Epic Perfect World

New PWI Expansion (Rebalanced skills) o.0

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
All these people complaining about how greedy PWI is...but the thing is, they kind of have a reason.
See, the PWI has to purchase the rights to use the game and the expansions. PW-CN has 2 versions, pay to play and free to play. Pay to play has completely redone skills, user owned and built houses, etc. Unfortunately, PWI "rents" rights to the free to play version. Due to this, they can't change a single thing; they're bound by a contract.
However there is something they can change - their cash shop. Gambling is illegal in China, therefore, packs are already a "PWI-exclusive", and we all know about gambling addiction.  :monkey-47:
Given that they can't change much aside from their cash shop, PWI has to be sitting ducks until their content is ready to be purchased. Sure, they could change them themselves, but I'm pretty certain there would be legal issues involved.
Anyway, the point I was trying to make before I got too crazy is that we really don't need these fixes. Our GMs are perfectly capable of changing things themselves, which has thus proven to be quite effective.   :monkey-47:
well that may be true, but that doesnt excuse them from making crucial itms cashshop only. They may not have much freedom with the game, but they CAN make things more freely available, or cheaper. They are still greedy. Even if heir hands are tied, they STILL could have easily made things more balenced and fair. Yet they threw in classes which (tho i LOVE, i have to admit) completely destroyed balence in the game, including a class that gets STRONGER WITH REFINES which makes them HUGE $$$$$. Making a cash shopping CLASS proved their interests were with the money, and furthermore, GMs barely even exist in game, and they dont do crap. Frankly it's wrong, and i feel sorry for people still pouring money into it. They should just play a private server and not only save themselves a fortune, but will introduce them to a player friendly enviroment where you can actually speak to a GM if you need something. Point is, PWI is dead; has been for a long time. And i DOUBT it will ever come back. Clerics are only pixels after all....  >.>
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Tali

well that may be true, but that doesnt excuse them from making crucial itms cashshop only. They may not have much freedom with the game, but they CAN make things more freely available, or cheaper. They are still greedy. Even if heir hands are tied, they STILL could have easily made things more balenced and fair. Yet they threw in classes which (tho i LOVE, i have to admit) completely destroyed balence in the game, including a class that gets STRONGER WITH REFINES which makes them HUGE $$$$$. Making a cash shopping CLASS proved their interests were with the money, and furthermore, GMs barely even exist in game, and they dont do crap. Frankly it's wrong, and i feel sorry for people still pouring money into it. They should just play a private server and not only save themselves a fortune, but will introduce them to a player friendly enviroment where you can actually speak to a GM if you need something. Point is, PWI is dead; has been for a long time. And i DOUBT it will ever come back. Clerics are only pixels after all....  >.>

This is where your judgement is still clouded. PW-CN, or w2i, made these characters. Yes, they later were fixed in the pay 2 play version, but PWI themselves had no say in making these classes nor balancing them, they simply took the content that was given to them. Did they perhaps build the cash shop around the broken mechanics? I'd say, hell yes they did.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
This is where your judgement is still clouded. PW-CN, or w2i, made these characters. Yes, they later were fixed in the pay 2 play version, but PWI themselves had no say in making these classes nor balancing them, they simply took the content that was given to them. Did they perhaps build the cash shop around the broken mechanics? I'd say, hell yes they did.
If my judgement is clouded it would b do to lack of information on the matter, either way, any information i recieve on it, will be taken into consideration. I am open minded and if new knowledge come to me, i will adjust my PoV accordingly. So if you know how to prove pwi doesnt want to make # with no regard to player satisfaction, pls enlighten me, and if your argueing is compelling enough, i will likely change my opinion, or at very least modify it  :)
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Tali

If my judgement is clouded it would b do to lack of information on the matter, either way, any information i recieve on it, will be taken into consideration. I am open minded and if new knowledge come to me, i will adjust my PoV accordingly. So if you know how to prove pwi doesnt want to make # with no regard to player satisfaction, pls enlighten me, and if your argueing is compelling enough, i will likely change my opinion, or at very least modify it  :)

No, I agree entirely with you that PWI is very greedy. All I was disagreeing with was the fact that most people believe that PWI made the game, whereas they actually have no control over the content. I also agree that the mechanics of PWI are broken, and PWE simply exploited it for money.