Epic Perfect World

No icons & texture issue

Offline excl

Hello! I was so happy that I've gotten EPW to work on my Ubuntu machine through PlayOnLinux, it updates and runs fine, don't know about lag yet since I haven't played for more than a few minutes, because of the icons and texture issue.

For some odd reason, all the icons except meditate, are "?" and the texture for Earthguards and male Tideborn are absent, they just show a black face. Is this common? Or is this just possibly because I'm playing on Linux? Would be a shame if it's the latter. I don't mind the textures, but the icons are really trippy and shall we say, the game would be almost unplayable unless I'm a memorising guru.

To better explain, here's a screenshot:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I have Ubuntu on my desktop and I got the same issue. I couldn't be bothered to figure it out though so I play on my laptop now. But the ? and textures are definitely cause of Ubuntu. I think it (the ?) has to do with some language pack? I don't quite know as the last time I took a swing at that issue was close to a year ago. Hopefully someone else has some insight as to how to fix your issue.

Here's a guide that was posted a while back. Don't know if its complete or not though.

Offline excl

I have Ubuntu on my desktop and I got the same issue. I couldn't be bothered to figure it out though so I play on my laptop now. But the ? and textures are definitely cause of Ubuntu. I think it (the ?) has to do with some language pack? I don't quite know as the last time I took a swing at that issue was close to a year ago. Hopefully someone else has some insight as to how to fix your issue.

Here's a guide that was posted a while back. Don't know if its complete or not though.
I have it on PlayOnLinux, tried running from Wine direct, still no luck with the icons. Going to dread having to pirate Windows 7. Windows 10 is a real turn off with what Microsoft made it..