Epic Perfect World

Assasin: Max APS Limit? (Demon or Sage)

Offline NormanM

• Characters: Normike, Zedgar
  • Faction: LostBlade
Probably this question was made a lot of times but didnt see any "updated" thread about it yet, thats why im asking here.

Assasins can be 5.0 APS at any point (including gear ,sparks, genies etc) or there are a limit for it? 

Planning to make a endgame sin and im still looking the differents aspects of Sage/Demon sin. 

Any advice about it will be welcome too  ;)

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Demon PVE
Sage PvP

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Asstute

There are several ways to be 5.0. 

You can use a str based genie for Relentless Courage, and hit 5.00 with simply dragon gears.
You can also explore HA/LA dragon combination with demon 3spark for 5.00.
However, neither of these will be worth it (especially damage-wise).

If you are looking to PvP, you will need rank 8 gears for sure. To be 3.33 base in R8r, it can be pretty expensive --> you will need 3x int wrist and 2x int top (given you are using dragon daggers). That means if you are demon, you will be 5.00 sparked. However, a normal sin with these rank 8 gears generally has 50-60 base attack level and it is, in general, much better to be sage for the better damage and 25% damage reduction from 3spark for tanking ability. You can easily be 4.00 with genie skill Wind Shield (and if you use it as level 1 version, it barely uses any genie energy and is spammable). 

5.00 isn't really everything though, because many sins now have God of Frenzy + interval stat on their r8 dagger, which is pretty hard to get. Using 3x int r8 wrists, 2x int r8 top, and GoF + 1x int r8 dagger, you would be 2.86 base, 3.33 wind shield, but you will be able to hit very hard (easily 15k auto-attacks on LA/AA classes that arent in def gear).

Getting interval, or any stat, on r8 is luck based, and it took me 80k ec (3.2k damascene ore) for my 3x wrist, 90k ec for my 2x int top (3.6k damas), and 10k ec for my GoF + int dagger (400 damas). Everyone has different experiences with their r8, I got pretty lucky I guess, but in general, most sins I know have been able to get these stats within 10k damas.

Hope this helps, and happy reshaping : )

Offline NormanM

Demon PVE
Sage PvP
I agree with you that demon is the best for PVE, im demon for farming purposes but didnt try pvp before, just once in NW but all i did was fly in stealth stuns AA ppl, aps and repeat lol

Still wanna make another sin for PVP only.
Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016, 12:39 am by NormanM

Offline NormanM

There are several ways to be 5.0.

You can use a str based genie for Relentless Courage, and hit 5.00 with simply dragon gears.
You can also explore HA/LA dragon combination with demon 3spark for 5.00.
However, neither of these will be worth it (especially damage-wise).

If you are looking to PvP, you will need rank 8 gears for sure. To be 3.33 base in R8r, it can be pretty expensive --> you will need 3x int wrist and 2x int top (given you are using dragon daggers). That means if you are demon, you will be 5.00 sparked. However, a normal sin with these rank 8 gears generally has 50-60 base attack level and it is, in general, much better to be sage for the better damage and 25% damage reduction from 3spark for tanking ability. You can easily be 4.00 with genie skill Wind Shield (and if you use it as level 1 version, it barely uses any genie energy and is spammable).

5.00 isn't really everything though, because many sins now have God of Frenzy + interval stat on their r8 dagger, which is pretty hard to get. Using 3x int r8 wrists, 2x int r8 top, and GoF + 1x int r8 dagger, you would be 2.86 base, 3.33 wind shield, but you will be able to hit very hard (easily 15k auto-attacks on LA/AA classes that arent in def gear).

Getting interval, or any stat, on r8 is luck based, and it took me 80k ec (3.2k damascene ore) for my 3x wrist, 90k ec for my 2x int top (3.6k damas), and 10k ec for my GoF + int dagger (400 damas). Everyone has different experiences with their r8, I got pretty lucky I guess, but in general, most sins I know have been able to get these stats within 10k damas.

Hope this helps, and happy reshaping : )
Amazing answer angel. you actually answered what i need to know about them. I know APS its not everything and i know  how hard sage sins hit because already went to NS and damn those sage r8 gof int sins hit like a truck, my little cleric wont have a chance (never came back to farm there lol)

Interval stats can be a headache sometimes. Still trying to achieve 3 int on my demon farming sin but after 100k ec just got 1 int best roll xD

Compared Sage and Demon skills from both cultivations and both have his advantages in specific ways. From what i saw in epicpw ecatomb, Sage got more consistent damage per hit, ideal for DPH sets and really nice survivals skills like tidals (30 and 66%), spark (for tanking) etc but Demon sins got nice debuffs, short cooldowns, demon spark for max aps etc. but in future pw updates APS will be more and more useless because China dev hate them and make more instances with bosses with anti-aps buffs, balacing classes to make sins just DPH to be competitive etc.

Back to the point, its possible to be 5.0 then, even if sometimes not the best option during pvp. Anyone already got 3 int on chest and wrist? thats 3.33 right? (I guess Wrist is more easy to get but chest is really painful to get int even just 1 int on it) Any full farmer/cs could make Sage 5 Aps? xD
Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016, 12:38 am by NormanM

Offline left alt

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: ★420★
theres a sin with 3.33wrist and 3.33chest (Thanh) idk if theres more sins with those r8r stats but probably

Offline Asstute

Amazing answer angel. you actually answered what i need to know about them. I know APS its not everything and i know  how hard sage sins hit because already went to NS and damn those sage r8 gof int sins hit like a truck, my little cleric wont have a chance (never came back to farm there lol)

Interval stats can be a headache sometimes. Still trying to achieve 3 int on my demon farming sin but after 100k ec just got 1 int best roll xD

Compared Sage and Demon skills from both cultivations and both have his advantages in specific ways. From what i saw in epicpw ecatomb, Sage got more consistent damage per hit, ideal for DPH sets and really nice survivals skills like tidals (30 and 66%), spark (for tanking) etc but Demon sins got nice debuffs, short cooldowns, demon spark for max aps etc. but in future pw updates APS will be more and more useless because China dev hate them and make more instances with bosses with anti-aps buffs, balacing classes to make sins just DPH to be competitive etc.

Back to the point, its possible to be 5.0 then, even if sometimes not the best option during pvp. Anyone already got 3 int on chest and wrist? thats 3.33 right? (I guess Wrist is more easy to get but chest is really painful to get int even just 1 int on it) Any full farmer/cs could make Sage 5 Aps? xD
Yes to all your questions. Yes, it's very possible to be 5.00. And yes, someone has both 3x int wrist and 3x int top (only one sin has it on server, Thanh, but if you have seen him play you will know that gears aren't everything ;)). With his stats, he is 4.00 base in full r8r, 5.00 wind shield, using dragon daggers. And yes, 2x int top is harder to get than 3x int wrist by percentage chance, but i know several people who got the top before wrist. And yes, it's easy to be 5.00 as sage. I don't know if yo know this but if you use dragon chest while using rest rank 8 gears, you keep dragon set and rank 8 sets' interval bonus. So if you have 3x int wrist and use this gear combination, you can be 4.00 base, 5.00 wind shield with minimal effort (lv 1 wind shield is fine if you are using vit/mag genie build). I assume you have 2x int wrist cus it's quite easy to get, so you can be 4.00 wind shield no prob. However, if you intend on having a "full farmer" sin, I would probably go demon on it.

Hope that helps, and GL :)

Edit: I also remembered that there is Quicken Stone in God's Giving. If you make a second pair of daggers, you can imbue Quicken Stone and +20 dex stone to it. It has a chance to increase your aps by 1...tier, I guess? e.g. from 2.50 to 2.86, 3.33 to 4.00, etc. It's quite common for sins to use more than one dagger (different primary stones, such as Gloom for dmg, Quicken for atk, Faith or Bless for def, Holy for purify). All of those stones are available in Gods Giving, except Gloom which is in Boutique. 

Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016, 01:58 am by _Angel