any mass pk whatsoever there will be scripters. Frankly, I don't see why this knowledge upsets you so much. Is it wrong that I'm showing this guy what script is and letting him decide for HIMSELF if he wants to? .-. Until it becomes bannable I think it's only fair he's atleast shown what he's up against.

But I guess ignorance is bliss ^-^

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dude u might aswell camp starting point and help every new comer script
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.