• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: ★420★
+1 cause why not

Offline Viking

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Gaahl, Viking
  • Faction: ArchEnemy
lol

you supposedly played since 2012.. where were you during the DDOS era of 2013 when everything was crashing and server couldn't stay up for more than a day or two without being down for hours? cities were emptied..

that is nothing like this

your perception is muddled, maybe by "hurr durr game is dead" forum posters who likely aren't playing anyways
I remember that very well. Why do you think Agatio has 4 links now? 3 and 4 basically never offline. All those were done due to those DDOS attacks. That was a problem that was handled quite fast thank you to Agatio. What we have atm is entirely different. And if you really can't see it yourself then I guess you are the one spending time in forums rather than in game.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Well if you think about it this way,
the progression on this server is:
- Leveling up
- Gaining coin and farming EC
- Gear as you level
(which most completely new people would probably do)
- Dragon Gear and orns
- Cultivation
- Skills
- Gear rerolls
(which you can spend a lifetime doing)
- Tomes
- Orns (WS, cube, DS)
- Supreme robe
- Cards and nuema
- Gear upgrades (ring and capes)
- Gear engraves (ring, neck and belt)
- Titles
- Primal skills
- Morai skills
- Extra weaps, extra sets of gear, extra sets of orns
(optional but eventually necessary for pk/tw)

And probably some other stuff I have forgotten.
And most of which you need before you can begin to PK properly.
And that is all just for one character to start out.
Once they have a geared first char, things become much easier.

I know this isn't meant to be an easy, instantly endgame server, 
but I think a small, well thoughtout starter pack purely for new people 
that is not able to be abused or utilised by current players would be a nice idea.
Perhaps only redeemable once on new accounts through the panel 
and mostly untradeable, unstashable items.

Would take a bit of time to get right but I like the concept.
I think it would be a nice incentive to boost a new wave of players, 
especially those that don't have the money or friends/guildmates to help them get started.

/essay
Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 07:24 am by 𝓛𝓲𝓵𝓪𝓬

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable

yeap, a lot of this has been made easier starting with meridian (which i myself maxed on 15 characters at the course of ~2 months but was happy it was made free for everyone else after)ending with the cape that takes ~1.5h or so to get (which took me 1,5months running over 216 TMs) and embraced the idea to make it easier aswell.
probably making this FIRST PACK that contains all in the main page then having a secondary one every 2-3 weeks(or earlier) containing only reroll mats(seby's idea) would be a great boost
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Adjustement
Make it 200ST (r8 ring  / goshiki quest added u make 300for cape)
Ridges is okay?
Make it 25rolls /piece with weapon 50 (25/25 atk def?)
20m bank bank notes
2weapon tokens
How to justify 2weeks on server?
2absence notes
Only item given once/week and cant be sammed or proxy'ed or such , non acc stashable either
All items non tradeble/acc stashable
Supply tokens given in form of a 2tokens
3tokens needed for cape
2for ring + seals of war
So ppl cant get abs notes and use the st to get dama/engrave etc
The supply tokens given once
So 2abs notes for those items u stated and these
Seems more resonable
Damas and such to be allowed more than once tho
Make a quest when u have 2abs notes u get ST books etc
And a forge near r8 one where u exchange 2abscence notes for the rolls
?
Non tradeble abusable or any kind able to farm on many alts

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Useless, requires thousands of rerolls to get endgame gears. This might be enough to make basic R8R, but even then, maybe not.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
Adjustement
Make it 200ST (r8 ring  / goshiki quest added u make 300for cape)
Ridges is okay?
Make it 25rolls /piece with weapon 50 (25/25 atk def?)
20m bank bank notes
2weapon tokens
How to justify 2weeks on server?
2absence notes
Only item given once/week and cant be sammed or proxy'ed or such , non acc stashable either
All items non tradeble/acc stashable
Supply tokens given in form of a 2tokens
3tokens needed for cape
2for ring + seals of war
So ppl cant get abs notes and use the st to get dama/engrave etc
The supply tokens given once
So 2abs notes for those items u stated and these
Seems more resonable
Damas and such to be allowed more than once tho
Make a quest when u have 2abs notes u get ST books etc
And a forge near r8 one where u exchange 2abscence notes for the rolls
?
Non tradeble abusable or any kind able to farm on many alts
absence note can be obtained even if you're not online everyday so a 5-7 consecutive days check in that give the reward pack seems better imo, maybe even a small sidequest or something, the idea is indeed to make it easier but making people work for it even in a small way, will make EPW at least seem more lively
i feel like i'm dead

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Useless, requires thousands of rerolls to get endgame gears. This might be enough to make basic R8R, but even then, maybe not.
if you are lucky basic r8 with "dph" gears such as double dex/str/mag.... my ea only has double dex gear and i am totally fine in pk...
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Nea

• Game Master
I got -6 mg set in 600dama (170rolls) and 3ont wrist on ea with 180dama (50rolls) coz mem coins etc
Rofl

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
and i am totally fine in pk...
Yeah, any player without a def set will be instantly hiero'd by my 'f1' auto attack

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
if you are lucky basic r8 with "dph" gears such as double dex/str/mag.... my ea only has double dex gear and i am totally fine in pk...
it's incredibly easy to gear up a character with a more than decent gear in a small number of rolls, everything that takes more than 1k rolls is considered deluxe and should be worked for, domgrath's bitching is like the 4 year old you see in the supermarket crying to his momy to buy him a stuffed bear when he already has one at home because in his mind , the supermarket one seems better/case closed
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Nea

• Game Master
absence note can be obtained even if you're not online everyday so a 5-7 consecutive days check in that give the reward pack seems better imo, maybe even a small sidequest or something, the idea is indeed to make it easier but making people work for it even in a small way, will make EPW at least seem more lively
Ye
Well i said abs notes so u can exchange multiple times with time
The longer u play the easier it will get right
Thats the point of ppl to log in
To know they make some progress
As long as rolls would came every month or every 2weeks it would be nice
Also abs notes thing requires no changes whatsoever just a new npc and a quest idk
However overall idea u had is good

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Yeah, any player without a def set will be instantly hiero'd by my 'f1' auto attack
i am not gonna start the same old discussion bout "get to know your class" and "get to know your role" again but the point of my ea is to be a glasscannon. I am prolly one of the highest dmg per hit eas (not over time just to make that clear) on server but idk 100%. If i am not then its ok for me too lol but if you just compare hit dmg i am pretty good i d say. Ofc this build isnt effective but i dont care... it was cheap and it is very good playable for me.
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

infernchidhu

On-Topic

Like iv'e said before this server's entire concept is to make you work for your gear really hard, so that you are unwilling to quit, which is an "i don't wanna lose rather than try to win" type attitude.

Instead gearing people or making pve easier would increase the influx of people by a lot.

Just imagine the number of people who started playing this and said fk it, because reaching 150 is a fkin challenge by itself ( PvE feggots don't fkin jump in here and tell me that its easy, especially when i have more 150 chars than you LMAO ).

Eg. Some of my friends who wanted to play epic like 2 years back or so, asked me a simple question, How long will it take me to have the same gear/ levels as you ? The honest answer is around 2-3 months minimum IF you slog and pve everyday ( assuming you don't bot or w/e )

But unfortunately, gearing and stuff cannot be made easier as it would destroy the existing player base, unless a conclusive poll is made and maybe then.

On Domgrath

Why is Domgrath allowed to post on EPW forums ?
1) He doesn't believe in equal rights for gay people / women and non Christians
2) He believes that reducing the minimum wages increases economical growth of the middle class
3) He believes that the world is flat and Adam's rib was used to create Eve, rather than the big bang
4) He doesn't believe in global warming
5) He thinks that building a wall between Mexico and the US would compensate for the several trillion $s of tax cuts given to the top 1%
6) He believes that 60+63 = 126
7) He believes that the war on terrorism will be won by killing everyone in the middle east
8  ) He believes that infants born with disabilities or brain abnormalities should be euthanized

Considering all these amazing beliefs my friend Josh has, i believe that its high time to revoke his right to communicate on forums. Quote and +1 me if you agree.