Epic Perfect World

Nerf Sin - Legitimate Suggestion

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
So many tears about barbs taking 900 damage self-buffed, but what about FULLY GEARED ENDGAME SINS? One of the most played class on server ATM?

What about FULLY GEARED ENDGAME SEEKERS? One of the LATEST most played classes on server ATM?

Barb's are such a small amount of the community compared to these, but barb is the class people are crying the most about it?

I must have cracked too many eggs lately

Kera; bless his sweet heart: Suggested to remove PDEF Ornaments from WB. That's cool, 

I'm OK with that IF Seekers and BM's also lose it.

However, if this happens, Sins would be able to still use X2 PDEF Ornaments, and in return still take less damage than a barbarian. How is that okay? Removing one minor imbalance that lacks in comparison to Seeker and Sin, when they're the real issue right now.

Don't believe me? Check this video out. I'm self-buffed; I'm wearing the maximum-average APS damage potential gear on server ATM. +2ATK Ornaments, Runes, and a fire pill.

Look at that damage log, and all that was needed was a simple Sage Spark. Sin's have unlimited Chi too.

My suggestion? If you're going to start nerfing other classes defensive potential in forms of class-based nerfs, then I suggest you

CUT THE SAGE SPARK DAMAGE REDUCTION IN HALF!

Unless you think that sins being able to tank 10 players with a buff pill and 66% status evasion is okay, then I'm at a loss for words.
Last Edit: Apr 02, 2016, 06:22 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
So you would like to "nerf" something again (assassins in this case), only because you weren't able to kill the best geared one before he went into stealth?  ;)   Maybe you should make your own server?  The suggestion about restricting physical ornaments also was ridiculous.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
So you would like to "nerf" something again (assassins in this case), only because you weren't able to kill the best geared one before he went into stealth?  ;)   Maybe you should make your own server?  The suggestion about restricting physical ornaments also was ridiculous.
He can't kill me either, lmao.

It's a back and forth struggle, I've had countless 1v1's with the "best geared assassins" on the server and have lasted 30+ minutes on average with MYSELF being the victor. I'll make a new 1v1 video to show off my skills soon, I'm sure you'd love to see that.  ;)

You can't say ONE class is the problem when the other is EQUALLY as ridiculous, that's just playing favorites, but at least you admitted to restricting PDEF ornaments being ridiculous.

How do you feel about Sins single-handedly tanking an entire PT of AA with Tidal, Spirit of Defense? Is that okay in your eyes? You do realize that Assassins aren't BM's or WB's, right?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
He can't kill me either, lmao.

It's a back and forth struggle, I've had countless 1v1's with the "best geared assassins" on the server and have lasted 30+ minutes on average with MYSELF being the victor.

You can't say ONE class is the problem when the other is EQUALLY as ridiculous, that's just playing favorites.

He refuses to 1v1 me because he's afraid I'll make a 3-0 video against him since it's already 1-0.
Oh really? So you can kill each other after all. Also the Playoffs don't always last till duel.

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
Very good suggestion, +100000

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Oh really? So you can kill each other after all. Also the Playoffs don't always last till duel.
I can't remember any time in recent history (after I started heavily scripting) where I've lost to a sin outside of a duel in Playoffs, or in main map where the fight was serious.

Jawad for example (you were there) only managed to kill me because he was bow/purging me in a duel where I didn't have tidal, bloodpaint, or insane HP regen skills.

The point of this thread isn't to have an ego-war though, it's the simple fact that Sins =/= Barb's in terms of "tankiness", and if you were to nerf barb's and not do the same for sins, seekers, etc, It would be imbalancing for the server.

Clearly the PDEF Orna restriction won't be done though, so no need to complain from my end.

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
youre not supposed to be able to kill anything just by occult aps

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Just give barb's bloodpaint already to balance things out  :o

youre not supposed to be able to kill anything just by occult aps
you're not supposed to be able to kill anything by pressing 2 skill-macros on your skillbar with instantcast

but hey, its Epic Perfect World afterall.

Offline ★Kera

• ★ ★ Supremacist ★ ★
  • Characters: wasdfz - BigDKera - Supremacist - Cyberdkx - SUPREMACY -SirFuxYourGf
  • Faction: 10 INCHES
So you would like to "nerf" something again (assassins in this case), only because you weren't able to kill the best geared one before he went into stealth?  ;)   Maybe you should make your own server?  The suggestion about restricting physical ornaments also was ridiculous.
lmfao if restricting physical ornaments was ridiculous well, any other nerf suggestion like increasing cd on knock down / solid shield / invoke / tiger form is ridiculous too, a solid decrease in def /atk levels or pdef/patk base is also ridiculous, 
We play with the toys god bestow on us;'.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
That sad moment when this thread became a flame war when it's probably actually the best suggestion in the past year.

It'd effectively nerf Seekers, Sins, and half of the other broken sage-spark spammers that take 0 damage, while allowing players to keep their armors and ornaments.

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Just give barb's bloodpaint already to balance things out  :o
you're not supposed to be able to kill anything by pressing 2 skill-macros on your skillbar with instantcast

but hey, its Epic Perfect World afterall.
how is skill macro different from pressing aps lol, its the decision making that determines skill not how many skills you use / if you click skills or have them in macro w/e etc
delusional Dom come 1v1

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
how is skill macro different from pressing aps lol, its the decision making that determines skill not how many skills you use / if you click skills or have them in macro w/e etc
delusional Dom come 1v1
Already destroyed you in Playoffs and in a 1v1 two nights ago, you must have some short term memory loss, boy.

It tends to happen though when you challenge a God and get your egg-cracked pretty hard m8

rename to Omelet 

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I can't remember any time in recent history (after I started heavily scripting) where I've lost to a sin outside of a duel in Playoffs, or in main map where the fight was serious.

Jawad for example (you were there) only managed to kill me because he was bow/purging me in a duel where I didn't have tidal, bloodpaint, or insane HP regen skills.

The point of this thread isn't to have an ego-war though, it's the simple fact that Sins =/= Barb's in terms of "tankiness", and if you were to nerf barb's and not do the same for sins, seekers, etc, It would be imbalancing for the server.

Clearly the PDEF Orna restriction won't be done though, so no need to complain from my end.
Okay, so you got 100% win rate against assassins, yet you still want to nerf them cause you don't kill them fast enough   ^-^

lmfao if restricting physical ornaments was ridiculous well, any other nerf suggestion like increasing cd on knock down / solid shield / invoke / tiger form is ridiculous too, a solid decrease in def /atk levels or pdef/patk base is also ridiculous,
Don't take any offense sir, I don't believe restricting more items is a good way for anything. Please keep in mind that using two physical ornaments will make you very vulnerable to magic damage, so just using elemental pills will make you suffer a lot. This restriction is not needed and the physical ornaments are not even a problem. Instead, there are other ways of lowering defense which aren't so invasive, like meridian phys. def reduction, def level reduction and more. 

Offline Johania

I hate to agree with him but he is right something on sins is not ok. sins are meant to have high damage but not to tank like. its incredible the tanky they are in most situations even in mass pk sins are the last ones to die. I am not saying Dom is totally right about all the sht that come through his mouth but he has a point.