Epic Perfect World

The Best DD EP Guide Ever

Offline Death

• Old Player

Yo, I'm bored so I decided to write a guide on DD EPs.

Many a clueless player have pmed me, “Master letkajenkka, how come you are such an amazing player? Please teach us, master!” And so I have decided to teach you, my faithful followers, the mystical magic of my ways.

The first thing I'd like to consider is the gear and the build suitable for a DD EP.

If you truly want to DD, obviously you will want to have as much magic as possible. I can't recommend adding any points to vitality, even if you'd like to have some more durability, since the benefits of vitality points are pretty crappy on an EP. There are better ways to increase tankiness.

Channeling is another important stat. How much channeling you need in order to be somewhat effective depends on your cultivation. Sage Magic Shell will give you a short channeling boost, so you can get away with having like 70+ -chan. If you want to go Demon, you'll need much more -chan – most preferably -98% (I've heard that -99% is glitched).

Physical Damage Reduce: The more of it you have, the less likely you are to die miserably against physical classes. If you are confident in your DD abilities, you can get away with having none on your R8 as long as you drop your opponent before they can drop you. If you're not into kamikaze, feel free to get some rpd.

It is not a bad thing if you have a bit of strength on your ornies since you can then restat your base str to magic. Dexterity, however, is perfectly useless.

Weapon: If you want to DD in UV(D), you'll only really need one or two R8 weapons.

If you want to DD, you'll need an attack lvl R8 wep. The more attack levels, the merrier.

A purify weapon might be useful for fighting sins, some venos and whatever annoys you with too much stuns. Personally, I have terrible luck with Purify procs so I just go with attack wep and pray that I time my skills right.

Using the -16% (or sth) Dragon wep is not recommended, unless you don't have any decent R8 wep atm.

If you have the spare EC and/or if you want to occasionally support, also get a good defense wep (as much defense lvl as you can get + rpd). Getting out of UVD might be a good idea in some situations.

Now, the most important part of the guide: the skills.

I will start with listing the skills I find the most useful for DD Eps.

Offensive skills:

Primal Cyclone: If you're in UVD, this is your essential damage skill.
Elven Boon: Deals nice damage, casts fast, heals you and has a chance to silence your target. Amazing stuff. For lazy gameplay, make a macro with Primal Cyclone and Elven Boon.

Magical Shackle: “Has a chance to inflict damage each time the target attacks or uses abilities.” It's most useful on APS characters such as some archers and sins. You can spark to increase the damage dealt. If your opponent ignores this debuff, he or she will either help you kill him or herself or outright commit suicide.

Plume Shot and Razor Feathers: I don't use them very often, but they might be good against AA classes. Probably.

Mark of Weakness: It damages the target, ignoring stuff like SoG (think Absorb Soul), and inflicts a status effect that makes crits more likely. A good skill to use on a tankier target or in certain situations.

Wield Thunder: Personally, I'm not a fan of this skill. If you are demon, it'll have an effect of reducing the target's metal defense, but idk.

Aurora Blast/Aurora Burst: Absorbs healing; if your target is being healed by EP/Mystic skills, using this skill might be beneficial. What is even more beneficial is killing the EP/Mystic. The skill also heals you.

Siren's Kiss: Well, it's an AoE skill. It might be useful. Sometimes.

Tempest: It's a horrible skill. It costs two sparks, casts half an hour and doesn't even do great damage.

Thunderball: I'm struggling to find any uses for this skill. If you have any tips regarding this skill, please let me know.

Defensive skills: I will only list the skills that are usable in UVD.

Plume Shell: Use it whenever you're attacked by somebody who uses physical attacks. Sage version absorbs more damage, demon version costs less chi.

Elven Boon: Well, it's a double/triple duty skill.

Purify: Removes some debuffs. Demon version doesn't cost chi, sage version is more spammable. I prefer the demon version.

Aurora Blast/Aurora Burst: It heals you, kind of like Wellspring Surge.

Pious Blessing: I rarely use this skill because it's one of those 'too awesome to use' skills, lol. If within 12 seconds your health drops to 0, instead of dying you get healed to 50% and all debuffs are removed from you. Kinda like a timed Resurrection :p It casts quick, has a cooldown of 45 secs, so feel free to use it against more difficult opponents.

Wings of Protection: It absorbs up to 20% of your or your target's health (yes, it can be used on allies). Reminds me of Leaf Shield (genie skill). Unfortunately, it has a 60 sec cooldown.

Guardian Light: Something of a 'too awesome to use' skill. For 10 seconds you take 60% less damage and are 30% faster, but... the cooldown is 300 freaking seconds. I hardly ever use it outside of TW.

Stuns/Seals:

Silent Seal/Chromatic Seal/Seal of God: Silent Seal is the only normal stun. Chromatic Seal will sleep the target, but the target will wake up whenever he or she is hit, so think before you use it in anything other than 1v1. SoG will pretty much temporally remove the target from the battle, unless you have a friendly Mystic around – Absorb Soul can damage sogged targets, and so can your MoW.

That's it for now. If you've read the entire guide, congratulations, you must have been bored.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to drop a comment. I'll probably edit this guide later.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
do you also own a minecraft : let's play channel?
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Death

• Old Player
do you also own a minecraft : let's play channel?
No, I hate Minecraft. Why?

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
you forgot a point....

If you wanna play DD cleric first of all GO UNINSTALL THE GAME AGAIN!!!

LOL DD clerics... learn your role pls :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
you forgot a point....

If you wanna play DD cleric first of all GO UNINSTALL THE GAME AGAIN!!!

LOL DD clerics... learn your role pls :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:
you forgot a point....

If you wanna play CON barb in SZ first of all GO UNINSTALL THE GAME AGAIN!!!

LOL CON barb SZ... learn your role pls :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Just an add on to your defensive section
The physical buff gives a 100% added defense for 10 seconds and can be spammed.
The demon buffs version can be used as defensive as well since it has a chance to give chi.
While on the offensive side
Since eps don't have many skills to attack with wield thunder is an important skill to be used. Being demon of course has more benefits with it but the sage version still hurts a good amount as well, especially if you're full dd.
While tempest costs two sparks the sage version has a chance 50% to decrease it to one spark and the demon version has a chance to freeze the target in place for a couple of seconds. Like said, all the skills are good if you're full dd.
Just some information or something to add on idk.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
you forgot a point....

are u retarded already or just stupid?
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
you forgot a point....

:normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Holy Wield Thunder has % to give chi (need more posts than malpraxis thx)

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up

i feel like i'm dead

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
agreed man malpraxis go take a rest and stop posting on forums