Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
i can make u 3int boot bro
chinese photoshop master?

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
aga did a  great job with r8 and gears overall
only problem is that people thought of abusing some features designed for other classes (like AA helm on LA/HA and so on)
restrictions are only thing that gotta happen  = )
chinese photoshop master?

i dont understand how my 3x int boots point is ignored . You dont have endgame r8 items and you want new . Using phone comparisons , there is iPhone6 but youre using iPhone3 and say there needs to be an iPhone10
I dont have an archer that;s level 150. So no point talking about creating r8 for a toon i dont have. He made referrence to the real world, i was trying to reciprocate in a way he would understand. My issue isnt my gear, it's the people scripting 14 pieces of gear in an instant. Creating a new set of gear would restrict that to a certain extent and make pk slightly more fair. I'm happy with my r8 and i make changes to improve it based on what i want not based on what is hard to get or what i think will help me kill everything.

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
I dont have an archer that;s level 150. So no point talking about creating r8 for a toon i dont have. He made referrence to the real world, i was trying to reciprocate in a way he would understand. My issue isnt my gear, it's the people scripting 14 pieces of gear in an instant. Creating a new set of gear would restrict that to a certain extent and make pk slightly more fair. I'm happy with my r8 and i make changes to improve it based on what i want not based on what is hard to get or what i think will help me kill everything.
If gms would start banning, ppl would stop scripting. It's that simple. Don't tell me it's hard to find out if someone is scripting when he suddenly has 20 pieces of def gear on while he's stunned or something

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
as Sebi said , theres other parts to deal with than r8 , affecting r8 will mess stuff up
as Sebi said , theres other parts to deal with than r8 , affecting r8 will mess stuff up
As i said, psy in white with def ornies cant tank my sin. Psy with reduce phys damage on gear and def ornies can tank 3 people including my sin. If you dont think having reduce phys/mag on your r8 is beneficial to the point of it being a problem, why is it that everyone running around with def set has thos  stats multiple times on their gear?

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
As i said, psy in white with def ornies cant tank my sin. Psy with reduce phys damage on gear and def ornies can tank 3 people including my sin. If you dont think having reduce phys/mag on your r8 is beneficial to the point of it being a problem, why is it that everyone running around with def set has thos  stats multiple times on their gear?
then youre saying rmdt and rpdt on r8 is the problem , not r8 set in general
then youre saying rmdt and rpdt on r8 is the problem , not r8 set in general
The problem is the defensive benefits of r8 gear vs the time it takes for people to switch to attack gear and then back to r8 def gear. No one that pk's regularly has one set of r8 gear. My issue was never r8 gear in general but the way people have abused it to the point of where it is at today. Hence the reason another gear set would be beneficial. 

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
The problem is the defensive benefits of r8 gear vs the time it takes for people to switch to attack gear and then back to r8 def gear. No one that pk's regularly has one set of r8 gear. My issue was never r8 gear in general but the way people have abused it to the point of where it is at today. Hence the reason another gear set would be beneficial.
Imo using def is fine even with script . Would be lame if everyone could get randomly 1hit , kinda lose value as individual player
Imo using def is fine even with script . Would be lame if everyone could get randomly 1hit , kinda lose value as individual player
Everyone is entitled to their opinion :D
And you're one of the best kiting pk'ers I've seen. So ranodm 1 hits would be an issue for you, if people could catch you. I'd figured you'd be all for something like this where people's defence gear was mitigated. Then again chances are you kill people through defence most of the time anyway so any restriction on the type of gear you use would be more of an issue than the restrictions on other peoples gear. Like i said at the start, this was only a suggestion since most seem to be unhappy with scripting, based off the multiple "stop the script" threads out there. This suggestion was one i thought that would really change the pvp style and mind set currently out there. If you dont have a problem with the mindset or the way things are then this suggestion has no meaning to you and i can understand why you would be against the change. :)

OmegaRa

And you're one of the best kiting pk'ers I've seen. So ranodm 1 hits would be an issue for you, if people could catch you. I'd figured you'd be all for something like this where people's defence gear was mitigated. Then again chances are you kill people through defence most of the time anyway so any restriction on the type of gear you use would be more of an issue than the restrictions on other peoples gear. Like i said at the start, this was only a suggestion since most seem to be unhappy with scripting, based off the multiple "stop the script" threads out there. This suggestion was one i thought that would really change the pvp style and mind set currently out there. If you dont have a problem with the mindset or the way things are then this suggestion has no meaning to you and i can understand why you would be against the change. :)
I catch Kid eZ

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Without def gears there are so many things you cant do , gameplay would honestly get more boring for me then because would rely too much on cooldowns. For example would have to stay back if genie down cuz if get stunned then dead, not optimal to stack movement immunes just because genie down and cant risk getting stunned lol... I dont mind other high def campers in masspk/rpk either , its just a smart thing to do there

In anything besides 1v1 , def gears add a lot of individual player value , but in 1v1 id much rather have just weapon + orna + tome switch xD , tried 1v1ing with just wep switch and it does feel much more fun and skill based. Could make it an honor thing between the better players to not script in 1v1, but i guess thats easy for me to say with -95 r8 lmao
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016, 12:47 am by Burdette

Lulu

r9 is too op - no matter what you do with it it won't be implemented. besides, r8 is best.

Offline 3

• Old Player
just make a tt99/cv/r8 1.3.6 server and get 999999999 xtremetop100 votes and we will get t3h b3st b4l4nc3d p3rfect w3rld pr1v4te server ev0r l3l0

(ill beat you on it anyways LmfaE)

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
No please.
No way in hell i'll go around farming another gear set.
I did not join a private server to spend my online time farming. If i would have wanted that i coulda stayed on official.