Epic Perfect World

The hype of the game

Offline Talent

• Gifted
  • There's someone who cares..
  • Characters: Talent
And after you take 2-3 days to farm it youll be bored again with nothing more to do.
This aint a thread about adding something new but rather about making an easily farmable endgame set......we'll get other server PW syndrome.

people move onto other things

people take breaks

I don't see what's wrong with this

I do think epw could create more weapons armor etc that's delicately tested and doesn't creep things to op level like pwi but people would complain about that too..  people seem to think their boredom with this server is inherently the servers fault

just an observation of mine but when you find yourself being obsessed more with sims like customization of the game (or just logging in and chatting then getting bored and leaving) rather than playing it.. probably time to do something else for a while

all games get that way
+1 :normal-1:

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
Blade and Soul is already declining, Black Desert flopped, EQN prolly won't come out. GW2 game designer retired after a flopped expansion. I think it's pretty obvious that MMORPGs won't survive the next decade. Remember when jumping games like Mario used to be everywhere? Devs moved to shooters because jump n runs died. Same will happen with MMORPGs but devs will move to mobas or competitive shooters because esports is booming right now.
Nah man.
Blade and Soul is probably having one of the best launches in the recent year if not more, incredible amount of people playing/registered.(and it continues to have a strong player base.)

Black Desert didn't quite meet its hopes but it does have a stable player base, and will probably improve in time, potential is there, it's just that the publisher is the same as in Asia (Daum), and they have no clue about the western market. But great hit in Asia.
GW2's game designer quit because he worked at arenanet for 8 years and was given an opportunity to do something else which enables him to spend more time with his family.

GW2 was probably the best mmorpg in the recent years even due to it's age, topping mmorpg charts.
MMORPGs are having a blast, and this is probably their strongest year so far in terms of good releases.
Like I said, the amount of games out there causes the player base to split.

Take LoL for example, it's slowly losing players, people playing Dota2, Smite, Heroes of the Storm, and now Paragon, which is sure to swipe some of the moba market.

So many people, so many different tastes.
Like hell, you still got a nice amount of people playing Wizard101 lmao.

Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 05:50 am by Snow

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Nah man.
Blade and Soul is probably having one of the best launches in the recent year if not more, incredible amount of people playing/registered.(and it continues to have a strong player base.)

Black Desert didn't quite meet its hopes but it does have a stable player base, and will probably improve in time, potential is there, it's just that the publisher is the same as in Asia (Daum), and they have no clue about the western market. But great hit in Asia.
GW2's game designer quit because he worked at arenanet for 8 years and was given an opportunity to do something else which enables him to spend more time with his family.

GW2 was probably the best mmorpg in the recent years even due to it's age, topping mmorpg charts.
MMORPGs are having a blast, and this is probably their strongest year so far in terms of good releases.

Take LoL for example, it's slowly losing players, people playing Dota2, Smite, Heroes of the Storm, and now Paragon, which is sure to swipe some of the moba market.

League hasn't really lost any players, if anything the fanbase for it is growing. More and more people start playing every day (I'm one of the people, surprisingly). So far, it has a 62 million people playerbase (27 million of which log daily) and that number continues to rise. Even if a few million leave that game, there's still going to be massive amounts of people playing LoL. I mean, ffs, so many people play League that it's officially become a "sport." You don't get much more successful than that.
Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 06:48 am by 𝐸𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓂𝑜

Offline Whale

• Moderated
It pains me when people keep saying the new classes haven't been leaked. I have already messaged Agatio about them. He said he has known for SEVEN MONTHS and still hasn't done anything to go forward. I've been playing a server with them, the owner is working on an english patch to bring in a larger player base. His server is unique and fun. Agatio needs to pull it together and get them fast, otherwise he is going to miss out and Epic will die sooner than later. It has been declining ever since the release of r8r as the main gear set.

Zirkon

Nah man.

I agree with you
there are lot of people with different tastes
I highly doubt mmorpgs will die out anytime soon lol
Hell most of us thought pw will die out in around 2012 lol
but its still going barely 

well time will only tell
but it is  true that lot of people are opted to play shooters or moba games now days

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Why are people trying to push the new classes?

Has anyone given it a thought Aga doesn't want them and maybe wants the server to die because it's stressful and wants to move on? 

Just a thought. PW isn't forever.  

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
PW is fine but retards wont come to epw and spend a few weeks to gear up 

Imagine if EPW was slightly easier to gear up on and TheUnion and all of the Russian guilds stayed here

EPW's playerbase would be 10x the size.

Honestly, if we actually got the new classes, we're looking at a doubled playerbase. PW isn't dead by any means, just heavily split.

Offline Ormin

I'm not giving + or -
I'm just saying that the most boring thing is:

Farm mats, reroll, maybe ask if there's some PK, go to sleep.
Tomorrow farm mats, reroll, maybe ask if there's some PK, go to sleep.
And all the same, day by day.

Is rerolling what people think will keep players here?
Would YOU reroll till the end of world?
~~~~~
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time,
but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2016, 08:56 pm by Ormin

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
I'm not giving + or -
I'm just saying that the most boring thing is:

Farm mats, reroll, maybe ask if there's some PK, go to sleep.
Tomorrow farm mats, reroll, maybe ask if there's some PK, go to sleep.
And all the same, day by day.

Is rerolling what people think will keep players here?
Would YOU reroll till the end of world?
Yes. Here's why "most" people would. Have you ever played the lottery? Gambled? Ever seen people who win despite the ridiculous odds stacked against them? This is why we keep rolling. We believe that maybe... JUST MAYBE.... That we will roll something unbelievable. It happens and we've seen many examples of it such as 3 int chests, quad def weps, triple ele legs. People like to believe in something despite the odds. Yes, you're right... It is a waste of time and effort, but we will always ask ourselves "what if?"
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Ormin

Then why they don't stay and do it?
Why they go?

Offline Frost

• MPWGA

Then why they don't stay and do it?
Why they go?

It's more than just rolls. It's the community. There's no point rolling stats to pk when the "pk" isn't even any fun at this point, and before you say "What about all the pve'rs?"... Well if I wanted to only PvE I'd have stayed in official.

Another reason is our lives, which always take priority over games. These times are difficult and we will always find ourselves busier than we should be. Most of us just don't want to dedicate our time to this game, and would rather use it on something worthwhile... Like securing success in the future.

Besides, I quit this game for that exact reason. At this point, I just look occasionally at the forums to see the nolifers still complaining and insulting others, while building their ego's because they have nothing in life going for them. Keeps me entertained during my college classes.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Nebil

• Too Wiredo For You
  • لا إله إلا الله
  • Characters: NebilOS
  • Faction: asylum
-1 thets totaly not true , ppls donte leave game because  there is notthing new in  game or its starting to be boring ... many ppls leave coz they cant gear up fast and go PK , and they go other servers , also some ppls leave coz there is no big guilds or mass PK , or they just dont have time to gear up chars , but I am prtty sure they not leave bcz  there is notthing new . 
btw when u said " notthing new" what did u expect  new classes, new gear ?  dont be ridiculus ... there was new update (145v, S+ cards)  and  there will be one more fashion update . 

☪️☝️لا إله إلا الله☝️☪️
✨🌙🇮🇶🇮🇶🇮🇶🇮🇶✨🌙

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
 Well if I wanted to only PvE I'd have stayed in official.

No you wouldn't.. unless you dig tossing thousands of dollars at a bunch of people that aren't going to do anything meaningful for you except post excuses on the rare occurrence that they actually appear, - furthermore, unless you are R9RRR(or at least G16+ with maxed refined weapon..) you aren't going to get jackcrap done as no one is going to accept you into their squad. I'm PVE only and I love playing PVE on this server. I can't go back to PWI, The hell with that place.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

lulu

No you wouldn't.. unless you dig tossing thousands of dollars at a bunch of people that aren't going to do anything meaningful for you except post excuses on the rare occurrence that they actually appear, - furthermore, unless you are R9RRR(or at least G16+ with maxed refined weapon..) you aren't going to get jackcrap done as no one is going to accept you into their squad. I'm PVE only and I love playing PVE on this server. I can't go back to PWI, The hell with that place.

This. And even IF you did get your R9S3, people still wouldn't accept you until you had min/max'd gear. f*** that.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
That's not completely true. As an old pwi player who never spent a penny on gear, I managed to become endgame. You CAN farm amazing gear, but it requires blood, sweat, and tears to achieve. Here, it doesn't. I believe that's why you find so many people staying in official so much longer. The gap between starting and end-game is ridiculous, as compared to here where it would take months to achieve decent r8. Oh, and about squads... when I was gearing up finding squads and supportive factions was easy. Then again, for a lone player it would probably suck, but pwi's intentions is to force teamwork. Well.... Outside of cash shopping your gear that is. I do agree with your points, and I myself have had "ENOUGH" PvE to last a lifetime.... Even makes playing other mmo's difficult now. I mean, in the end... Private servers don't last very long for the primary reason that we exist(the irony). We pump out player after player handing them more than pwi ever would. Epw imo has lasted this long because it always had something left to achieve, and would still require effort... But eventually, all private servers will fail eventually for the one thing that spawned the creation of them. The want for things much faster.
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2016, 11:38 am by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty