Epic Perfect World

Gear Suggestions

Offline Glory49

The only suggestions i could think of is to remove cape from all classes, how is it fair that some classes can use cape but others cant? especially seekers, barbs and bms, if they stay in def gear they CANNOT be killed. Another improvement would be to restrict a class from using 2 of the same rings that dont compliment their class (HA class using 2 mdef rings, or AA class using 2 pdef rings) As people already camp a ton of def with r8 + script and this just makes them impossible to be killed unless they leave def. As for the r8, i think it should be kept, it makes the server more fun where you dont end a 1v1 in 20 seconds with a lucky stun on tidal or, watching AA's herio every HA/LA class. Especially the fact that a wiz can already 1shot or herio anyone with genie spark on full def... People are just complaining because they expect to kill another class with just skill spamming / apsing because they lack the skill to time skills and catch another player out of def. Also, why isnt there any gear that gives RMDT? Tome, cape and puzzle (Physical and ELEMENTAL!!) All give RPDT whilst nothing gives RMDT... If at the very least make elemental puzzle give RMDT. Thankssss :P :P :P

Offline Death

• Old Player
I didn't read your post but I'm against the idea of introducing RMDT to accesories. It's already pretty difficult to kill tanky characters as a metal mage, no need to make it even more of a pain in the butt.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Basically nothing will happen because the GM's have no idea what PK is like and even admitted this themselves. 

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Cape will have ~750 vit requirement put, about rings it's not decided yet.

OmegaRa

Man what just class limit it to WR/EP/WF/Mystic!!!!

Edit:

What is the reasoning of 750 vit? Wouldn't class limiting it be more viable....

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Why not just class restrict it, along with the rings?
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016, 02:22 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
Man what just class limit it to WR/EP/WF/Mystic!!!!

Edit:

What is the reasoning of 750 vit? Wouldn't class limiting it be more viable....
Yes because barbs totally shouldn't use a defense cape. Shut the *** up dude, honestly it's people like you that limit this server and enable scripting. You can't have super defense and super offensive ability it's improbable and unnatural. Vit requirement allows it to be used as a DEF item not a OH ILL SCRIPT INTO ATTK THEN DEF IN 0.5 SECONDS

Aga as you see above is two perfect examples of scripters wanting the best of both worlds, vit REQ means builds actually matter again.

Restrict Magic rings to classes like EA and magic classes. Restrict physical rings to physical classes. (Give barb magic ring though since you refuse to give us 15% RMD like SEEKER AND BM)

PS: WF isn't a healer or support class it's a primary DD and shouldn't have a dragon cape in the first place. I cringed. 
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016, 11:44 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Belkas

I didn't read your post but I'm against the idea of introducing RMDT to accesories. It's already pretty difficult to kill tanky characters as a metal mage, no need to make it even more of a pain in the butt.
Please leave.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
thats neat, thx

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
"I didn't read your post but I disagree"
/r/autism

less def items please , dragon gear 1v1s prove how much more fun and challenging it is when you have to rely on survival skills rather than afk tanking/wanking , 900-100 vit cape pls( or remove)

also add a single card set that gives a mix of attack and def thx
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016, 11:55 am by Kiddo
i feel like i'm dead

OmegaRa

Yes because barbs totally shouldn't use a defense cape. Shut the *** up dude, honestly it's people like you that limit this server and enable scripting. You can't have super defense and super offensive ability it's improbable and unnatural. Vit requirement allows it to be used as a DEF item not a OH ILL SCRIPT INTO ATTK THEN DEF IN 0.5 SECONDS

Aga as you see above is two perfect examples of scripters wanting the best of both worlds, vit REQ means builds actually matter again.

Restrict Magic rings to classes like EA and magic classes. Restrict physical rings to physical classes. (Give barb magic ring though since you refuse to give us 15% RMD like SEEKER AND BM)
Relax and be open to opinions other than your own, altering yourself gets you nowhere.
I'm  looking at it from a support class in mass PvP perspective. DD classes do not need any more damage hence class limiting capes would technically be more viable, as the classes I have above listed( with perhaps the exception of Mystic/ Wf in certain instances)
,are not heavy damagers in the least, unless you like seeing WRS APS in mass PK as a Scripter.... or an EP metal mage in PK.... that's absolutely absurd, but that's just my perspective.
Going Vit hinders a WRS weapon use age massive, adding 200 vit to *my* stats for example would make me unable to either a. Wear R8 Axes b. R8 swords or c. Wear R8 Fists  given I'd have to take points from somewhere, essentially hindering a playstyle by about 35%.
Now yes, of course I can use other weapons of lower requirements to be able to cast the skill I need to cast with said weapon path I lose, but if anything the Cape would be the least of the issues when other factors play a larger role when it comes to balance.
If it's already in the plans to go vit for the Cape then I'll accept the change,  but I simply asked for Agatio's reasoning,  hence the edit.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Wrong thread, delete this thx.
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016, 12:14 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Relax and be open to opinions other than your own, altering yourself gets you nowhere.
I'm  looking at it from a support class in mass PvP perspective. DD classes do not need any more damage hence class limiting capes would technically be more viable, as the classes I have above listed( with perhaps the exception of Mystic/ Wf in certain instances)
,are not heavy damagers in the least, unless you like seeing WRS APS in mass PK as a Scripter.... or an EP metal mage in PK.... that's absolutely absurd, but that's just my perspective.
Going Vit hinders a WRS weapon use age massive, adding 200 vit to *my* stats for example would make me unable to either a. Wear R8 Axes b. R8 swords or c. Wear R8 Fists  given I'd have to take points from somewhere, essentially hindering a playstyle by about 35%.
Now yes, of course I can use other weapons of lower requirements to be able to cast the skill I need to cast with said weapon path I lose, but if anything the Cape would be the least of the issues when other factors play a larger role when it comes to balance.
If it's already in the plans to go vit for the Cape then I'll accept the change,  but I simply asked for Agatio's reasoning,  hence the edit.
This was discussed time and time again, and the consensus after each thread regarding capes was that class-restricting them (aside from obvious classes like MG/Sin) would be a bad idea, because then it would actually be limiting people gear-wise.
However, a vitality requirement allows these items to be used to all the classes that they aren't restricted for, obviously this would kill off the idea of an EA using a defense cape, however for other classes like WR, WB, Venomancer, Mystic, Etc, it would force them to pick an actual build to play.
Example, currently a venomancer can be full magic (DD) and script into full defense gears, then back to full channeling armor instantly... As a primary DD.
That's not balanced, that's not right. A vit requirement would force the user to adapt to their role. Wanna be a support WF? You need to stat to vit, you'll lose your offensive edge. Same goes for mystic, psychic, etc.

Offline Glory49

PS: WF isn't a healer or support class it's a primary DD and shouldn't have a dragon cape in the first place. I cringed.
Finally someone with some logic

OmegaRa

This was discussed time and time again, and the consensus after each thread regarding capes was that class-restricting them (aside from obvious classes like MG/Sin) would be a bad idea, because then it would actually be limiting people gear-wise.
However, a vitality requirement allows these items to be used to all the classes that they aren't restricted for, obviously this would kill off the idea of an EA using a defense cape, however for other classes like WR, WB, Venomancer, Mystic, Etc, it would force them to pick an actual build to play.
Example, currently a venomancer can be full magic (DD) and script into full defense gears, then back to full channeling armor instantly... As a primary DD.
That's not balanced, that's not right. A vit requirement would force the user to adapt to their role. Wanna be a support WF? You need to stat to vit, you'll lose your offensive edge. Same goes for mystic, psychic, etc.
What can I say, I'm a mass PKer. I find myself benefitting more from accuracy  (def) and Pdef (STR) while vit is only a hindrance from my experience. I recall our first TW against Artifex I went full vit simply to be frustrated because of our Poleaxe's high str requirement and my lack of that amount. 
I feel like it's a shame it is going to be implemented as such and there's no way around it, but if it's already planned to be this way then I suppose it is fine.