Epic Perfect World

Server network problems

Tali

Shit happens when you party naked, unfortunately.

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
The server is runing normally.

And online
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Offline ⓅⓇⓈ

• EPW OG
The server is runing normally.

And online

still "unable to connect to server" -- why?
and when you check 'choose server,' it still reads: "ping --- " and "population ---"

edit: apparently some update was missing.
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 11:41 pm by fitz

Offline a5812850

• Beginner

I hope you let me know when it will be done... >:D

i want play epw   :sad: :sad:

Cier

Server's been online and running smoothly for a few hours..

Offline Myu

Letting people know they need to patch might help  :monkey-18:

Offline genius4soul

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand its gone again

Offline Sethlea

:'( I really hope that server problems can be fixed soon. I have just recently started playing epic and it is really good. But the constant dc is becoming a problem and it bothers me. I left the original pwi because of constant errors from server overload so the experience this loss again is very sad for me.. I hope you can fix it soon and I can get on with lvling all the toons in pwi.  :smiley:

Offline lesliex12

well at this point the server says it is offline sooo i dont think people are able to conect and if we are needing a patch were is the download for it

Offline Ryan_Wolfeh

• Raccoons.
  • Adventure Time~
We don't need any kind of game patch to fix a connection problem that's caused by the host. We're practically an illegal copy of the game by itself, I don't think a new game patch is going to solve our connection to our private host.

By the way, couldn't we just upgrade the server's memory and capacity with money from the donations? I mean surely we must be getting more than enough money to pay for both the monthly upkeep of the server, and some better specs.

^ ROFLMAO.

Offline firestorm01

wolfeh is right server probs cant be fixed by any patch lol so u guys are sol til the server is back working  :P :D :))

Offline Sry

go hard Agatio and bring back server

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline genius4soul

Status - Online
Connection - Broken
Seems legit

Offline Dedy Irsad, SH.

• Kill Them All [Pasukan Kamikaze]
Wow Again.. hard struggle.. good job..

Ok, about the patching when the server comes back online.

Every time that it has come back online, I have had to run the patcher. Otherwise it will not show me an active server connection inside the game. Its not actually patching, not really. If I understand it correctly from the files I have looked at all it is doing is updating the server information files. Without this update to let the game see the proper server connection information, The game cannot connect as the old information(eg: IP, Port, ect..) is wrong.

Im not saying that that is why I have to patch, it may be something totally different, but I will say that every time I patch, the information inside the server info files changes, even if only ever so slightly. But it does change. Therefore, IMO whenever you connect again, just run patcher.bat. Doesnt take long. Saves alot of QQing.