Epic Perfect World

Random error after latest patch

Offline Asstute

After patching yesterday, I was fine, but when I went to open EPW today, I got some random verification error. After I verified through the patcher, I pressed start and immediately after loading, my client threw another error (and kept throwing it each time I Tried to open it). I've never seen any error like this before.

I've attached an image.

Help, tanks ;3

Angel

Edit: it won't even let me attach an image...saying attach_php error. Trying to attach a .png file here.

Edit2: Uploading error has not been resolved but here is a workaround link to it: http://imgur.com/SSXjhLg
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2016, 02:30 pm by _Angel

Angelica

Hello, is there any chance you are using a custom UI and have patched it by mistake instead of the default one?

Offline Asstute

Hello, is there any chance you are using a custom UI and have patched it by mistake instead of the default one?

Hi Sabine xd and no I don't even have custom UI..so nah thats out of the possiblity. Whenever that error message pops up, client closes as soon as I hit ok. I've tried running fixit.bat, verifying like 10 times...idk, never seen this error before.

Angelica

Hi Sabine xd and no I don't even have custom UI..so nah thats out of the possiblity. Whenever that error message pops up, client closes as soon as I hit ok. I've tried running fixit.bat, verifying like 10 times...idk, never seen this error before.
I'm guessing you've also tried a simple reboot. Could you open system restore and check your last restore point date?

Offline Asstute

I'm guessing you've also tried a simple reboot. Could you open system restore and check your last restore point date?

I actually didn't try rebooting, let me try that now. Last restore point was yesterday, but I generally use Norton backup instead of system restore for anything.

Angelica

I actually didn't try rebooting, let me try that now. Last restore point was yesterday, but I generally use Norton backup instead of system restore for anything.
If rebooting didn't work, try Norton backup and restore Windows to yesterday's and try patching again.

Offline Asstute

If rebooting didn't work, try Norton backup and restore Windows to yesterday's and try patching again.

Rebooted, issue wasn't resolved, guess I'll have to use backup. ;s

Offline Asstute

I tried using system restore...no luck once again lol, still throwing the error and no clue why it's happening

Angelica

I tried using system restore...no luck once again lol, still throwing the error and no clue why it's happening
Try installing EPW again in a different path than where it is currently and try patching it.

Offline Asstute

Try installing EPW again in a different path than where it is currently and try patching it.

Was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall... :S

Angelica

Was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall... :S
I was hoping system restore would fix it as well but I don't have any other ideas, only reinstalling. :(

Offline Asstute

GN? Any ideas pls  :normal-46:

Offline Gemini

• Retired Staff Member
  • ⚜ Bookworm ⚜
  • #Courtney♥♥Ansh♥*~#413x7p3kp3k~* ☀ Flowered✿
  • Faction: EPW_Team
GN? Any ideas pls  :normal-46:
Other than re-downloading, i have no idea what else you could try. :(

lulu

Delete backups (you may keep INIs but not custom UIs,) delete client & redownload.