Epic Perfect World

Happy Easter everyone!

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I dont believe in Easter.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
Happy Easter all!  :police: Enjoy those days in peaceful,  calm atmosphere!  

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Happy "Easter."

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements

Happy bunbun day!  :-X

Offline 🆒Nat

• Just tryna be me 😎
  • Only God can judge me
  • Characters: GodezzOfWar
Happy Easter Josh!!!! And everyone else too!!

Happy "Easter."

Read a manga whose heroine is Ishtar...Anatolia Story. Imma history nerd  ;D

TY ChocolateMama for my Drago❤

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Happy Easter Josh!!!! And everyone else too!!
Read a manga whose heroine is Ishtar...Anatolia Story. Imma history nerd  ;D
Sounds interesting. I've always taken an interest in Gods/Goddesses. If you liked the manga you read, you should read the Goddess Summoning series by P.C. Cast

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
Happy "Easter."
This is actually untrue. The only reason that this hypothesis that you, and popular culture is referring to exists is because of the words, "Easter," and, "Ishtar," being homophones. Easter is actually an Anglo-Saxon word and was not derived from the goddess Ishtar.

This picture has been going around everywhere it seems, but it's best to remember that not everything posted on Reddit, Cracked, 9Gag, 8Facts, Facebook, Instagram, etc is true. There are plenty of peer reviewed articles studying the origin of Easter as well as Pagan deities if you wish to confirm or inquire further.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
This is actually untrue. The only reason that this hypothesis that you, and popular culture is referring to exists is because of the words, "Easter," and, "Ishtar," being homophones. Easter is actually an Anglo-Saxon word and was not derived from the goddess Ishtar.

This picture has been going around everywhere it seems, but it's best to remember that not everything posted on Reddit, Cracked, 9Gag, 8Facts, Facebook, Instagram, etc is true. There are plenty of peer reviewed articles studying the origin of Easter as well as Pagan deities if you wish to confirm or inquire further.
I posted that picture because it was the quickest access for me, however, I do know my history and my Pagan Gods/Goddesses, considering I myself practice some of these beliefs. I posted this picture because it is accurate in the fact that Easter does not belong to the Christians, but in fact was yet another holiday taken to revolve around the Christian mesiah, Jesus Christ. However, that's not to say that Christianity and Paganism are not associated. . .

In fact, there are several Gods and Goddesses that "Easter" refers to, all of them a less evolved form (older form) of the Christian's holiday. And you are wrong, Ishtar is a Babylonian (and several other cultures) Goddess of fertility, war, love and sex. Is she the only Goddess that has become the precursor to the Easter we all know and have come to love? Of course not. There are many many cultures with fertility Gods and symbols that all evolved to become today's Easter. Examples include Ostara, the Norse God of Fertility and yes, Oestre (the Anglo-Saxon reference you brought up). You should do your research. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this isn't a thread to get into religious fanaticism, so Happy Sex Day everyone. c:

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
I posted that picture because it was the quickest access for me, however, I do know my history and my Pagan Gods/Goddesses, considering I myself practice some of these beliefs. I posted this picture because it is accurate in the fact that Easter does not belong to the Christians, but in fact was yet another holiday taken to revolve around the Christian mesiah, Jesus Christ. However, that's not to say that Christianity and Paganism are not associated. . .

In fact, there are several Gods and Goddesses that "Easter" refers to, all of them a less evolved form (older form) of the Christian's holiday. And you are wrong, Ishtar is a Babylonian (and several other cultures) Goddess of fertility, war, love and sex. Is she the only Goddess that has become the precursor to the Easter we all know and have come to love? Of course not. There are many many cultures with fertility Gods and symbols that all evolved to become today's Easter. Examples include Ostara, the Norse God of Fertility and yes, Oestre (the Anglo-Saxon reference you brought up). You should do your research. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this isn't a thread to get into religious fanaticism, so Happy Sex Day everyone. c:
ur wrong bye lol

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Nah. (:
Easter is about eggs, eggs are white. What else is white...? Exactly. Seagulls, seagulls eat garbage, you're garbage. Do you know what else is garbage? Yes, right again. Your mother, your mother is fat, fat, fat rhymes with bat. Batman. Batman wears all black, whats the opposite of black? That's right, white. Just like the color of George Bush. Lilluminati confirmded.  :police:

Offline Mihi

• Old Player
  • Characters: _Achilles
I I posted this picture because it is accurate in the fact that Easter does not belong to the Christians, but in fact was yet another holiday taken to revolve around the Christian mesiah, Jesus Christ. However, that's not to say that Christianity and Paganism are not associated. . .
Agreed, however, this picture contains many things wrong with it. For instance, while eggs and bunnies are symbols of fertility, they were NOT symbols of Ishtar.

In fact, there are several Gods and Goddesses that "Easter" refers to, all of them a less evolved form (older form) of the Christian's holiday.
The word Easter, is originally derived from an Anglo-Saxon word known as, 'Eastre' and was not derived from the word Ishtar. Only Western countries refer to this holiday as Easter while most other countries would call it pascha [Latin], derived from pesach [Hebrew] meaning 'passover'.

In fact, there are several Gods and Goddesses that "Easter" refers to, all of them a less evolved form (older form) of the Christian's holiday.
The above implies that the idea that the holiday was derived from an older holiday to be false.
And you are wrong, Ishtar is a Babylonian (and several other cultures) Goddess of fertility, war, love and sex. Is she the only Goddess that has become the precursor to the Easter we all know and have come to love? Of course not.
I mentioned nothing about this.
There are many many cultures with fertility Gods and symbols that all evolved to become today's Easter.
Symbolism wise, sure, but there are still some evidence showing that the egg could be a symbol for the resurrection that is the central idea of Easter. However, as I said before, Easter is only perceived to be derived from other cultures mainly because of the homophones of

Examples include Ostara, the Norse God of Fertility and yes, Oestre (the Anglo-Saxon reference you brought up).
I didn't bring up any Anglo-Saxon deities, only the etymology of the word it self.

You should do your research.
:rolleyes:
I did.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Agreed, however, this picture contains many things wrong with it. For instance, while eggs and bunnies are symbols of fertility, they were NOT symbols of Ishtar.
I never mentioned eggs/bunnies being symbols of Ishtar, that would be an eight sided star.

The word Easter, is originally derived from an Anglo-Saxon word known as, 'Eastre' and was not derived from the word Ishtar.
I was referring to the holiday, not the word, which takes root in many Pagan holidays as well.

Only Western countries refer to this holiday as Easter while most other countries would call it pascha [Latin], derived from pesach [Hebrew] meaning 'passover'.
Yes, I know.

The above implies that the idea that the holiday was derived from an older holiday to be false.
Easter, like Christmas, is based off of old Pagan traditions/celebrations. There were many strong traditions that Christian authority figures deemed unfit for their religion, so rather than eradicate them, they changed the meaning.

I mentioned nothing about this.
I didn't bring up any Anglo-Saxon deities, only the etymology of the word it self. I did.
That was my bad then. I thought the Anglo-Saxon reference was a continuation of the previous sentence.

Symbolism wise, sure, but there are still some evidence showing that the egg could be a symbol for the resurrection that is the central idea of Easter. However, as I said before, Easter is only perceived to be derived from other cultures mainly because of the homophones.
Easter was so named Easter because, again, changing it too much would've been too far a deviant from the original Pagan traditions. Christians wanted to assimilate, not eradicate.
Could've just given a long paragraph as a response. Would've made it easier to respond. 

edit: PS, I'm not questioning your knowledge, merely pointing out that traditions of Easter go far far further back than Christianity ever began celebrating it. Originally, I posted just for fun. 

Anyways, ty for conversation.
Last Edit: Mar 28, 2016, 03:39 am by 𝐸𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓂𝑜