Epic Perfect World

Custom titles for donation points

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

Would be a bunch of inappropriate titles & tryhard ones that attempt to belittle others

Read where I said that Agatio would have to approve the titles before distributing it out.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
Read where I said that Agatio would have to approve the titles before distributing it out.
still requires diff system of buying the custom title with dona points, you can't just spend 5 dona points for title that won't be accepted.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Alot of work(many requests) , requires reboot and considering how many languages, symbols and so on are there it will be extremely easy to create an offensive title, even if aga or any gm checks them
As cool as the idea sounds like, u'd rather suggest some custom ones that every1 will get at npc and done

pikachuchu

still requires diff system of buying the custom title with dona points, you can't just spend 5 dona points for title that won't be accepted.
Well imo it's kind of logical that if it gets rejected, you get your points back.

Alot of work(many requests) , requires reboot and considering how many languages, symbols and so on are there it will be extremely easy to create an offensive title, even if aga or any gm checks them
As cool as the idea sounds like, u'd rather suggest some custom ones that every1 will get at npc and done

I think the point of people wanting donation titles are to have unique titles that others don't have, and also not all suggested titles get added.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
Well imo it's kind of logical that if it gets rejected, you get your points back.

I think the point of people wanting donation titles are to have unique titles that others don't have, and also not all suggested titles get added.

LOOOOOOL dude you think aga would do all the refunds, that's too much efford 

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
LOOOOOOL dude you think aga would do all the refunds, that's too much efford
??
Just make an option to add the title you want and it's sent on a list to the GM's, and at the end of each month, someone goes over the list to see if there's anything vulgar, if not, they accept it and they deduct points from your account, if at that time (end of month), there are no points on you account, your loss.
No refunding needed.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I dont really see the point. There are certain inside jokes that GMs aren't privy to or things made up to harass individuals that would get past the initial screening. Besides that, how many people will actually use the service? The people on these forums are not enough of a sample size to actually indicate how the playerbase would react to this addition. If there are few people who want to use this service, then there's absolutely no point in bothering with adding this service. If there are a lot of people that want to use this service, you have to look at it from a logistical perspective, not cause its a cool thing to have. You'd have to consider:

-Each individual titles gets an entry in both elements.data and tasks.data; potentially if unlimited titles are ordered by people, this would increase file size meaning slower updating for the general population (have to think how this would affect things long term; how many titles will there be in the system after a year? They cant be deleted unless Agatio wants to piss people off with making them lose their money and custom title).
-Would you limit the amount of titles an individual can buy? If so how many?
-How would each person receive those titles? Since those titles aren't within the system until after updates, those items wont be in the GM panel that is capable of insta-mailing items to people. Each title would need to be inputted into the panel first by Agatio and then the GMs would be able to mail them. Otherwise, GMs would have to individually trade each person their title after they are placed into a special shop for GMs to purchase and then trade. Again, long term, what happens when there is an order of say 100 titles with people on in many different time zones; the wait time for these titles wouldn't just be 1 month.

All in all, its a cool idea, but I see it as a huge waste of time to implement. We have plenty of titles as is that are not used even though so many people would spam for them to have. I'd rather see some nice colored permanent titles for everyone to use. Besides, custom titles should remain special for things like events.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
??
Just make an option to add the title you want and it's sent on a list to the GM's, and at the end of each month, someone goes over the list to see if there's anything vulgar, if not, they accept it and they deduct points from your account, if at that time (end of month), there are no points on you account, your loss.
No refunding needed.
yes but if you look logically, there's no system that would allow that to be automatic, so yet again, im guessing agatio would say too much efford, dude imagine players buying points and you suddenly have to distribute titles to 1k chars + not to mention deducting 5 points from their accounts manually 1 by 1. makes you feel suicidal

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
I would really like for this idea to be implemented somehow in everyone's convenience. 

It's only a matter if a convenient way can be found.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Custom titles, unlike faction icons, require server reboot to add and since we have main patches around once a month, the waiting time would be unacceptably long... Of course I could do reboots more often, but that would annoy players and I do prefer doing them once patch is fully ready to save my time.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind the server being rebooted a bit more often. It might help with lag in the long run...
Anyways +1 to suggestion. I'd pay to have my "Dear" or "Sincerely" title.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I dont really see the point. There are certain inside jokes that GMs aren't privy to or things made up to harass individuals that would get past the initial screening. Besides that, how many people will actually use the service? The people on these forums are not enough of a sample size to actually indicate how the playerbase would react to this addition. If there are few people who want to use this service, then there's absolutely no point in bothering with adding this service. If there are a lot of people that want to use this service, you have to look at it from a logistical perspective, not cause its a cool thing to have. You'd have to consider:

-Each individual titles gets an entry in both elements.data and tasks.data; potentially if unlimited titles are ordered by people, this would increase file size meaning slower updating for the general population (have to think how this would affect things long term; how many titles will there be in the system after a year? They cant be deleted unless Agatio wants to piss people off with making them lose their money and custom title).
-Would you limit the amount of titles an individual can buy? If so how many?
-How would each person receive those titles? Since those titles aren't within the system until after updates, those items wont be in the GM panel that is capable of insta-mailing items to people. Each title would need to be inputted into the panel first by Agatio and then the GMs would be able to mail them. Otherwise, GMs would have to individually trade each person their title after they are placed into a special shop for GMs to purchase and then trade. Again, long term, what happens when there is an order of say 100 titles with people on in many different time zones; the wait time for these titles wouldn't just be 1 month.

All in all, its a cool idea, but I see it as a huge waste of time to implement. We have plenty of titles as is that are not used even though so many people would spam for them to have. I'd rather see some nice colored permanent titles for everyone to use. Besides, custom titles should remain special for things like events.
Completely agree with this. Especially the very last part..

"Custom titles should remain special for things like events"

What's the point of working towards special titles when you can have a custom-just-as-cocky title yourself.

Offline Jinxers

• (▰˘v˘▰)
  • Characters: Jinxers
Unfortunately, too many in this community would mess it up being offensive.  :police:  

GM's have plenty of other things to work on as is. -1

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
I dont really see the point.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
Don't see any point in this sadly.