Epic Perfect World

Russian players

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Why is chat moderation even a thing? The majority of the server are adults yet they're treated like children. Boohoo someone said I suck on an online game rofl I hope that player gets banned so he'd know his lesson lmao.

It doesn't fix any issues since you can just go on an alt and shit talk from there. All it does is create abuse towards the system, I mean look how many people are reporting the littlest of things such as competitive banter and pretend they're offended just to get that player banned for the lulz.

Sure mute a player one day mid argument, it'll just become unfinished and be  stepped up in the next argument.

Was never monitored back on pwi years ago yet all the drama got resolved by itself, with a conclusive ending rather than it just being carried onto the next argument.
rules and moderation are a part everywhere in our society (in a way), your boss, your teacher or  your mother -  there is always someone that expects you to at least pretend tzo be a decent human beeing and will "punish" you if you dont

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
rules and moderation are a part everywhere in our society (in a way), your boss, your teacher or  your mother -  there is always someone that expects you to at least pretend tzo be a decent human beeing and will "punish" you if you dont

that is what Foucault would call supervision by those in power, with different institutions established to maintain control such as schools and churches  :police: and he used the panopticon prison as an example of this:

a circular prison that was designed with a single watchtower in the center where a guard was placed who could see out, but the prisoners could not see inside.  so the prisoners would not be able to see whether or not a guard is stationed to watch them, but fear of punishment is what keeps them following the disciplines set down by those in power even if there really isn't someone watching them.

tl;dr: the rules and moderations are part of the system who is controlled by the man and we must fight the man #stoptheoppression

Offline Kofte

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Kofte & Barz
  • Faction: Tyrants
that is what Foucault would call supervision by those in power, with different institutions established to maintain control such as schools and churches  :police: and he used the panopticon prison as an example of this:

a circular prison that was designed with a single watchtower in the center where a guard was placed who could see out, but the prisoners could not see inside.  so the prisoners would not be able to see whether or not a guard is stationed to watch them, but fear of punishment is what keeps them following the disciplines set down by those in power even if there really isn't someone watching them.

tl;dr: the rules and moderations are part of the system who is controlled by the man and we must fight the man #stoptheoppression
You got this

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
that is what Foucault would call supervision by those in power, with different institutions established to maintain control such as schools and churches  :police: and he used the panopticon prison as an example of this:

a circular prison that was designed with a single watchtower in the center where a guard was placed who could see out, but the prisoners could not see inside.  so the prisoners would not be able to see whether or not a guard is stationed to watch them, but fear of punishment is what keeps them following the disciplines set down by those in power even if there really isn't someone watching them.

nice homework rumi

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Why is chat moderation even a thing? The majority of the server are adults yet they're treated like children. Boohoo someone said I suck on an online game rofl I hope that player gets banned so he'd know his lesson lmao.

It doesn't fix any issues since you can just go on an alt and shit talk from there. All it does is create abuse towards the system, I mean look how many people are reporting the littlest of things such as competitive banter and pretend they're offended just to get that player banned for the lulz.

Sure mute a player one day mid argument, it'll just become unfinished and be  stepped up in the next argument.

Was never monitored back on pwi years ago yet all the drama got resolved by itself, with a conclusive ending rather than it just being carried onto the next argument.
this guy has a point
rofl i insult my friends irl ... police doesn't put me in jail for that or " moderate me " 
plus nowadays babies born with an offending dictionary  full of insults ... 10 old years boys insult better than adults 

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
this guy has a point
rofl i insult my friends irl ... police doesn't put me in jail for that or " moderate me "
plus nowadays babies born with an offending dictionary  full of insults ... 10 old years boys insult better than adults

your police sux lmao

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
your police sux lmao
Lil Swane the police man http://www.funnfun.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pakistan-police-funny-soldier.jpg
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

kitty stew

Why is chat moderation even a thing? The majority of the server are adults yet they're treated like children. Boohoo someone said I suck on an online game rofl I hope that player gets banned so he'd know his lesson lmao. It doesn't fix any issues since you can just go on an alt and shit talk from there. All it does is create abuse towards the system, I mean look how many people are reporting the littlest of things such as competitive banter and pretend they're offended just to get that player banned for the lulz. Sure mute a player one day mid argument, it'll just become unfinished and be stepped up in the next argument. Was never monitored back on pwi years ago yet all the drama got resolved by itself, with a conclusive ending rather than it just being carried onto the next argument.

horse shit i can't tell you how many times ppl in top guilds of HT were reporting each other and getting others muted or banned you obviously don't know what ur talking about

the reason for rules is this is a private server and you aren't entitled to play here..  contrary to a few posts by kids being internet martyrs and talking about the police..  this isn't a civil rights issue you have no right to be here so the belief in freedom of speech when ur a visitor to someone else's private place is laughable

either be respectful to the rules of the place ur a visitor to or piss off is the logical thought process
Last Edit: Jan 23, 2016, 06:23 pm by kitty stew

Offline AngelOfDeath_

• زنده باد ایران
  • Disbanded Expendables ,Ducks,HO,Warning Tyrants Siege EvilTouch Agatio made them play other games
  • Characters: Airyaman
  • Faction: Aryan
Adding on to all the replies, only 1/6 GMs right now understand russian, how would we moderate what you're writing?
ikr it's like moderate mentalista lmao
(hire russian hacker pm ingame)

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
horse shit i can't tell you how many times ppl in top guilds of HT were reporting each other and getting others muted or banned you obviously don't know what ur talking about

the reason for rules is this is a private server and you aren't entitled to play here..  contrary to a few posts by kids being internet martyrs and talking about the police..  this isn't a civil rights issue you have no right to be here so the belief in freedom of speech when ur a visitor to someone else's private place is laughable

either be respectful to the rules of the place ur a visitor to or piss off is the logical thought process
Ok then you're not allowed to play on this server because it violates copyright and that's illegal my friend. Boohoo. I report you to the police for illicit use. Rofl.

Like you said, people reported each other, and that's abuseable. Look at the ban fest that occurred just before Christmas, half the server was getting banned for saying lolusuck  cause everyone abused it and pretended to be offended. Let banter be sorted out by itself, there's no need for external assistance, the bans here aren't threatening(1-3 days rofl) and it's not hard to make a new account to continue the drama if you're muted. People can be blocked if you're not into it, give no response and eventually you'll get no response.

Very unlikely that I'm going to go to prison just for calling someone a shitty, or receive any punishment at all. lol.
♡ Bellend ♡

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran

Very unlikely that I'm going to go to prison just for calling someone a shitty, or receive any punishment at all. lol.
Depends, try saying it to a police officer or a co-worker infront of your boss.

Offline Scripter

• Old Player
  • I give 0 ***s and I got 0 chill in me.
  • Characters: AdreAnaline

Most of the times I see people getting muted/banned because of spam and when things go to a personal level. I hardly see people banned/muted when the trashtalk stays related to the game and doesn't disturb other people's peace while playing the game. Sometimes you're  really trying to get something done before you go do other things (because...you know some of us can't play for 8+ hrs a day) and the constant "easy pk" "you're shit" "lol come 1v1" really just gets annoying, people don't really get offended, some just get pissed off but it really is annoying to those using world chat for solid reasons for things that concern the whole server not just two tryhard guilds that are pissed because one of them sigged sz first.

Offline 3

• Old Player
Ok then you're not allowed to play on this server because it violates copyright and that's illegal my friend. Boohoo. I report you to the police for illicit use. Rofl.

Like you said, people reported each other, and that's abuseable. Look at the ban fest that occurred just before Christmas, half the server was getting banned for saying lolusuck  cause everyone abused it and pretended to be offended. Let banter be sorted out by itself, there's no need for external assistance, the bans here aren't threatening(1-3 days rofl) and it's not hard to make a new account to continue the drama if you're muted. People can be blocked if you're not into it, give no response and eventually you'll get no response.

whoever is developing the game/creating the rules thinks enforcing these negligible rules that reflect their convoluted sensitivities actually helps/is productive

some 12 year old logs on and sees "easy pk" in world chat and starts getting twisty-faced, ban the guy that said "easy pk" it's his fault obviously!!11! here, let me run in front of 2 boxers and get myself a concussion and broken neck. it's the boxer's fault amirite?

this is basically a water-downed form of the developers/"game masters" (take that term lightly) trying to parade some pseudo-SJW complex where everyone gets an opportunity to get offended at something

some random late 20s/mid 30s player gets offended at me saying "rofl noob" in world chat.. BUT WAIT!! i'm offended that they're offended at what i said in world chat, ban them amirite?

i'm offended at other people getting offended.. BUT WAIT!! my great-great-great-grand-Uncle-in-law is offended that i'm offended at other people getting offended

so the GMs aren't doing their jobs if my great-great-great-grand-Uncle-in-law is offended that i'm offended at other people getting offended.. just keep banning everyone until no one feels insulted? roflmalelolreflmfae

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
whoever is developing the game/creating the rules thinks enforcing these negligible rules that reflect their convoluted sensitivities actually helps/is productive

some 12 year old logs on and sees "easy pk" in world chat and starts getting twisty-faced, ban the guy that said "easy pk" it's his fault obviously!!11! here, let me run in front of 2 boxers and get myself a concussion and broken neck. it's the boxer's fault amirite?

this is basically a water-downed form of the developers/"game masters" (take that term lightly) trying to parade some pseudo-SJW complex where everyone gets an opportunity to get offended at something

some random late 20s/mid 30s player gets offended at me saying "rofl noob" in world chat.. BUT WAIT!! i'm offended that they're offended at what i said in world chat, ban them amirite?

i'm offended at other people getting offended.. BUT WAIT!! my great-great-great-grand-Uncle-in-law is offended that i'm offended at other people getting offended

so the GMs aren't doing their jobs if my great-great-great-grand-Uncle-in-law is offended that i'm offended at other people getting offended.. just keep banning everyone until no one feels insulted? roflmalelolreflmfae

gm's job would be a thousand times easier people if people were just left to take care of what upsets them by themselves (aka blacklisting or just outright ignoring/not caring).  gms would just have to take care of people like scammers and shit like that.  that would be a perfect world for me but ik it'll never happen mostly cos ik even the idea of that would upset people and agatio has a business to run

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
gm's job would be a thousand times easier people if people were just left to take care of what upsets them by themselves (aka blacklisting or just outright ignoring/not caring).  gms would just have to take care of people like scammers and shit like that.  that would be a perfect world for me but ik it'll never happen mostly cos ik even the idea of that would upset people and agatio has a business to run
u can't even muzz
i feel like i'm dead