Epic Perfect World

Restrict MDEF Rings from EA

Offline re

• hoe
  • Characters: re
yea i got you , they should add some MDef res And Chan on r8 ring Pdef. WHOS WITH ME ? 

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
phy ring vs mag ring on EA theres barely any difference in damage, magic ring was a bit higher i think, by like 2%, but im sure the crit and accuary from phy ring equal that out. I'd use phy ring myself but its impossible for me to go back to slow ct after playing with -95, the gameplay of slow ct is so boring, im willing to give up the crit and accuary so gameplay would be more fun
anyway damage wise there wont be a difference, this would be just to nerf mdef on scripting EAs

Offline Kinsei

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Kinsei
??? WHAT ?
to (1) what do you mean with half the classes? cleric, mg, myst, barb, bm, wiz, veno have more mdef then ea
to (2) there is no instant cast ea on the server with r8 besides Burdette. And you cant compare EAs gear with other classes. Half of the server plays EA and there is no other tryhard class that spend so much dama in gear then EA. do you even know how hard it is to get 9% on every part?
9% on every part easy, 5000 dollars , good EA play with x2 chan
I kneel only to God, and I don't see him here

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic
  • Faction: Tyrants
according to domgrath, an ea who uses all mdef ornaments has more mdef than every magic class in the game (who doesn't use mdef ornaments)....IF THEY DID, ea's mdef will nowhere near be on par with any class, sorry but this is just retarded.......you want to nerf ea's because they use mdef ornaments and magic classes dont't?....they have the option to but they just chose not to.

Ask APHRODiTE what her MDEF is when she is fighting mag classes lmfaooo..

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I disagree that rings need to be restricted from ea. But given as your points provided are poor, I'm going to argue them anyways.

-To the same effect that ea's can be stunned in attack armor with luck, any class can. However this is derived entirely from player error, and is, in my opinion, completely irrelevant when discussing how the mathematical/balance side of pwi operates. Furthermore the problem with saying  "Arguing that they're supposed to be glass-cannons on a server full of def-camping scripters is the most ridiculous sentiment I have ever heard." combined with the knowledge that "an EA can get instantly melted in channy gear."  Is that magic rings are often the damage dealing ring of choice, meaning that they will have noticeably higher defense against magic classes BEFORE scripting into defense gear, while maintaining optimal attack.

All things considered about this Alexandergraph, I will leave you with this:

phy ring vs mag ring on EA theres barely any difference in damage, magic ring was a bit higher i think, by like 2%, but im sure the crit and accuary from phy ring equal that out. I'd use phy ring myself but its impossible for me to go back to slow ct after playing with -95, the gameplay of slow ct is so boring, im willing to give up the crit and accuary so gameplay would be more fun
anyway damage wise there wont be a difference, this would be just to nerf mdef on scripting EAs

-Domgraths armor is quite optimal, and me and him don't really even like each other. Frankly your point 2 seems like nothing more than a personal assault, rather than a useful thought.
I wouldn't know anymore, I haven't been in game nor around him. I do know that this is the opinion of quite a few people, which you could probably find using the search button. I just woke up, so I am not going through the hassle to look through the literal hundreds of threads where people ask him why average gear vs try hard gear doesn't matter when it comes to Barb vs anything in his opinion. You seem to have the time to type essays, so I'm sure you can find the time to look through those threads.

-Accuracy complaints from the class with the highest accuracy, lol.
Who was complaining? I was stating a fact. Complaining would imply I care whether or not it gets changed and I would also be making counter-suggestions in attempt to change it. Which I didn't.  :rolleyes:

-It is also just as irrelevant to include player LUCK in a discussion of armor balance, something concrete and equatable. Stun's will not fail to proc 50% of the time on average, the reason it will feel like that is because with instant channel you will be using your stun every 15 seconds. Which means on average it will fail once every 2 minutes in a 1vs1, about the same as your pots cooldown. But on a server where a player can die before their charm ticks, under certain circumstances it can become extremely factor to miss a stun, however it is to be expected. Literally.
? This statement just seems like it proves my point. Missing stuns will cost an EA their life, which was the point I was trying to make. I said what I did because using magic rings for higher channy balances out the accuracy/crit that phys rings give.

You should not be in full channel armor if your opponent is in a position where he can erase you before a charm tick anyways, or you could just as easily be erased by an enemy fortify/faith just as promptly and just as easily, WITHOUT stun proc even failing. Which is player error. It is not 100%, and I know the personal struggle with mountain seize. But that is simply how it is, individual player luck is irrelevant when discussing the proc rate of a skill. Stagalstrike will miss more than ea stun, as will a barbs knockdown. It's proc rate is comparably close to throatcut, actually, and you don't see sins complaining or crying about that.
How is this relevant to my post? The only relevance is "
You should not be in full channel armor if your opponent is in a position where he can erase you before a charm tick anyways", in which case -- as you said -- player error. Most 1v1s nowadays count on that player error because without it, you're just going to be doing 0 damage on def campers.

There is no class that's supposed to be as squishy as archer. They are MEANT to be low in defense, that is why the anti control skills are in place to compensate. And they have accomplished that well on this server, but there is no class who is supposed to equate them in raw status defense. A simple brief look at the classes skills will tell you that. (Anti control and kiting for days, more leaps than a wizard, more anti stuns than any single other class, speed buffs and skills to further encourage kiting,no actual DEFENSIVE passives, only evasion, which also encourages the "don't get hit at all is the best defense" strategy.)
I only partially agree with this and even if other classes aren't meant to be as squishy as EA, there are still some ridiculously tanky magic classes that should be brought into consideration way before EA tankiness ever is because:
Yes because we are 123 with or without MDEF... Script ... and all
Responses in bold. Too groggy to do any more than that.
Last Edit: Mar 24, 2016, 10:09 am by 𝐸𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓂𝑜

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
What about you Nerf your class too? 

Also -1 

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
How about restrict the amount of hours you play this game and have to do other things with your time instead of making threads complaining about every other class that isn't about Barbs or accusing innocent people of ruining your Netflix?

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
+1 to that... Archers are phys DD class they should wear phys rings only... no other argument needed ty
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
+1 to that... Archers are phys DD class they should wear phys rings only... no other argument needed ty
also restrict claws/fists/edges from barbs

Offline Belkas

And before you rant; I'm seeing this from a completely defense PoV, not the benefits for offensiveness.

You say loss of 5 defense levels by doing this, I say instant-cast with 100% crit rate

So which one is it? 

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
You say you're looking from a defense PoV?
Then make an equivalent of the magic ring. But with physical defense instead. And lock it to only archers since magic classes would use them aswell....but all this work just to please Domgrath....meh.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
also restrict claws/fists/edges from barbs
and Light Armor from Barbs/Bms/Seekers
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
Yes restrict magic rings and remove channeling bless. That's not how EA is supposed to be played. You can ask any Pwi pro like baqwulf that this is bs. Please agatio 

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Damnnnnnn Josh, back at it again with the nerf threads.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline ♥Insanitarius♥

• AnUnknownGod
  • An unknown god is still a god.
  • Characters: Insanitarius/Diligence/ETZIO
Make a pdef ring with ct for ea's and restrict mdef ones, that would do.
Insanitarius