Epic Perfect World

Wait what the?!

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
No one cares about the servers health. Agatio cares about the money, the geared players care about staying better geared than everyone else. Everyone loses in the end. I suppose we are only human after all, though. :-X Made to devour and destroy.
Server health gives money. Bad choices makes people leave which is also lowering the income. I wouldn't do this change if I didn't think it was beneficial for the server in the long run. The reward for this instance wasn't well thought in the first place. I was basically re-calculating rewards for the quests in a very short time at that day. But it is pretty clear now that the instance was way too imbalanced in comparison to all other farming methods and needed some adjustments. I did lower the reward, but on the other hand made it a bit harder and quite faster. Making it shorter and keeping same rewards would be a bad idea.

Insanity

how long was gv before and how long is it now?
Server health gives money. Bad choices makes people leave which is also lowering the income. I wouldn't do this change if I didn't think it was beneficial for the server in the long run. The reward for this instance wasn't well thought in the first place. I was basically re-calculating rewards for the quests in a very short time at that day. But it is pretty clear now that the instance was way too imbalanced in comparison to all other farming methods and needed some adjustments. I did lower the reward, but on the other hand made it a bit harder and quite faster. Making it shorter and keeping same rewards would be a bad idea.
Any details?

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
Basically ppl realise Trials were better because only a few amount people knew how to do it and could actually do it ( you still have to log 10 chars wich would require a decent pc/net and you need dragon geared lvl 150 alts ). But now since everyone can spam it and get a decent amount of rerols ( even though its not as close as what you could achieve with trials ) , its getting problematic because everyone can actually get good gears now.

- In trials you could make around 1.2k damas in ? 5-6 hours
- Gv you make  4x30 = (120 rerols)  360 damas   ? in 5:20 hours

Problem lies in the fact that well geared people don't want the majority of the server getting endgame gears , I might be wrong but idk what else it could be.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Mobs are 20% stronger and tankier and interval between each wave has been lowered from 90 to 70 seconds.  So the instance should be around 20 minutes shorter now.

Insanity

...only 20 mins shorter? why not make mobs 50% stronger and interval 30 seconds instead
1 hour or whatever is still too long for 20 reshape only, since nothing was done about useless stats(not every useless stat but some of them atleast)
Mobs are 20% stronger and tankier and interval between each wave has been lowered from 90 to 70 seconds.  So the instance should be around 20 minutes shorter now.
Ty.

Basically ppl realise Trials were better because only a few amount people knew how to do it and could actually do it ( you still have to log 10 chars wich would require a decent pc/net and you need dragon geared lvl 150 alts ). But now since everyone can spam it and get a decent amount of rerols ( even though its not as close as what you could achieve with trials ) , its getting problematic because everyone can actually get good gears now.

- In trials you could make around 1.2k damas in ? 5-6 hours
- Gv you make  4x30 = (120 rerols)  360 damas   ? in 5:20 hours

Problem lies in the fact that well geared people don't want the majority of the server getting endgame gears , I might be wrong but idk what else it could be.

That;s just human nature the top like being on top. Especially with the ego this server gushes. Any little thing that even hints at upsetting the grand design and its picked apart an destroyed.

It is still not balanced, mathematically speaking. 
Before: 90 minutes (1.5 hr) = 30 elements
so, 1 minute = 1/3 element
The new reward = 20 elements 
=> the new instance time should be adjusted to 60 minutes to ensure the balance (30 minutes shorter, instead of 20 minutes)

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Took away 1/3rd of the entire rewards and decreased the time to run by 1/6th, oh yes. Purely a move to balance the time ;) Not at all affected by money. That math adds up to me case closed here folks! 

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
Congratulations you whiny little pieces of shit. I'm not farming an hour and a half for 20 chances of getting dick all. We couldn't have just that one good thing, just the one thing to bridge the gap. This place is ***ing more money hungry than Official PWI I swear.  :-\
r u angry cause 20rolls now? oh wait 23 cause of daily ones i still think it should be lowered to 17+ the daily quests 20 but if it makes you feel any better learn from me i have never donated or farm trials/ares/morai quest? never done it (actually ive done ares 5 times) heck i tried to FARM on a x2 exp and i fell asleep while in the middle of a run  :)) :)) :)) i got all my gear by buying/reselling items making 30-40k ec daily and anyone can do it. tradeable or not saturdays r not special anymore since you can spam GV now. watch dama's price go for 10-15ec because "i rather spend 1hour in GV for 23 rolls than buy 3-6 damas.

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
Why not make GV like ares event but that lasts saturday or sunday whole 24hours? keeping weekends to farm instead of everyday farming

Offline Rukeli

• ♚OC♚
  • Creator of PW
hey agation, reduce time even more pls.  :-X
+ dont make this a permanent way of farming.
let new people catch up to the older players so pvp would increase!
Pk as it is right now happens againts mobs in gv...

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Why not make GV like ares event but that lasts saturday or sunday whole 24hours? keeping weekends to farm instead of everyday farming
Oh yes agatio, why not take it a step further and just rename delta to ares and make it weekly. And give it tradeable rewards. Lets do that agatio. Just like the golden oldie days of 1 week ago?

I do so miss the good old days of "Oh? You can't log 200 characters on saturday at a specific time? Then shut up and give me 5 thousand dollars or go *** yourself all the way to other server lelelelelleleel Sincerely~EPW."  :police:
Last Edit: Apr 08, 2016, 02:03 am by Mizore

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
I don't know how I feel about the change, I've busted my ass farming for my R8 to be perfect. I am 50-50 it's a little to easy but with this method there sure as hell better be more PK, I shouldn't see how PK has normally been if R8 is so easy to get rerolls now. I also don't see why people are complaining about 20 now back in the day of the beginnings you only had the option to use EC be grateful assholes. (if this needs to be cleaned for calling them out it's cool).

Offline Swink

• Scumbag
  • Faction: Tyrants
You all complain too much