Epic Perfect World

Scripting - the situation from what I understood

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Yes because any logical DD barb is going to be sage

You clearly have some sort of issue if you're going to start comparing a sin's damage to a barbarians

This is now a thread invaded by randoms that believe their opinions are worth something

& for the record, you're an idiot. I've said multiple times that if things were balanced after a major balance patch I'd be 100% fine with barbarian's losing/nerfing defense, that however would only happen is the board was evened out and a Sin/MG isn't able to 123 a player simply because they have broken gear stats.

The fact that at the end of the day a fully geared sin (in 1v1) will out-tank a barbarian (not taking invoke into consideration) is kind of sad considering sin's were designed to be glass cannons and EPW has made them one of the/if not the most versatile classes in all of Perfect World.
The only diff between wb and sin dmg is that sin has mobility (big one) and the aps debuff
If u'd be hitting 3.33 constantly u'd be killing sins easy too
Reason why some wbs once they get 3spark on and knockdown make the sin expel/ad
U cant tank it
Sin doesnt tank the inc dmg vs wb, its cc'ed or nulified by life hunter
U hit what, 2-3k ? 5.00, 1knockdown would fck any sin up if he wouldnt react, but whenever u spark u r already sent back to 2,50 lol
Its life hunter spam that gives u no chance
Example : full 1k str wb can make sin panic even in def set (tickle jew example)
So with or without 25% dmg redce from spark, u'd be losing anyway coz u'd get cc'ed

Offline harpoonist☆

• Man the harpoons!
  • Characters: harpoonist, FreedWilly
  • Faction: WhaleDestroyers
The only diff between wb and sin dmg is that sin has mobility (big one) and the aps debuff
If u'd be hitting 3.33 constantly u'd be killing sins easy too
Reason why some wbs once they get 3spark on and knockdown make the sin expel/ad
U cant tank it
Sin doesnt tank the inc dmg vs wb, its cc'ed or nulified by life hunter
U hit what, 2-3k ? 5.00, 1knockdown would fck any sin up if he wouldnt react, but whenever u spark u r already sent back to 2,50 lol
Its life hunter spam that gives u no chance
Example : full 1k str wb can make sin panic even in def set (tickle jew example)
So with or without 25% dmg redce from spark, u'd be losing anyway coz u'd get cc'ed
tickle got Hi 1.1k maybe 1.2k, the onli other barb that came close to that was Coward. The other ones with like 1k-1.1k like pokie, king, and I think pib barb, forgot name would probably have problems with new age sins, the ones with full def sets, because, which sin actually keep atk gears on once tidal is down? sins are tanks, and I wanna see a hi str dph barb take one on, and I bet that sin can tank him

Offline Explicit

• Retired
  • Characters: Exclusive / Explicit
  • Faction: Tyrant OG Playmaker

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.

Offline Death

• Old Player
How to get rid of scripting lag? Whenever sb near me scripts my screen freezes for a few seconds  :'(

Also why is it that I've never died due to the above? Does my char disconnect from the server for that time or is it because scripters suck?

Angelica

How to get rid of scripting lag? Whenever sb near me scripts my screen freezes for a few seconds  :'(

Also why is it that I've never died due to the above? Does my char disconnect from the server for that time or is it because scripters suck?
You can get rid of the lag by turning on simple models in the Optimization menu:

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Feels good to be a scripter

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Where was my rek tho? Ops
All I see is your terrible ass attempt to insult.  Keep going boo  :-*
The struggle to make a relevant statement is real, or are you just mad you're losing in PK while half of us aren't even bothered to log?

Offline ★Kera

• ★ ★ Supremacist ★ ★
  • Characters: wasdfz - BigDKera - Supremacist - Cyberdkx - SUPREMACY -SirFuxYourGf
  • Faction: 10 INCHES
So today I 1v1'd for the first time in ages. In the last 9 months I've been on and off playing the game I finally decided to try playing again.
I'm currently playing a 3.33 sin, with okayish DPH gear. That seems to not be enough since I'm hitting some random Russian sin for 1k with dph gear while he's hitting 10k crits with aps dags. This is currently worse than what happened when I used to 1v1 zFIashx, in fact it's nowhere near that level. That Russian sin just afk tanked, not giving a sht, then won the 1v1 just by simply 3 sparking and 3-4 shotting me.

I used to think Domgrath was a pussy for starting to script just because he met other scripters but now I fully understand why he and others do it.

These are questions to Agatio (or anyone who can explain):
How the hell did this happen? I remember sin v sin 1v1s being on average 2 minutes long (assuming equal skill level) and being a good show of ''skills'' at that point in time. Sin v sin used to be so enjoyable (and probably other classes too).

Is there even any point of asking what can be done to fix this? I'm aware of anti-cheats being impossible to implement here...any ideas at all?
it gets harder i guess, specially if you are a dph sin !!.. but i dunno i guess your gear is pure shit cause with proper lock and dmg you will be able to kill 95% a scripter in his def gear not to mention if you are skilled and outplayed caught him in atk gear... 
On point, ye scripting suck 1v1s lasts too long now, most of the time when i 1v1 factored players we 1v1 no def items, or def weapon only used, or dragon gear and all atk items.. and its fun af !!!! 
We play with the toys god bestow on us;'.

Offline Death

• Old Player
You can get rid of the lag by turning on simple models in the Optimization menu:

So basically I have to use simple models whenever I leave sz? :( Is it possible to at least update the simple model faces so that they don't look like stuff from nightmares?

Angelica

So basically I have to use simple models whenever I leave sz? :( Is it possible to at least update the simple model faces so that they don't look like stuff from nightmares?
Honestly the lag doesn't appear near anyone who scripts but only a few people who switch an extreme amount of gears, so I don't come across this issue that often, but yeah if you're around these people a lot it's recommended to use it
Also you can tell them to reduce the lag for others by following this guide: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=30267.0

Offline Death

• Old Player
Honestly the lag doesn't appear near anyone who scripts but only a few people who switch an extreme amount of gears, so I don't come across this issue that often, but yeah if you're around these people a lot it's recommended to use it
Also you can tell them to reduce the lag for others by following this guide: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=30267.0
Tbh if I were a scripter, I would be happy if that made other people lag. Easier win for me. :police:

Offline Explicit

• Retired
  • Characters: Exclusive / Explicit
  • Faction: Tyrant OG Playmaker
You are very helpful Sabine now ec me please 

Offline 3

• Old Player
nah iFuking sweatkids without script LmfaE, bad players are still bad guy cya