Epic Perfect World

Playoff suggestion

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
Limiting gear would be worth a shot.. it begs the question.. is playoffs about who is the best/most skilled player or the player with the best gear.. The event would be much more fun if u could go into it with a chance at winning whereas how it is now your only chance at winning is being an endgame wizzy or sin.  what could it hurt to try something new?? gm's might have to withstand some sin tantrums..but that happens either way..
Limiting classes is not the solution to this, if you look at the playoffs thread and get a few pages back, you'll see that playoffs nowadays are not won by the same classes, but by the same people playing those classes, hence sin/mage, you'll see that there's not only sin or mage who's winning playoffs

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
Also limiting classes won't do much, probably will increase the time to set up playoffs since there isn't that many of some classes that actually go, like wr, ep and ea it's actually pretty rare that more than 2 of those classes go to the events. At least that's how it looks, idk about what classes pm the gm hosts.

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
i think u have missed the point.. if things were changed.. by either limiting gear ie. dragon only, or limiting classes ie. say.. no more than 8 can be same class.. maybe it would open the event up to OTHER people.. it might bring back the fun to the event. it would def bring back the fun in watching the event.. you all fight change so much.. like it would end your little pixel worlds when it might just open it up a little. and besides.. these are playoffs right.. the best of the best.. all this resistance kinda seems like you are scared of a fair fight.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
I'm not fighting change, I've actually sent a list of things to a GM to at least think about fixing playoffs.
but seriously, what's the point in making it dragon gear only? So many people work for their gear to fight others just to be told not to use it. Plus the fact that it's not an advantage in anyway, it's in fact a huge disadvantage for such classes that are pretty much based on ct. Losing all the ct from r8 is just giving the advantage to yet again classes like sins, wb and wr. 

Offline Jaye

Limiting classes is not the solution to this, if you look at the playoffs thread and get a few pages back, you'll see that playoffs nowadays are not won by the same classes, but by the same people playing those classes, hence sin/mage, you'll see that there's not only sin or mage who's winning playoffs

Quote from: Eve on Today at 01:07:41 pm
Limiting gear would be worth a shot.. it begs the question.. is playoffs about who is the best/most skilled player or the player with the best gear.. The event would be much more fun if u could go into it with a chance at winning whereas how it is now your only chance at winning is being an endgame wizzy or sin.  what could it hurt to try something new?? gm's might have to withstand some sin tantrums..but that happens either way..

Also limiting classes won't do much, probably will increase the time to set up playoffs since there isn't that many of some classes that actually go, like wr, ep and ea it's actually pretty rare that more than 2 of those classes go to the events. At least that's how it looks, idk about what classes pm the gm hosts.

i didnt suggest that every class be present.. i just asked for a limitation so that there wasnt 13 sins in playoffs.. is it playoffs or sinoffs?  and i'm willing to wager the reason that so many sins are always in playoffs is because who the hell wants to waste their time  knowing that u are going to have to face some op geared sin thats gonna put on tidal spark and cut through you while u dont have a prayer of stopping them. that isnt fun.. there is no sportsmanship in it. its not fun to watch over and over.. changes might be for the better.

Offline Jaye

I'm not fighting change, I've actually sent a list of things to a GM to at least think about fixing playoffs.
but seriously, what's the point in making it dragon gear only? So many people work for their gear to fight others just to be told not to use it. Plus the fact that it's not an advantage in anyway, it's in fact a huge disadvantage for such classes that are pretty much based on ct. Losing all the ct from r8 is just giving the advantage to yet again classes like sins, wb and wr.

because playoffs is supposed to be about SKILL not who has the best gear not how hard people worked for their gear or whose daddy has the biggest spending limit on his mastercard.. i worked hard for my gear too and i still think that it would be nice to try it.. even the playing field a little..bring in some new blood..maybe different people would want to come..

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.

because playoffs is supposed to be about SKILL not who has the best gear not how hard people worked for their gear or whose daddy has the biggest spending limit on his mastercard.. i worked hard for my gear too and i still think that it would be nice to try it.. even the playing field a little..bring in some new blood..maybe different people would want to come..
But it's not just dragon gear. There has been playoffs that was dragon gear only but at that gms still allowed r8 weapons, ws, ds/cube. 
If it was going to be dragon only then it would be different but even with that people that would complain

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Alrighty so i tested the sin skill and it works like a charm, it will give me more work and consume some more minutes but i guess its for a greater good as it said so often.
Next week, Monday and Tuesday i will try 2 new methods and will see which one will be best, this doesnt mean it will be perfect cuz nothing is perfect, but can try to make it more fun as said above by players we GM's do not care about as also said somewhere in this topic.
So anywho let me explain what i will test.

Monday:
The Playoffs Event will have restrictions such as:
Players cannot have defense rank 8 items in their inventory (this mean players cannot have rank 8 pieces of gear containing defense stats such as reduce xxxx damage (phys and magic) aswell as the pdef / mdef 10% more than 1x per piece)
Players will have around 5 minutes, this is the time i suaully take to set the random matches, edit the post, save the images and set the recording, give or take some seconds, i won't be to strict with the time i will wait most likely for everyone to confirm they are rdy, in case people dont reply i will just go on and close the NPC's codes. NPC's will disappear after those 5 minutes not giving the chance for people to cheat.
Violating this rule by any method found will result in an instant disqualificaiton + the player will be banned fromt he event for a week (yes we have a list with players removed)

Tuesday:
This one will be a bit diferent and simple to execute.
Duels will be removed entirely.
Fights will be added 3 extra minutes, which means a total 8 minutes for each match.
Now the tricky and fun part, after the 8 minutes if there is no winner, both players will be disqualified.

EDIT: Oh yes i forgot, rewards on Playoffs event will be altered, so there is a higher reason to actually fight for it.

NOTE: This are tests, nothing is registered as effective nor decided. If you wanna rage this isnt the time yet, wait for when the rules are applied.

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants

Offline Xena

• Apollumi#1

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Monday:
The Playoffs Event will have restrictions such as:
Players cannot have defense rank 8 items in their inventory (this mean players cannot have rank 8 pieces of gear containing defense stats such as reduce xxxx damage (phys and magic) aswell as the pdef / mdef 10% more than 1x per piece)
Players will have around 5 minutes, this is the time i suaully take to set the random matches, edit the post, save the images and set the recording, give or take some seconds, i won't be to strict with the time i will wait most likely for everyone to confirm they are rdy, in case people dont reply i will just go on and close the NPC's codes. NPC's will disappear after those 5 minutes not giving the chance for people to cheat.
Violating this rule by any method found will result in an instant disqualificaiton + the player will be banned fromt he event for a week (yes we have a list with players removed)
Burdette, Kiddo or any other insanely geared archer with brain will always win that one since its impossible to tank them for 5 seconds without def gear, even with def gear its incerdibily hard, rather make it dragon gear only 
Tuesday:
This one will be a bit diferent and simple to execute.
Duels will be removed entirely.
Fights will be added 3 extra minutes, which means a total 8 minutes for each match.
Now the tricky and fun part, after the 8 minutes if there is no winner, both players will be disqualified.

EDIT: Oh yes i forgot, rewards on Playoffs event will be altered, so there is a higher reason to actually fight for it.

NOTE: This are tests, nothing is registered as effective nor decided. If you wanna rage this isnt the time yet, wait for when the rules are applied.
Seems ok

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
How can i check damage if im not fighting ?
If i tell you to bank your defense items and you bank them except for the weapon which have 4x defense levels full hone, what will happen ?
If you are fighting and you accuse other player of camping, what will happen ? I have to stop the fight, check his items 1 by 1 to see if i find any "camping" item, and if i dont find any after 10 minutes,do i rematch while everyone is getting bored waiting ?
Take note that when the event is hosted you and some others complain about the time it already takes, so taking more time than its taking now, would be a fix ?
u can host the event with a assassin.
so u can check players inventory with just 1 click before the fight starts. (it shows all inventory items)

edit: late abit :P
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Offline Xena

• Apollumi#1
Playoffs (just dragons gears),problem solved D; i agree with Maxy . 
bb

Angelica

What happens if the final fight is longer than 8 minutes? If you DQ both players, nobody wins?

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
What happens if the final fight is longer than 8 minutes? If you DQ both players, nobody wins?
dq means they are outta event bye bye the one that is supposted to fight the winner of that match gets a free pass