Epic Perfect World

Scripting - the situation from what I understood

Offline Areashi

• Banned
So today I 1v1'd for the first time in ages. In the last 9 months I've been on and off playing the game I finally decided to try playing again.
I'm currently playing a 3.33 sin, with okayish DPH gear. That seems to not be enough since I'm hitting some random Russian sin for 1k with dph gear while he's hitting 10k crits with aps dags. This is currently worse than what happened when I used to 1v1 zFIashx, in fact it's nowhere near that level. That Russian sin just afk tanked, not giving a sht, then won the 1v1 just by simply 3 sparking and 3-4 shotting me. 

I used to think Domgrath was a pussy for starting to script just because he met other scripters but now I fully understand why he and others do it.

These are questions to Agatio (or anyone who can explain):
How the hell did this happen? I remember sin v sin 1v1s being on average 2 minutes long (assuming equal skill level) and being a good show of ''skills'' at that point in time. Sin v sin used to be so enjoyable (and probably other classes too).

Is there even any point of asking what can be done to fix this? I'm aware of anti-cheats being impossible to implement here...any ideas at all?

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
dragon v dragon 1v1's, but advantages to certain classes. Some people do do them, but then again pw just boring game now so ye just script dude, sht is easy 

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Try hards made this, try hards going to destroy this world and everything inside it.

My damage log collection NEW
I (and 72865725692 other people) have already asked the same stuff before. I think I don't need to explain what the answer was. If you can't beat them...

Offline Areashi

• Banned
I (and 72865725692 other people) have already asked the same stuff before. I think I don't need to explain what the answer was. If you can't beat them...
Because literally this feels like one of the ugliest ''cheats'' I've ever fought against in any online game.

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
That's why most people retired 1v1ing

Because literally this feels like one of the ugliest ''cheats'' I've ever fought against in any online game.
I know. Want a cookie to feel better?

darkfe321

So many try hards on 12 year old game lmfao

Offline Kofte

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Kofte & Barz
Just script aswell or don't even bother 1v1ing..

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
1st of all
Any russian sin has atleast 12pieces switched into def
Basically the worst case
If u want fun , talk to sins to not use def at all or reduce it to a def weap only
(Without a def weap atleast u will gonna hiero bug eachothers like brainless coz cards added too much dmg or too much defence, not balance these in 1 set)
Or just give up 1v1ing until aga touches cards/rings
Related to the main question
How did it happen? People started switching small amounts for a little advantage, with time the advantage has been lost due to others doing it too and all slowly grew up to be maximum pieces switched, the difference being made by who has more pieces 6% reduce and who has 2/3def orns 
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2016, 07:08 pm by Seby

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
No need for tears cos you cannot beat zGodx h e h e 

Offline Kofte

• Forum Veteran
No need for tears cos you cannot beat zGodx h e h e
No need for useless comments he he

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
No need for useless comments he he
Sorry who are you? No need for useless player h e h e

Offline Kofte

• Forum Veteran
Sorry who are you? No need for useless player h e h e
You're wrong

kitty stew

agatio can't detect nor control the scripting apps people use

any fixes would be done as in-game changes, such as restricting gear, eliminating cards, figuring out how to prevent switching gear in battle, etc.

anyways, the discussion of scripts and their effect isn't whining.. domgrath's topics (i.e. nerf every class but mine) -are- whining, and the fact that winning in a game means so much that he'd be a massive hypocrite and use scripts while bitching about them
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2016, 07:23 pm by kitty stew