Epic Perfect World

Playoff suggestion

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
I'd like to suggest and plz dont bite my head off.. that maybe in playoffs there be a limit to how many of one class can join..

I was just in playoffs and there was a wizzy a barb myself on mystic and the rest were sins.. it is incredibly daunting to realize that u have to fight a sin and can only heal 10 times ( i understand why this rule is in effect. not complaining about the rule..ijs)..especially the sins that go for playoffs.. maybe if there was a limit other classes would be more likely to be brought in..

Like i said.. just a suggestion.. would be nice to get some ot feedback tho.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
limit 3 spark for sin if other classes got healing limit rofl 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
First off, let me list thing's that will never happen in playoffs.

• They will never limit classes - "because that's unfair to the community!"
  • They will never limit SoG - "because it's a skill, right?!"
  • They will never remove duels - "because that really proves who's better, right?"

They, referring to the GM staff that has delusion's of grandeur about their events.

Let me list thing's that should happen...

• Limit classes.
  • Limit SoG.
  • Remove duels.
  • Do not allow purify spell.
  • Make actual rules and not rules specific to the GM hosting.
  • Allow rematches (completely retarded this was removed)

I don't know what the GM's are thinking, honestly. The rules for this event are completely in favor for two classes. Wizards, and Assassins.

With the script issue becoming almost unbearable, the most advantageous class is obviously going to be assassin. Agatio himself even said once at a playoff's he attended "whoa, I thought this was a sin only event"

Not to mention that most fight's will last much, much longer than the "limit for duel". I usually have actual 1v1's outside of Playoffs that between two skillful players that will last 10~15 minutes.

Honestly, if the GM's are too lazy to sit around and host the event, don't even host it to begin with. It's completely ridiculous that a test of skill will be limited to a duel where there is no charms or regeneration, that's literally making a lot of fights (between sin's, and other classes) not even a fight.

If the GM doesn't have enough time to host a proper event (without dueling) then don't host it. If Players don't have enough time to stick around for the ENTIRE event, don't attend.

Again, the Playoffs is one of the most ridiculously structured event's on the entire server which favor's two types of players : Script campers, and players that will abuse class advantages.

(We all know that 99% of sins will make it to duel just to bow someone out of their range because of a 12 second seal)

All in all, with the way this server is right now, scripting has completely ruined the "skillfulness" of a player. There is no such thing as "skill" anymore, it's all automated.

As for Playoffs, sadly, nothing will be done. The GM's seem to think they know what's better for the players than the players themselves, which is typically the case when it comes to governments.

At the end of the day, you have to accept the fact that Sin's are the most broken class in the entire game right now, right next to Venomancers, simply because they are the most advantageous at the moment due to the abuse of Playoff's structure, and scripting.

Nothing will be done.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2016, 07:27 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Jaye

limit 3 spark for sin if other classes got healing limit rofl

This too.. thats how i died.. he sparked and i had no chance after that..i froze when he scripted and was dead in like 2 seconds..

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Matches have time limite, 5 minutes, if no winner is found players will have to duel.
What you are suggesting isnt a solution dom, you are suggesting us to stay around 3 hours for one event ? How does that make any sense ?
How will the purify rule change anything ? I didn't understand that one :/
This isnt a government either, we always take players suggestions / opinions into consideration. Just cuz yours don't add up doesn't mean we don't like you, thats some weird thinking dom -.-

Maybe the SoG can be the one thing to be changed, but there aren't cleric participating, its really rare but then agian the rule might be added.

Other suggestions are not needed :/

Isn't sins problems the same as others, the camp ? I seen assassins defending for 5min waiting for duel...So what needs ot be done is actually the damage increase where camping will not matter anymore.
Script i can't do much about it :/ some i know use script but i can't prove it, sadly.

If youlag on scripting use the simple models, you will not lag anymore, thtas the solution i know of only :/

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Matches have time limite, 5 minutes, if no winner is found players will have to duel.
What you are suggesting isnt a solution dom, you are suggesting us to stay around 3 hours for one event ? How does that make any sense ?
How will the purify rule change anything ? I didn't understand that one :/ same here
This isnt a government either, we always take players suggestions / opinions into consideration. Just cuz yours don't add up doesn't mean we don't like you, thats some weird thinking dom -.-

Maybe the SoG can be the one thing to be changed, but there aren't cleric participating, its really rare but then agian the rule might be added.

Isn't sins problems the same as others, the camp ? I seen assassins defending for 5min waiting for duel...So what needs ot be done is actually the damage increase where camping will not matter anymore. did you just suggest higher dmg overall so that def camping doesntrly save anyone anymore or did i missunderstand?
Script i can't do much about it :/ some i know use script but i can't prove it, sadly.

If youlag on scripting use the simple models, you will not lag anymore, thtas the solution i know of only :/

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
No i just want the camp not to matter lol can still defend as before but not "camp" where it means someone having 3x pdef 10% or the 3x damage reduction in every piece of gear.
I see many people with every item only to defend and what that tells me is that people are scared to play a game, scared to see pixels on the ground.
How to get people to stop camping so much ?

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
Limiting classes wouldn't be the solution for anything, it would actually be unfair and it would take more time than usual to get the 16 players for the event, as for scripting/def camping and what not...Adapt, it's a matter which affects everyone, but not everyone complains about it
About the SoG rule though, I'm all for it, there needs to be a limit on it, can't expect defeating a class which renders you useless for ~1minute continuously as they rebuild chi/genie energy, not to mention the purify spell weapon/def items they use, makes it so that they are virtually unbeatable in a fight, which is why 99% of the ep's that get to playoffs end up in duel, because of stalling the fight, which is simply lame, because it's more than obvious that they have the edge in duel.

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
No point making playoff suggestion, I made suggestions that a lot of people agreed on not to mention a lot of other people made suggestions and they got ignored  :police:

scatterer3

How will the purify rule change anything ? I didn't understand that one :/

Isn't sins problems the same as others, the camp ? I seen assassins defending for 5min waiting for duel...So what needs ot be done is actually the damage increase where camping will not matter anymore.

Maybe the SoG? You've seen how many times that cleric used SoG on me and you're a witness of how unfair the fight was, let's not talk about a duel vs. a cleric, which is ridiculous.

I've got upset because I almost got him once, but the chain use of sleep and SoG made it impossible for me to even have a chance to go for him.

It shouldn't be a "maybe" but a mandatory change, and that's the only change I'd make, if you aim for fairness and transparency in this game of course.

As for sins, I do not see a problem there, camp def just like they do and predict the right moment to go for the kill.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
3sogs/fight vs any class but sins, against sins endless coz #tidal
Restrict def cards (destroyer longevity durability soulprine lifeprime) from dd classes( all but eps/wrs/wbs)
Restrict rings

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
3sogs/fight vs any class but sins, against sins endless coz #tidal
Restrict def cards (destroyer longevity durability soulprine lifeprime) from dd classes( all but eps/wrs/wbs)
Restrict rings
nice joke just cuz of playoffs?  i like my hybrid build

heiro

This too.. thats how i died.. he sparked and i had no chance after that..i froze when he scripted and was dead in like 2 seconds..
what i want to know is why you were fighting scripters without simple models, knowing that scripting makes you lag

Offline Jaye

Limiting classes wouldn't be the solution for anything, it would actually be unfair and it would take more time than usual to get the 16 players for the event, as for scripting/def camping and what not...Adapt, it's a matter which affects everyone, but not everyone complains about it
About the SoG rule though, I'm all for it, there needs to be a limit on it, can't expect defeating a class which renders you useless for ~1minute continuously as they rebuild chi/genie energy, not to mention the purify spell weapon/def items they use, makes it so that they are virtually unbeatable in a fight, which is why 99% of the ep's that get to playoffs end up in duel, because of stalling the fight, which is simply lame, because it's more than obvious that they have the edge in duel.

please tell me how it would be unfair.. they limit classes in gvb and hvh... why is to so outrageous to suggest they do the same in playoffs? and swanes suggestion of limiting the 3 spark for sins was actually a very good suggestion.. yet it wasnt addressed at all..

Offline Jaye

what i want to know is why you were fighting scripters without simple models, knowing that scripting makes you lag

i had simple models on.. i dont play without them ever.. it does help but its not 100%
and before u say it i had no lag 20 fps about 200 ping cause i checked..