Epic Perfect World

I fail @ art.

Offline 「ĐoYouMind」

• Forum Lurk Pro.
  • Please try again.
  • Characters: N/A
  • Faction: N/A
Even tutorials seem to be doing very little. Boooo. This is my latest, and by far ugliest piece. WIP.

Oh my god. Someone please link helpful tut's :(
Hello.

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
I heard a good way to get into drawing humans, is to start off by studying human anatomy.

I'm no artist tho, that fact is not tested&verified by me. 

Offline Kei

• low-key since '95
  • Characters: Heavenleigh
I heard a good way to get into drawing humans, is to start off by studying human anatomy.

I agree with this.
I used to study in an art school and to practice drawing human, we had to draw a naked human body from every angle and position. (No, we didn't hire a person to strip off in front of us).
After all those years of training though, I still draw dislocated bodies because I simply suck at creating realistic art.  :-[

Offline 「ĐoYouMind」

• Forum Lurk Pro.
  • Please try again.
I'm going for anime though. :(
Hello.

Offline ╰❇╮

• Nurse
  • Characters: IDesire - Amatusaru - MoonFall
I'm going for anime though. :(
I dk if I can assist you, cause there could be various reasons why you cant get what you want.
If so I think it's best if we have a share screen to see what you are doing. 
Let me know if you would wish this.

Shazzy my cutie wifu!
✿   Ty Royal for the lovely art   ✿

Offline 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐚

• Forum Veteran
i'm not a pro but..
:normal-37:
imo doesnt look bad
picture tutorials can be a good help
keep drawing!
^^

Offline Vanislav

Actually I think that helps a lot! I draw portraits and I also happen to be a dental student so we really study the anatomy of the human face more than anyone else so yea, I think it helped me one way or another. 

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis
  • Faction: Ducks
The most helpful hint I feel like sharing with you, is to break down your working schedule.

What I personally do, is draw the very rough sketch. Then I close it, don`t touch it nor check it for a few hours, and go do something completely different. Then I take it back, and see all what feels wrong with it: uneven eyes, ugly hair, wrong hands position, wrong proportions, etc.

I fix what I see as wrong, then close it and take another few hours break. You need to go do something completely different because your brain needs to forget about what you`ve done until now.

Then I take it back - if I feel it`s ok, then I outline it and start coloring. Otherwise I fix it one last time, and then go on with the outlining and coloring.

The fact is that, when you work on something for a long time, you lose the objectivity - because of all the effort you put into it. Once you let it rest and take it back, you feel less sorry about having to modify all the work you`ve been doing until now.

This is the reason why sometimes, you feel you did a good job - then you check it again the following day and you feel like a dishonor to your ancestors.

Checking tutorials is good, but I feel like it`s counterproductive if you are at the beginning. They are often misleading and might end up discouraging you.

I think at the beginning you should produce what you CAN, and have fun with it. Once you trained a little and tried out enough things to begin to understand what you like drawing and the style you prefer - you can slowly start following tutorials.

Offline 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐚

• Forum Veteran
The most helpful hint I feel like sharing with you, is to break down your working schedule.

What I personally do, is draw the very rough sketch. Then I close it, don`t touch it nor check it for a few hours, and go do something completely different. Then I take it back, and see all what feels wrong with it: uneven eyes, ugly hair, wrong hands position, wrong proportions, etc.

I fix what I see as wrong, then close it and take another few hours break. You need to go do something completely different because your brain needs to forget about what you`ve done until now.

Then I take it back - if I feel it`s ok, then I outline it and start coloring. Otherwise I fix it one last time, and then go on with the outlining and coloring.

The fact is that, when you work on something for a long time, you lose the objectivity - because of all the effort you put into it. Once you let it rest and take it back, you feel less sorry about having to modify all the work you`ve been doing until now.

This is the reason why sometimes, you feel you did a good job - then you check it again the following day and you feel like a dishonor to your ancestors.

Checking tutorials is good, but I feel like it`s counterproductive if you are at the beginning. They are often misleading and might end up discouraging you.

I think at the beginning you should produce what you CAN, and have fun with it. Once you trained a little and tried out enough things to begin to understand what you like drawing and the style you prefer - you can slowly start following tutorials.
this
completely true, i like your method! should try it myself
Angie Sensei
(bows)

Offline 「ĐoYouMind」

• Forum Lurk Pro.
  • Please try again.

Oh my god this is brilliant....And it makes sense when I think about it logically. I loooove you! :P
Hello.

Offline ╰❇╮

• Nurse
  • Characters: IDesire - Amatusaru - MoonFall
Oh my god this is brilliant....And it makes sense when I think about it logically. I loooove you! :P
Yes what Angie pointed out is best I do the same. Also when creating line art you need some settings for brushes idk if you know these. Such as stabilizer, etc. my offer is still open so let me know

Shazzy my cutie wifu!
✿   Ty Royal for the lovely art   ✿

Offline Jinxers

• (▰˘v˘▰)
  • Characters: Jinxers
There are a lot of helpful tutorials on tumblr. Especially with the anime style. :)

Look for Masterposts, like [ this ]

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
The only tip i can give (which i more often than not forget to follow myself, tho i rly should >.<) is to mirror your drawing over and over again - it helps alot finding things that are .. just not quite right.

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary

exactly what she said
use references, look up tutorials, speed paints and just draw and draw, practice makes perfect
also never stress about having your own style and don't be afraid to try new things/experiment 

worst thing you can do to yourself is to take some drawing and just draw over it 
(you wont learn anything seriously don't do this)
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline 「ĐoYouMind」

• Forum Lurk Pro.
  • Please try again.
Yes what Angie pointed out is best I do the same. Also when creating line art you need some settings for brushes idk if you know these. Such as stabilizer, etc. my offer is still open so let me know
I have my stabilizer set to 13 per suggestion previously by another user here.
As for other settings I JUST figured out how to turn my point down to make it smaller and I figured out how to turn the density down.
As for screen sharing I really cant do that; My computer is old - Near its death. I would love to but Maggie (My computer) wouldn't let me. :(
Hello.