Epic Perfect World

Question for artists.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Well, i didn't know where to ask for this kind of support...

But yea, do your paint tool sai start to slow down a little after you get to work on drawings for a while and is there a way to fix it? :(

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis
  • Faction: Ducks
Well, i didn't know where to ask for this kind of support...

But yea, do your paint tool sai start to slow down a little after you get to work on drawings for a while and is there a way to fix it? :(
Hi Secsi!
I think it might be because of the number of layers (if you are a layers worker aw).
Merging down finished layers should fix the problem.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
Hi Secsi!
I think it might be because of the number of layers (if you are a layers worker aw).
Merging down finished layers should fix the problem.
Well, i do work with layers but like not as many(Like really... 6 layers make such impact).

Apart of that, it did fix the problem a little... Thanks Angie. :normal-23:

Angelica

I got the same when I first downloaded SAI, then I removed it and downloaded from somewhere else, not sure if this is the problem for you as well  :-[

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary
Never happened to me before tbh even if the pc I draw on is an ancient potato and I used to have more than 20 layers sometimes (never again lmaooo)
what's your sai version? 
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
maybe it's life's way of telling you to slow down and enjoy life ~ 
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
I got the same when I first downloaded SAI, then I removed it and downloaded from somewhere else, not sure if this is the problem for you as well  :-[

Well... i downloaded it plenty times from different places and it always happens. :'(

Never happened to me before tbh even if the pc I draw on is an ancient potato and I used to have more than 20 layers sometimes (never again lmaooo)
what's your sai version?

My version is 1.1.0(Not really installed... Just extracted it from doc mai sent me).

maybe it's life's way of telling you to slow down and enjoy life ~

LOL Ops...

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

What kind of slow down is it? Is it just your lines or even pressing buttons?
If it's just lines, your stabilizer isn't high, is it? Just making sure.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran

What kind of slow down is it? Is it just your lines or even pressing buttons?
If it's just lines, your stabilizer isn't high, is it? Just making sure.
I can assure you my stabilizer is fine(Even though i use 3 for sketching and 14 for lineart). :'(

But like once you are moving ur pen all the way around the tablet and it is fast then 30 minutes after you started drawing it is slow as hell even when you stop touching it... Then i close sai for a little(15 minutes or so), open it again and it is working fine.

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary
I can assure you my stabilizer is fine(Even though i use 3 for sketching and 14 for lineart). :'(

But like once you are moving ur pen all the way around the tablet and it is fast then 30 minutes after you started drawing it is slow as hell even when you stop touching it... Then i close sai for a little(15 minutes or so), open it again and it is working fine.
It probably has something to do with the tablet then or the pen itself maybe
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Hm.

What tablet are you using? :c

I tried looking it up and found a few things but idk

There's this one:

"Actually I found the problem!!
Go into the start menu
Search pen and touch and click it
Go to flicks and disable it."

One was about a toolbar update program but maybe you have something else using up CPU in the background?

Another post mentioned downgrading tablet drivers because one was bugged, but that's tablet-dependent.

i remember the fashion

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
It could be from your PC. It happen to me once when the pen was working slower than a snail because I changed the spot I plugged my tablet on. Or could be from tablet, if it gets hot. Try changed the plugging spot, maybe it works. :(

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
Hm.

What tablet are you using? :c

I tried looking it up and found a few things but idk

There's this one:

"Actually I found the problem!!
Go into the start menu
Search pen and touch and click it
Go to flicks and disable it."

One was about a toolbar update program but maybe you have something else using up CPU in the background?

Another post mentioned downgrading tablet drivers because one was bugged, but that's tablet-dependent.
Wacom CTH480L

There is actually an update for my tablet now that i have been looking for something around the tablet menu so maybe i have to update it?? (I never really bothered to touch on its settings honestly and i have it for few months now, so i might be a little bit lost).

It could be from your PC. It happen to me once when the pen was working slower than a snail because I changed the spot I plugged my tablet on. Or could be from tablet, if it gets hot. Try changed the plugging spot, maybe it works. :(

LOL I got nerdie pc and my tablet never got hot at all. I also tried to plug in another spots and the same thing happened again after some time so i assume it must be what Echo said above.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Wacom CTH480L

There is actually an update for my tablet now that i have been looking for something around the tablet menu so maybe i have to update it?? (I never really bothered to touch on its settings honestly and i have it for few months now, so i might be a little bit lost).

Yeah maybe try updating it, I've never had the problem so I can only assume things :c

i remember the fashion

Offline Iyrin

• A ▼ ▲ A ▼ ▲
  • Artists instinctively want to reflect humanity—
  • Characters: Dominija
I haven't used SAI for larger projects, but I know with Photoshop lag can come from your file just eating up ram etc. Check your canvas size, resolution and file size. You could also bring up task manager and keep an eye on cpu usage. Even without using a ton of layers you can still lag just from a ton of detail. If none of that seems to be the culprit then it's probably something the other replies mentioned.