Epic Perfect World

Gear Suggestion

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Just saying, nothing is going to be done about the gear switching. There is literally no point mentioning it since majority of the "good" players use it. And balance the r9. Change the stats suited to the classes. If everyone is in r9 gear that has set stats based on class then the server will actually be about classes strengths and weaknesses not about gear.
Doesn't matter. By changing r8 you'd be ruining the game for EVERYONE. Nobody would want to continue to play after everything they worked for was removed. The server would die. You can't make these type of changes, especially so far into to epw's lifespan. 
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
this is suggestion coming from people u never meet in pk what's the point of this lmfao
i feel like i'm dead

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
-1, if you want r9 go to another server.

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
this is suggestion coming from people u never meet in pk what's the point of this lmfao

he was in artifex with us.. ijs.. just cause u dont recognize the forum acct doesnt mean u never see them in pk.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy
its not about people not wanting balance
but r9 as a whole set is way worse
also
adding a new set of gears which would surpass what we have at this point will cause a huge loss of players, oposite of what every1 wants to do, make pvp more enjoyable /increase or keep the activity
suggestions have been made regarding balance and were voted by majority as good changes , at this point is all up to the new patch which will bring 'pvp changes'
How is 1 set of r9 worse than switching def and attack sets of r8? Also, doesn't have to be r9 from pwi. Doesn't even have to be r9. Just another set of gear for people to work towards that makes switching to def gear pointless if it's r8. What vote are you referring to? Sad i missed it :(

I don't know what pvp changes will bring, i sincerely hope its something amazing but if it's a big change people will rage. If it's a small change nothing will be fixed. Still, i hope for big changes

Angelica

I understand completely. I've been working constantly on my barb's gear since i started. Is it really so hard to work on another set of gear? This game is meant to be about farming for gear to get to pvp effectively. Currently you have people that can run around in a squad of 2 and easily take out a squad of 5 or 6. Sure it's fun for the 2 but that's 5 or 6 people that stop going out of sz when "OP" people are around. And now we have rarely anyone out of sz compared to how it was a few years back. I'm incredibly attached to my sin, barb and psy's r8 stats but at the end of the day this is a game and it needs to progress before it completely dies out. Give people something to work towards and give new people a reason to come to this server.
The things is that most have another aim in the game I guess; most will want to pvp. This is a private server, so I don't think the point of it should be the gear farm in general. It does take a while, but after getting whatever you can work with, you'll most likely get into pvp, since if you didn't you'd probably be on PWI instead for pve. Nobody in this game has really maxed out perfect stats on everything, so if they really want something to work on, there is always something to perfect in r8 gears
If you want the new set of gears to be easily obtainable, where does the "this game is meant to be about farming for gear" statement go? If you want people to work for it, what difference does it make to r8 anyway? I don't really understand

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable

he was in artifex with us.. ijs.. just cause u dont recognize the forum acct doesnt mean u never see them in pk.
pking in ns doesnt count , and also why would i want to farm for another set of gears when 90% of people only log to pk because they already got made gear, if it wasn't the case almost all of them would never bother to log, including myself
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Every new gear possibility will most likely get denied because of the amount of ec some people spent on their r8 gears. Some have tried before, but most were against it
This...

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
How is 1 set of r9 worse than switching def and attack sets of r8? Also, doesn't have to be r9 from pwi. Doesn't even have to be r9. Just another set of gear for people to work towards that makes switching to def gear pointless if it's r8. What vote are you referring to? Sad i missed it :(

I don't know what pvp changes will bring, i sincerely hope its something amazing but if it's a big change people will rage. If it's a small change nothing will be fixed. Still, i hope for big changes
if u'd make r8 ''def'' pointless then whats the point of r8?  and how would u make r8 def pointless? add 1 more set with.. more dmg? or more defence? yea coz that'd be good! : D
the 2 sets present on epw at this point are fine, r8 and dragon armor
problems are in rings not being restricted, def cards on DDs and scripting as an overall view
The things is that most have another aim in the game I guess; most will want to pvp. This is a private server, so I don't think the point of it should be the gear farm in general. It does take a while, but after getting whatever you can work with, you'll most likely get into pvp, since if you didn't you'd probably be on PWI instead for pve. Nobody in this game has really maxed out perfect stats on everything, so if they really want something to work on, there is always something to perfect in r8 gears
If you want the new set of gears to be easily obtainable, where does the "this game is meant to be about farming for gear" statement go? If you want people to work for it, what difference does it make to r8 anyway? I don't really understand
I never said anything about making it easy or hard to get. My full quote was "this game is meant to be about farming for gear to pk effectively" which correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't that what everyone's main point against this change is? They've worked so hard to get their gear where it is so why change it? PWI was pve for those unable to get r999 gear. It is also a completely different game to this one so mentioning it is kind of silly. The idea isnt to work for the r9, it's to balance pk.. I mentioned working for it in response to people saying it would kill off an already inactive server. 
Sorry for confusion

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I can't be bothered to even farm good R8 gears, and you expect to farm R9 now too?   >:(

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
I never said anything about making it easy or hard to get. My full quote was "this game is meant to be about farming for gear to pk effectively" which correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't that what everyone's main point against this change is? They've worked so hard to get their gear where it is so why change it? PWI was pve for those unable to get r999 gear. It is also a completely different game to this one so mentioning it is kind of silly. The idea isnt to work for the r9, it's to balance pk.. I mentioned working for it in response to people saying it would kill off an already inactive server.
Sorry for confusion
if you want to farm then make an EA and go farm yourself 3x int boots , youll have enough farming to do til EPW close :)

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
if you want to farm then make an EA and go farm yourself 3x int boots , youll have enough farming to do til EPW close :)
nah go make sin and try gof 3x int : )  even worse
if u'd make r8 ''def'' pointless then whats the point of r8?  and how would u make r8 def pointless? add 1 more set with.. more dmg? or more defence? yea coz that'd be good! : D
the 2 sets present on epw at this point are fine, r8 and dragon armor
problems are in rings not being restricted, def cards on DDs and scripting as an overall view
 A psy in white vodoo with def rings and orns dies to my sin. A psy in white vodoo with def rings and orns + reduce phys damage on their gear tanks my sin... As well as 3 other people. And my point is to make r8 pointless. The whole point of adding a new gear set is to replace the previous one. And why do you say scripting is a problem? Nothing is going to be done about it so we have to live with it. Therefore, change the gear type being used and voila, people cant script 14 pieces of gear, just cards, ring, cape and tome. I'd take someone with defence ornies over defence r8 anyday.